It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Death is real then are we Fake!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If Death is real and absolute with no comeback, and no reincarnation. Then in comparision is the life of a person like a transistory moment that expires not long after its initiation. Doesnt that by definition make us all Fake, as we are like smoke puffs gone soon after created.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

If death is absolute then no it does not mean that any life is "fake." However life is, in the grand scheme of things simple, quick flashes that begin and end quickly. Which is why all life, and all people should be respected.... because every moment is precious. Every moment on our "pale blue dot."

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
no...

we are real, maybe a blip on the radar screen of the universe, but very real.

and who says theres nothing after death? whos been there and back to tell?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Pondering.....Still pondering, and pondering some more. Make take some time...lol, sorry I am in a weird mood

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well... I don't see why there couldn't be an afterlife or reincarnation. But, if death was real and there was no afterlife, that would be pretty conclusive evidence that the eternal soul as we know it doesn't exist, right?
edit on 4-10-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Pondering.....Still pondering, and pondering some more. Make take some time...lol, sorry I am in a weird mood

reply to post by Starwise

Weird moods work for me

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Life has always been here with us, we know it, we experience it, we are living. None of us have experienced death, none of us know death, so what is this death you speak of?

Put on a Mos Def track, close your eyes, let the poetry take over all of your thoughts.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Your premises do not support the conclusion that all people are fake. Just ignore anyone who posts about how you know life ends at death, because they obviously do not understand what this thread is about. Anyway, life would be fleeting, but people would not be "fake." You probably should have chosen a better descriptive word for your argument as well, as the definition of "fake" can change. My conclusion is based on the idea that fake is basically defined as "not real," and since life, although short, does exist, people are not fake.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Death is simply a transition from one type of awareness and existence into another.
It is very real, and so are we.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Is the may fly that lives but a day an illusion? It all comes down to perspective...a single celled organism that lives for an hour still existed, and surely left its mark.
edit on 4-10-2012 by finitedualities because: grammar happened.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

What does that have to do with OP's query?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

What does that have to do with OP's query?

"If Death is real then are we Fake!"

It makes no sense to me.

I stated what I understand death to be.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Then you chose to lead the topic astray, no offense. I'm sure it wasn't your intent.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   

If that makes life fake, then death is fake as well, because people continue to be born just as often as people are dying.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FidelityMusic
Life has always been here with us, we know it, we experience it, we are living. None of us have experienced death, none of us know death, so what is this death you speak of?

Put on a Mos Def track, close your eyes, let the poetry take over all of your thoughts.

Pushed play...

Closed my eyes...

"Poetry" flowed...

Soon wished for true, absolute death...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Not really, because I do not see death as the OP does, does not mean I am leading this thread astray.
Just a different view, which is what is going to happen when someone says there is no reincarnation and that we are just puffs of smoke that go out never to return. I know this to be not true. So I have a different view than the OP.
The OPs question is a pondering of existence.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

OP gave a scenario, and for us to discuss the possibilities of reality should said scenario be true. Its not "rocket surgery".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by finitedualities

Honestly, if the OPs post was true, then there would be no discussion of it.
It would just be one view, to discuss, without any true meaning to it.
Perhaps I am not understanding,
but it seemed pretty straight forward.

So you are saying that outside opinions on this are not welcomed? I am just trying to get where YOU are coming from on this matter.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but it's obvious you don't get it, and it's rather pointless to continue.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by finitedualities

I'm sorry, but it's obvious you don't get it, and it's rather pointless to continue.

Interesting,
Thanks for your reply!

If I don't get it, then explain it to me so I do please.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join