It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two Men Banned for Life from All-You-Can-Eat Buffet...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by denver22

Dude!

What the hell kind of restaurants do you frequent???

i was ready to dip his head in honey and eat it..

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
I'm waiting for the post...

"You go home!. You been here eight hours!"

Wait for it...

It'll come by any second now.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Dude!

Peace

LMAO it's an english slang word for dont fu*k with me your going to get your head
seperated from your shoulders ears bitten off etc.

edit on 4-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."

from the paper that ran the story www.telegraph.co.uk... * check the pic of these guys here.

I've seen people do this at a Chinese buffet. Some people want to be the first to pounce on the food as soon as it comes out. It is quite rude to do that when there are a number of other patrons waiting also.

2nd " Diners are told they can request meals "as many times as you wish" for £12."

So I don't know if it is an advertised "all you can eat" but one that just lets you without having it plastered all over the place.
edit on 10/4/2012 by obnoxiouschick because: mention pic of guys

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22

Dude!

Peace

LMAO it's an english slang word for dont fu*k with me your going to get your head
seperated from your shoulders ears bitten off etc.

edit on 4-10-2012 by denver22 because: (no reason given)

One language and yet so far apart...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The manager is completely in the wrong. You don't open a buffet restaurant and then refuse customers who show up for all they can eat. If that is the case, then you open an ala carte restaurant where customers pay as they go. A third solution is to open the place as a "Semi-buffet" where customers are given three or four bowls/plates/whatever and allowed to return only if they have unused plates left, but there must be a sign, and customers should be forewarned about the rules.

The manager in this case made the wrong decision, and if I were a patron, I would not eat there again until he publicly apologizes to the two men and decides to either keep the restaurant as a buffet (unlimited servings), ala carte (pay for what your order) or establishes a serving limit policy that applies to everyone (semi-buffet). However, in my opinion, he has lost face for his rude confrontation that defied his own restaurant's buffet.

He is the bafoon of the buffet.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No offence but... why is this ATS worthy? There seems to be a constant decline in the quality fo ATS threads lately, sadly, and though i usually like your threads jude, this one is way down there on the scale for ATS worthiness...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
reply to post by jude11

"They are in such a hurry to beat everyone to the food they spoil everything. We are supposed to be a buffet but they eat everything out of the bowls before people can get there. We just can't keep doing this."

from the paper that ran the story www.telegraph.co.uk...

I've seen people do this at a Chinese buffet. Some people want to be the first to pounce on the food as soon as it comes out. It is quite rude to do that when there are a number of other patrons waiting also.

2nd " Diners are told they can request meals "as many times as you wish" for £12."

So I don't know if it is an advertised "all you can eat" but one that just lets you without having it plastered all over the place.

The words "Buffet" and "as many times as you wish" would make it "All-You-Can-Eat" in my understanding.

And yes, they might have been uncouth in their approach. That's why I would have suggested a conversation between the owner and the customers.

The owner just took the wrong approach and without using his head will end up losing a lot of business.

I don't know about the false advertising possibility but if it is...ouch!

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by jude11

No offence but... why is this ATS worthy? There seems to be a constant decline in the quality fo ATS threads lately, sadly, and though i usually like your threads jude, this one is way down there on the scale for ATS worthiness...

ATS is like a (wait for it!)... Well-stocked BUFFET. Hey, it might be your cup of tea, but there are other people here with other preferences, and sometimes a story that is off-the-beaten-path is refreshing. This story contains an indignity and a powerful social issue. Hey, if you don't like it, don't read it. No one forced you to look, read and reply, right? This is meant in the nicest way: if you don't like green tea ice cream, then don't eat green tea ice cream; further, I would recommend NOT walking up to people eating green tea ice cream, look perplexed and ask why green tea ice cream is "worthy." "Worthy" is different for different people.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by jude11

I had to star you for that...

But I see it differently on this thread.

1. It was unfair treatment of 2 people by a small business owner. If it was Chef Ramsey's restaurant or McDonalds even, it would be front page news on the MSM and probably have 14 threads here on ATS in minutes.

2. It's Human Interest.

3. Possible lawsuit

4. Just a little bit ridiculous...enough to spark a small but interesting conversation.

5. My personal interest in how others see the situation and what their opinions are. We don't always have to be about Doom and Gloom and personally I am weary of the elections right now as well.

6. I'm in the food business so it interests me.

That's it...

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Wait a minute... these guys have been going there for a couple of years, apparently doing the same thing, and the owner just now got pissed about it?

I suspect there is something else stuck in that guy's craw that he's not talking about.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
What could they possibly charge you with ??

Buffet Bandit?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni
Wait a minute... these guys have been going there for a couple of years, apparently doing the same thing, and the owner just now got pissed about it?

I suspect there is something else stuck in that guy's craw that he's not talking about.

Maybe he's already going down the tubes from crappy PR and he gets on the case of 2 guys who eat more than usual?

Or personal issues that day?

Just a guess.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT

Originally posted by blackmetalmist
What could they possibly charge you with ??

Buffet Bandit?

Trying to show off in front of the lady are we?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I'd definately sue.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

"I heard down china town one of your shops got shut down, 'ahh so i hear you say'
Something to do with all them cats going missing down near china-town
To be used in your shops buffet

I allways new there was something sinister going on, what is it they say

"Suspicion is often the father of truth" I had a "GUT" feeling about it...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by N3k9Ni

Maybe he's already going down the tubes from crappy PR and he gets on the case of 2 guys who eat more than usual?

Or personal issues that day?

Just a guess.

Peace

It could also be that the owner spoke up because the other patrons complained over time?
I just try to see all aspects and not just the one presented by the press.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
I'd definately sue.

I would go back and ask for an explanation, an apology and maybe a free buffet ticket before jumping to sue.

We all have a bad day and maybe his mother or his dog just passed or something.

If he's not willing to at least do this, then sue by all means.

Peace

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by denver22
reply to post by The GUT

"I heard down china town one of your shops got shut down, 'ahh so i hear you say'
Something to do with all them cats going missing down near china-town
To be used in your shops buffet

I allways new there was something sinister going on, what is it they say

"Suspicion is often the father of truth" I had a "GUT" feeling about it...

"Hello Kitty" isn't a pop-toy sensation where I live. But, some ancient secret cannot be revealed. Honorable ancestor say: "Cat got my tongue."

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

We all have a bad day and maybe his mother or his dog just passed or something.
Or his cat got stolen and put in a plastic bin liner and taken down china - town
just kidding ..

In all seriousness i would give him a choice either change your slogan let us back in
or face justice...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join