It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are Legion: The Story of the Hacktivists Anonymous DOC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Greets ATS. I was not sure where this would be appropriate to post so here goes. Being a staunch critic/protester/activist against the Church of Scientology from/part of the inception of chanology watching Anonymous evolve in to what it is today I thought i would share this documentary with you ATS. I hope it will educate some who have difficulty understanding the simplicity behind the idea. I thought the film did a decent job, it did not capture all of our LULZ that were had but it does illustrate Anon's origins and meaning today. There is a lot of confusion and ignorance on behalf of the media and common person when it comes to Anonymous . Many myths rumors and rumors of rumors seemingly never ending afoot in regards to the collective. From being a secret CIAprogram to set up more internet restrictions as has been discussed here hence disinformation to my disgust even mere propaganda to being a small organized group of elite haxorz with a leadership assumption even thousands of 12 year old's pinging servers with a refresh button as well, these things are a logical fallacy. Anonymous means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. It is not something that can be controlled or corrupted. A internet sub culture and a monster. Anonymous is an idea and ideas are bullet proof. 5 years strong!

Enjoy

- some old dude
edit on 4-10-2012 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
And don't you just love how this unelected group decides what is right and wrong for the rest of us.

Anon are nothing more than spoiled children (even the 40 somethings) who try to impose their will upon the world.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr
And don't you just love how this unelected group decides what is right and wrong for the rest of us.

Anon are nothing more than spoiled children (even the 40 somethings) who try to impose their will upon the world.

So you are categorizing a bunch of individuals having the same mindset ? So all these people come from the same back ground and life style? This is an ignorant statement. This is the typical stereotype I see coming from those wanting more of the same. Dare not go against the grain? People taking the initiative in wanting to make a change are spoiled children? Funny you say that, its spoiled children that are complacent with what they have. Spoiled children think about themselves. This is quite the opposite of Anonymous. Anon is rocking the boat oh noes!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

post by nightbringr

Maybe so but I feel they are less dangerous and more trustworthy than the spoiled children that get elected every four or five (dependent on country) years and impose their bought and paid for will on the world .
At least Anon are standing up for what they believe is right , and in general I agree with them .... Viva la revolution .

edit on 4-10-2012 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
headaache from reading OP.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthFazer

Always been on the fence about anon, I need more input...
Thanks for posting the vid

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dizrael
headaache from reading OP.

If colors give you a headache you should seek a doctor for that

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthFazer

So you are categorizing a bunch of individuals having the same mindset ?

No. Im sure some of these people have very much the same mindset as me. Those people i agree with. Some people will have a very different mindset than me. Those people i disagree with. What i do take exception to however is the fact these people have decided what is best for us all as a whole.

A perfect example is Anons threat to wipe all personal Greek debt about a year ago in retaliation for Greek austerity measures. Now, does Anon claim to be accountants or finance experts? Im sure some members are, but they obviously were not in charge of this campaign, or they would understand the huge mistake that would be. That act would have hurt the Greek people much more than helped. But yeah, what do i know right? Anon should make the decisions for all of us.

So all these people come from the same back ground and life style?

Putting words in my mouth. I never said that.

People taking the initiative in wanting to make a change are spoiled children?

One single group of people unilaterally deciding what is best for us all is ignorant, childish and pathetic. I expect this from TPTB, not from people supposedly trying to help. Yes, it makes them spoiled children. I did not elect these children, i dont want them interfereing. I am directly involved in lobbying my local and federal government for changes i feel necissary. I dont ram my choices and opinions down peoples throats.

Funny you say that, its spoiled children that are complacent with what they have. Spoiled children think about themselves. This is quite the opposite of Anonymous. Anon is rocking the boat oh noes!

They certainly arent thinking about me. Im quite capable of looking after myself, thank you.

edit on 4-10-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

The same can be said about the members of ATS we are all fringe conspiracy theorists, I did not put words in your mouth I am just saying you called Anon a bunch of spoiled brats hence stamping a label on thousands of Anonymous people online from around the globe. How do you label/identify someone whom is in anonymity?

That was what you stated correct?

Sabu for example lived in the Manhattan housing project, he wasn't a spoiled starbucks going rich spoiled brat that you may have been led to believe. A self taught hacker that exploited corporations, government alphabet agencies ect. Nobody would have expected he would have been a from a poor neighborhood or even a minority. Why is that? Because of stereotypes.

As far as looking out for yourself that is your own duty, however we the people can and will fight back if need be. If it so happens to be against your government and fighting a bill like the NDAA and we have our way can you complain? What have you ever lost due to the actions of Anonymous? Then ask yourself what have you lost at the hands of your government? Who is the big bad wolf? It's not rocket science.

You should watch the doc you might learn something

I would appreciate your input after doing so.. if you have the time.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Anon is a bunch of script kiddies on a power trip, they download simple programs that allow for point and click DDoSing. Their launch into the spotlight was brough on by attacking a small religious group for no reason and when you look at the big picture the CoS is actually the most harmless out of all of them.
Since then they have been willing to take credit for the actions of real hackers like the good people at a telecomix, blue cabinet and data love. Nobody really cares because retarded script kiddies will always try to take credit and like most retards, will take the fall. Why do you think so many members of anonymous have been arrested while other real hacking groups seem to get away with everything? Because all one has to do is hop in IRC and tell anonymous what "we" are doing. Anonymous gets played like a fiddle regularly and why they sport the mask of the epic fail guy.
edit on 5-10-2012 by GeorgeTorwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeTorwell

U MAD BRO?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

I think you are missing the point here. Its called hactivism a branch of activism. These are act of mass civil disobedience and they help to shape our societies for future generations.

Do you think that the US would exist today if it was not for civil disobedience. How about the Suffragettes movement in the UK. Do you think women would have the vote if women where not willing to stand up and be arrested for what they belief in..

Have you ever been arrested for something you belief in. It is an empowering act...

new topics

top topics

join