It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Death is real then are we Fake!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

This thread was not made to be a place to profess your beliefs, but to take a scenario into account and ponder the ramifications of it. Either your reading comprehension needs major work, as I've repeated myself now, or you're an odd kind of troll.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

This thread was not made to be a place to profess your beliefs, but to take a scenario into account and ponder the ramifications of it. Either your reading comprehension needs major work, as I've repeated myself now, or you're an odd kind of troll.

I cannot ponder something that has no meaning, perhaps you are correct, and I should vacate this thread.

It is nothing personal against the OP, you seem to do plenty well speaking for them yourself.
OP
s&f just for entertaining my mind for a few.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
If we go by Moore's law, we're not far off from creating and interacting with a complete, self-aware artificial conciousness. Now, if we smash the artificial conciousness' cpu (no backup made), can we promise it an afterlife?
As far as evidence points to, our brains are meat cpu's, hardrive and all but with no personal memory backup. How is it that we believe an afterlife is possible?

Our emotions and personalities are but software, simple environmental input data, firing of synapses and supporting hardware such as dopamine, serotonin, etc. If your brain is damaged and you become deranged, will you be normal again after its destruction, in other words- death? If the computer crashes, will its unbacked data be ok after you smash it to useless junk with a hammer? If a mentally retarded person dies, or an amputee, will they be whole again (mentally and physically) in the afterlife?

Is death the ultimate blue screen, the red ring on your xbox?

At my 34 years of age, I'm seriously considering investing in cryogenic freezing. It's very probable my mind will change in 30 years. For the meantime, though, Im giving it serious thought.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Then your closed mind shouldn't even be on a forum where most of the topics are speculative then, no? To say it has no meaning is quite demeaning. You'd probably become very good friends with the religious nuts in the bible belt. They hold their beliefs on a very high pedestal like yourself.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

I was trying to understand, but you seem to have pretty much made my decision for me now haven't you,
kind of like how you just took over the OP, and started to speak for them.
I even stated that I might be misunderstanding, you made it plenty clear that I was.
Even after I asked for an explanation.

I was in no way trying to insult the op,
nor would I push myself on anyone.

If I did not find the original post interesting, I would of left it alone.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
If Death is real and absolute with no comeback, and no reincarnation. Then in comparision is the life of a person like a transistory moment that expires not long after its initiation. Doesnt that by definition make us all Fake, as we are like smoke puffs gone soon after created.

If that is indeed the case, it sounds like life is more precious than the majority think.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NiNjABackflip

If Death is real and absolute with no comeback, and no reincarnation. Then in comparision is the life of a person like a transistory moment that expires not long after its initiation. Doesnt that by definition make us all Fake, as we are like smoke puffs gone soon after created.

If that is indeed the case, it sounds like life is more precious than the majority think.

I love this answer!

Perhaps that was the point of the OP?

If so, I like it! If not, I like your answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Perhaps that was the point of the OP?

Yes im glad someone picked up on this.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You are absolutely correct. If death is eternal without any afterlife or reincarnation - then yes, we are like an image which quickly comes in and fades away.

Any disagreement would just be people arguing from their emotions...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thats ok i want yout to argue from your emotions. We cant be robots in life.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Death is a transformation...

I believe in reincarnation.

Nothing is fake, its experience.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Death is a doorway into paradise.

That's all you should be able to tell.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Well, one can really not be certain of such a thing, as death means the end of your conscious thought. So, you can't go there in any other form, stay, and come back, to describe what it is like. There are those who have near death experiences, but if you are a skeptic you won't believe in that.

Do you believe in reincarnation? I do, as I had experiences as a child with remembering past lives, and I simply know it to be true, and real. I have had other experiences, as well, as an adult. So, no, it is my belief that death is not eternal. We are the energy of the universe, and continue on, and on. How, and why, I cannot tell you...I am not privy to such things. But, I have rememberances of past lives, and believe in life after death.

Take it for what you will, I am only one person. And, you don't even know me, or even know if I am telling you the truth. I can only tell you that I am telling the truth. Do not fear death, for life is a constant cycle of death and rebirth, and that is a beautiful thing to ponder. That life, and energy, is eternal.
edit on 5-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This would only be true if there were no time or consciousness. Because we are aware, we exist. Descartes did away with your argument in 1637. "Je pense, donc je suis." Cogito ergo sum. I think, therefore I am.

The's no such thing as the future and the past does not exist anymore. Because we experience life as a series of self-aware nows, the truth is that we spend a lot of energy worrying about a single moment amongst thousands, millions of other moments in which we are not dead.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

The's no such thing as the future and the past does not exist anymore. Because we experience life as a series of self-aware nows, the truth is that we spend a lot of energy worrying about a single moment amongst thousands, millions of other moments in which we are not dead.

What reality is, and the way you experience reality are two seperate things.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Pondering.....Still pondering, and pondering some more. Make take some time...lol, sorry I am in a weird mood

reply to post by Starwise

Weird moods work for me

And blondes in witches outfits? Do they work for you too?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Do you believe in reincarnation? I do, as I had experiences as a child with remembering past lives, and I simply know it to be true, and real. I have had other experiences, as well, as an adult. So, no, it is my belief that death is not eternal. We are the energy of the universe, and continue on, and on. How, and why, I cannot tell you...I am not privy to such things. But, I have rememberances of past lives, and believe in life after death

Reincarnation. I cant say one way or other is this true. I dont even know what it really means. Speaking in absolutes saying this is true is precarious when its an experienced based thing, you have to experience it first hand to know and even then who knows for sure. You have a passion belief in reincarnation which stands out in your reply and i admire that.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I understand that, one can know, but cannot make someone else know, they have to know for themselves, before they will truly know....ya know?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Death is just a part of life, and therefore life swallowed death whole.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Life hasn't ended once. It has persisted since it first started and will continue to persist until chaos states otherwise. Therefore, there is no death, no afterlife, or other such paradoxes.

edit on 5-10-2012 by NiNjABackflip because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join