It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Screw it. I'm selling my soul to showbusiness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I can't start a small business because I don't have any collateral or a job that's earning me an income so I can finance through a bank. So no need from me to write up a complex business plan.

If you're in the same boat as me, then listen up and follow a born leader.

I think I'm leaning toward showbusiness from here on out.

How?

I plan on being a reality show pitcher, coming up with reality show ideas. I have this great idea for a reality show that may be partially scripted.

I know all I need is some sort of agent or an entertainment lawyer. I'm familiar with how to get a lawyer. So it would be an entertainment lawyer I'd get for myself to shop my pitch to the networks.

My reality show idea is a show where one person (a male) in each episode got to try overly hard not to come off as a homo. This means if they go grocery shopping, and are at the end of a long line, and are called to the next checkout isle by some male that says something like, "I can take you over here," then they got to ignore that guy the best they can and not go get in that isle for checkout, because it sounded gay in what was said by that guy. lol!!! See where this is going? Think a reality show like this would make it to a network? Why or why not? I need your input. Would you watch a show called "No Homo," because that is the name I might give it?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And the big challenge in the final episode is the few surviving contestants are given the challenge of repairing a condom vending machine in the toilets of a gay bar.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

No...this is not your destiny..nor your path in life. You should find another avenue to fulfill your financial needs.

Something like construction, or landscaping. Where you have the possibility of kinda being your own boss.

jmoho....Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Here you go buddy

marineparade.net...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
Here you go buddy

marineparade.net...

What The FRAK!
Second line
As you were
Sawgunn

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
Here you go buddy

marineparade.net...

I aint even gonna be tempted to click that link.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

it aint anyting bad its a company that buy soul's lol here's a screenshot of the homepage.

edit on 4-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
the formula is simple, your show will not work for a number of reasons..

You haven't thought out a reward process or meaningful motivation for the characters, saying its for them to not be homosexual is going to land you in tons of water on any network except MTV and i think even they would have a hard time isolating their Gay/Lesbian viewers.

Executive producers are mostly drug addicts, alcoholics, have no sense of humor, see everything in numbers, and have a very good memory of what does and does not work, as in good luck convincing them to try anything new except of course if you follow these guidelines..

Are there 3 or more major demographics that will show interest in the program?
Will your show single out and or offend any particular demographic?
What is your estimated budget?
And last but not least can it be rerun?

And finally you always want to find a few things that are like your show, you know like...

Jersey shore meets Will and Grace..
Spartacus meets queer as folk..
Sons of Anarchy meets real world meets Ellen Degeneres

Its about the money, your ideas have to fit whats in and assure a producer $$$$

Creating Ideas and art for the sole purpose of Material Gain is in fact selling your soul, and that's the first step to show-business!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
that sounds like a terrible idea for a show.

therefore you just may get rich

new topics

top topics

join