It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Of Father Mocking Girl With Cerebral Palsy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The parents of a 10-year-old girl who has cerebral palsy are taking to the media with claims that their neighbors have been harassing and making fun of their daughter’s disability. Hope Holcomb’s family has turned a tape of the purported mockery — which allegedly shows a nine-year-old neighbor and his father mimicking Hope’s walk — over to prosecutors. The family, irate at the images shown in the clip, wants charges filed against the father. As a result of the alleged harassment and ongoing bullying, Hope has said that she is afraid to leave her home in East Sparta, Ohio, Fox4KC.com reports.

I try not to internet tough guy but I would LOVE to have a few minutes unsupervised with this jackass. I get that feuds between families and neighbors can get ugly, but you have to be a real dirt bag to mock a little girl suffering from Cerebral Palsy. I saw one comment defending the guy, saying that it wasn't obvious he was making fun of the girl. To me it was pretty cut and dry. Walking that close behind her with an exaggerated limp.

I hope the little girl gets the protection order. I feel for this guy's kid too. He's probably going to grow up thinking it's OK to treat people like crap.

Link

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I've called out teenagers on our LRT system here for making fun of an older person in a wheel chair.

I said it out loud, very loud, and the whole train look upon them in shame.

This is personal because my brother struggles very deeply with mental and physical disabilities.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
scumbags that is all

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I'm not one to condone violence, but I think someone should pay that boys father a visit and leave him with a permanent 'limp'.
See how he likes it then.

One word: SCUMBAG!

haven123 beat me to it

edit on 4-10-2012 by cahlmac because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
People wonder why our schools are going down the toilet.

Well, this is the prime reason. Parents who should NEVER have been parents. They teach their kids it's okay to make fun of others, to be disrespectful, to be arrogant and a bully.

Maybe this will go viral, shame that father, and raise money for the girl (like the video of the kids calling the bus monitor names). I bet the family would have a great time at Disney World.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
[color=dodgerblue] It's a different story to poke fun at things that can be helped. Example: a silly hairdo, a funky looking outfit, clown-like make up, etc. These things can be helped, CP cannot.

Making fun of things that cannot be helped, just makes you a jerk.

I hope that this jackass gets what he has coming.

edit on 4-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
The girl's father should just clean the other guy's clock. In the old days that's how they would have handled this. Problem solved.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Maybe this will go viral, shame that father, and raise money for the girl

I doubt anything is going to shame this douche bag but it would be nice for the little girl to see that the vast majority of people are on her side and support her. I would encourage anyone fed up with this kind of jackass to spread the news and try to get this story into the right hands.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by daryllyn

It's a different story to poke fun at things that can be helped. Example: a silly hairdo, a funky looking outfit, clown-like make up, etc. These things can be helped, CP cannot.

Agreed. Also having an adult mock a little girl in a hateful way like this is just wrong. There's teasing and then there's being a complete punk.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
The girl's father should just clean the other guy's clock. In the old days that's how they would have handled this. Problem solved.

So, it would help her for her father to go to jail for a very long time? That would solve nothing, and in this day and age that is what would happen, given this situation. Then, the bullies would win. Better to keep a level head, film their behavior, and hope the school system, or judicial system, can do something about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

I agree to a certain extent but I also think that some people really do need a swift kick in the behind. I don't think this guy is ever going to see the error of his ways, but that if he was worried about losing face or getting a boo boo he might knock it off. For now lets just hope enough people get mad and drive him out of the neighborhood. Little kids shouldn't be subjected to adults personal problems. I dunno, I'm immature as bleep. If I saw that in action I would have a REAL hard time not resorting to fisticuffs.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Catacomb

Originally posted by Hillarie

So, it would help her for her father to go to jail for a very long time? That would solve nothing, and in this day and age that is what would happen, given this situation. Then, the bullies would win. Better to keep a level head, film their behavior, and hope the school system, or judicial system, can do something about it.

If I was juror I would find that no law had been violated through "jury nullification"

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As my mother used to tell me, if you don't have anything nice, don't say anything at all...And I really don't have anything nice to say about this person who unfortunately, is a father....

I am going to break that rule my mom taught me just this once and say....

This scumbag who I will loosely refer to as a man...Is nothing more than a pure loser and a horrible example to his kid.... I fear for his son because he may just learn from his fathers example and end up just like him....

What a disgusting moron.... Making fun of an innocent little girl? No real man would ever do that...Yes, I am bringing into question his masculinity...

I agree with you Domo.... I don't do the internet tough guy role either.... But hey, I would gladly tell him exactly what I think of him....Right to his face... And I am a really easy going guy. It takes a lot to get a rise out of me....

But this... This got a rise out of me...and if I saw this man doing this...I am not sure I would be able to do anything but shove a fist down his throat...

Okay....I am calm again.... This guy...He needs help...If he thinks what he is doing is some how funny...Or appropriate in anyway... he needs professional help.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

All I know.... is we live in a F'd up world when there's fathers like this. Ruthless

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Making someone cry is not against the law, regardless of whether or not it is done with 'bad taste'. I am not condoning the actions, just stating a simple fact.

On the flipside of that, IF YOU were to actually act out the scenario that you envisioned in your mind while typing this↓statement, it would very likely be not only one, but possibly several illegal acts. Criminal Confinement, Battery, etc...

Originally posted by Domo1

I try not to internet tough guy but I would LOVE to have a few minutes unsupervised with this jackass.

Just as I always am, I'll be straight up honest right here, even though I know that many may have a problem with the following...

That was actually very tame. I was expecting it to at least be somewhat humorous, but it was not. That was nothing.

People suck. Reality sucks. Life sucks. This girl is going to have to learn that eventually, and for her own sake, the sooner she learns it, the better off she will be.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
A-Holes... the world is full of them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

On the flipside of that, IF YOU were to actually act out the scenario that you envisioned in your mind while typing this↓statement, it would very likely be not only one, but possibly several illegal acts. Criminal Confinement, Battery, etc...

I'm sure I don't know what you mean.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Typical, they deserve a good old fashion shunning.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
If someone has issues with the disabled, fine.... It's a free country and having a son with high autism has required dealing with looks and the more subtle things. However, be a jerk in the average way 90% of the people are and just ignore them entirely....

What kind of sad, sorry piece of garbage does this or tolerates it? It's psychological cruelty that can impact these disabled people and especially the kids far beyond the one day and few minutes a hateful troll does a thing like this.

Don't even allow this..please.. Say something if you see it.. The kid will come away with a different and positive lesson about how jerks don't get to show it with pride and not be challenged for it. I think the difference really will matter to a victim in a situation like this.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
To open the doors with that behavior permits consciousness energy through them in BOTH DIRECTIONS. He has induced his own future and his own fate. Today it is radiation as output, but with the tuned resonance acting as an antenna, it also is a receiving facility.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join