It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Men Banned for Life from All-You-Can-Eat Buffet...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Golden Corral becomes a microcosm of America and an effective and total allegory for the entire right versus left paradigm - and all it took was two fat guys and a greedy manager to make it happen.

God I love life so much!

( BTW - his profit model is built to withstand way more than two abusers. I know, for example that, for some reason, just the words "all you can eat" somehow end up making me eat less than I would otherwise. So for every abuser, there is an offset. Oh, and that means that in this situation, I AM THE REPUBLICAN! )

~Heff
edit on 10/5/12 by Hefficide because: kind of typos tonight

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I know, for example that, for some reason, just the words "all you can eat" somehow end up making me eat less than I would otherwise
I get where your coming from there, it can put some people off
I think some places put overweight wart hogs of ladies on show to top up the buffet too, to add to the loss of ones appetite.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I live in the South...Ga Mountains. All you can eat buffets are all over the place out here. They have set hours for the buffet *special*. I call them the all you can eat troughs. They could do a reality show in some of these places. I've seen people pull out their dentures and suck their way through a whole plate of slops. Deliverance meets pulled pork....

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Plus

Equals

Forget the Mayans and Nostradamus... I think ATS has figured out the whole apocalypse thing.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I need to remember to grab a depends before I read some of your posts........

Des

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I can't believe everyone is so one sided on this matter.. by the sounds of it, these guys were really abusing the system and being rude to the other customers.. the restaurant has a right to ban someone who is behaving badly

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixrising10
I can't believe everyone is so one sided on this matter.. by the sounds of it, these guys were really abusing the system and being rude to the other customers.. the restaurant has a right to ban someone who is behaving badly

They were using the system the owner advertised. Not abusing.

No one said they were rude to customers...at all.

Peace

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I can't believe everyone is so one sided on this matter.. by the sounds of it, these guys were really abusing the system

The owners were abusing the system "they put together; "eat all you want".

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
The idea of owner as victim, to anyone from a business based background is contrary. Buffets flourish on very inexpensive foods with a few "premium" items as entree's. They focus on heavy, filling, cheap foodstuffs like bread, desserts, creamy sauces, etc. to get people to fill up on mostly the cheap items. Some people are wiser and show up on steak night and eat nothing BUT steak. But most want a salad (cheap ) followed by veggies, bread, a side item or three, and some of the premium item. Then most hit the dessert bar.

Buffets charge more, up front, than a place serving equal quality food, but without the all you can et stigma. But, in reality - most folks go to the buffet and eat pretty much the same amount they'd eat at a non buffet. Thus the buffet owner is already ahead of the game. To whine about a few hearty eaters who "abuse" the term "all you can eat " and notice the sign isn't ( All I think you should be able to eat - within reason ) is absurd, greedy, and dishonest.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Peace

Yes they did, cutting in front of someone in a buffet line is rude

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
The owner should just change the sign to all you can eat - within reason

I find it very difficult to side with the two fat pigs that have been systematically driving this guy out of business

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   

The owner should just change the sign to all you can eat - within reason

I find it very difficult to side with the two fat pigs that have been systematically driving this guy out of business
The owner has been systematically driving the wrong advertisement, it's his own fault.. sir/mam..
"If he's that worried then he needs to make systematic changes to it pronto .

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Peace

The article doesn't say they cut in front of anyone. And I find it hard to believe that they were able to eat all the food they set out before anyone else was able to get any. These guys should sue the place for false advertisement.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
i bet they were just pigs and wasting food.

they'd fill a whole bowl with ribs take a nibble and leave it.

come back with noodles, take a mouthful and disregard.

its called all you can eat, not all you can waste.

no you've got it all wrong...

I bet they clogged the toilets and did needle drugs and hookers in the bathroom stalls.

Get all full at home before they come, and then unload massive dumps in their toilets, clogging them so bad they had to hire a professional plumber to be on site every day to fix it.

Probably even had the cleaning schedule memorized so they show up right after the owner, Mr. Tidywad spent an hour shining the porcelain and floors to perfection, and by the time they came stumbling from taking their dumps, playing arm darts, and bangin the hookers, the whole bathroom looked like the scene of a crime, with blood splattered all over the walls, mirrors and ceiling from shooting up their drugs, semen all over the toilet seats and toilet paper rolls, and an inch of brown tinted toilet water on the floor...

The worst part was they never ordered any food... just paid 5 cents each for a little to-go container of ketchup, legally giving them the right to use the restroom under Massachusetts State Law.

After two years of that, the owner just snapped... which is perfectly understandable.

It's called "all you can eat", not "all you can get wasted"!

Yep, that's probably what happened. I know I wasn't there or anything...but, it just makes sense in my mind... I mean, I could just see that happening. Couldn't you? I've worked in a restaurant before so I know what I'm talking about! People do this kind of stuff all the time!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I side with the two customers on this issue.

Obviously the owner is accusing them of being greedy while he in return is being greedy....If a sign is placed saying 'all you can eat' then they are within their right to do so..if he is concerned about how long they stay.....then he should put up time limits.....but if they ever got busted smuggling food out.....well thats a deal breaker.....out they go.

However this article seems more slanted to the customers perspective....it would of helped if the owner chimed in....and if the owner has an issue....well he can ban anyone he wants...I feel that no one would ban loyal customers over petty issues...they must of done something really bad....but based on what little information we have.....I side with the customers until the owners side is heard...jmho.
edit on 5-10-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I only saw one person really pick up on this the way I did....

"Basically they just come in and pig out. We have put up with them for two years but I've had enough. They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."

...but it does seem they were rude to others and a general pain in the collective butt. I've definitely been to a couple Chinese places over the years where I swear the manager is back there punching numbers on a calculator for each morsel he can spy going off their meagerly stocked buffet. One fortune cookie at a time....

This didn't sound like that though? I've also been to Golden Corral and a couple other places and had the experience of grown adults charging the friggen feed line like they were carrying the winning pass for the Superbowl or something. Fresh (insert whatever dish) just got put out and they *HAD* to get theirs and screw everyone else, anywhere near by. ...more than one I've been half tempted to help the momentum with just a tiny bit of artificial lift as they come in for a landing at the buffet and see what happens. Pigs landing in the salad might be a humorous way to break up the day.

Point being... the article does mention they were jerks, it seems....and if they're like what I've seen, 2 years of tolerance was about 23 months longer than the other customers probably figured they deserved, IMO.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yes that's from the original paper - sorry I haven't figured out how to make the quote get framed like that but here's the linkwww.telegraph.co.uk...

After 2 yrs I'm sure they knew these men very well. If they kept beating others to the hot food right after it gets put out then I'm guessing other patrons must have been bothered by it.

I just see it as the last straw.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Peace

The article doesn't say they cut in front of anyone. And I find it hard to believe that they were able to eat all the food they set out before anyone else was able to get any. These guys should sue the place for false advertisement.

yes in the original newspaper story is tells of their behavior.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Personally wouldn't go anywhere that was "all you can eat" the kids and friends go here and from what I understand the way they do things.. choose your food, then queue to get it cooked is a pain in behind, I can not imagine doing that more than once let alone a half dozen times..
edit on 5/10/12 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

So are you saying you think it had more to do with their behavior or was the owner at fault?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join