It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Gas Stations Begin to Shut on Record-High Prices

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
California Gas Stations Begin to Shut on Record-High Prices

This looks like a big problem in the Los Angeles area.

"Shortages" always cause price increases.

I wonder if these particular "shortages" are fabricated ?

Fear always fuels profit ..............

Gasoline station owners in the Los Angeles area including Costco Wholesale Corp. (COST) are beginning to shut pumps because of supply shortages that have driven wholesale fuel prices to record highs.

Costco’s outlet in Simi Valley, 40 miles (64 kilometers) northwest of Los Angeles, ran out of regular gasoline yesterday and was selling premium fuel at the price of regular, Jeff Cole, Costco’s vice president of gasoline, said by telephone. The company hasn’t been able to find enough unbranded summer-grade gasoline to keep its stations supplied, he said.
Enlarge image California Gas Stations Begin to Shut on Record-High Spot Prices

The gasoline shortage “feels like a hurricane to me, but it’s the West Coast,” Cole said yesterday. “We’re obviously extremely disheartened that we are unable to do this, and we’re pulling fuel from all corners of California to fix this.” ...

Who gets rich this time ?

Who's "Fault" is it this time ?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Of course these shortages are fabricated. America is producing more oil and gas than ever. They create these shortages to make more money.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have heard one excuse after another about why gas prices stay so high. I am getting tired of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Time for all state AG's to get together and put big oil's feet to the fire for price gouging.
Because they could lower prices but choose not to over bigger profits.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Every day I watch the 2 gas stations across from my Business raise and lower their price's,EVERY DAY!..I'd swear they all get together and plan this! Oh an they always raise em just in time for rush hour!

As you were
Sawgunn

edit on 4-10-2012 by sawgunn69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
My wife and I just moved from So CA, in part because of things like the gas prices.

Moved to an area with good public transportation, and made sure our house was a block form the nearest station, just so we wouldnt be a slave to the car and gas prices anymore.

Been a month of taking the MAX and I gotta say its worth the extra commute not to deal with the BS of gas prices.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ain't that the way it awlways works...

as soon a September ends... which is the last month of the CPI-W data which determines any COLA (cost-of-living-increase) then all hell breaks loose...

'it's as if there are gov't manipulators going around influencing markets & futures, like food and gas/energy prices to the masses...

but that would be CT wouldn't it

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Just a while back, here in MI, the gas prices jump to 3.98 in our area. The local news actually had an "expert" on and he actually said, There is no reason for the increase, there is one company here in Mid Michigan that sets their prices, and the rest just follow.

Needless to say my jaw dropped, that someone admitted that on television.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I used to be a manager at a truck stop off I-70 in Cloverdale Indiana, they do all get together to charge the most possible. I know this to be a fact, because we had to call the stations 2 exits east towards Indianapolis, and the stations 2 exits west towards Terre Haute.

In this way, all the station owners were able to charge the maximum price, without fear of losing customers to the next 4 exits.

I always assumed that all the stations were doing this, in order to maintain maximum profits, with minimal risk of anyone pricing too low and stealing all the customers.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by xuenchen

Time for all state AG's to get together and put big oil's feet to the fire for price gouging.
Because they could lower prices but choose not to over bigger profits.

They tried to investigate gouging in 2008 at the federal level when gas was over $5

The Republicans shot it down and defunded the investigation

Now that all the idiots have forgotten how the GOP really rolls, sky's the limit for those companies

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Try living in Canada, you guys got it good compared to us. Our dollar is worth more yet we pay more for everything.Bieng the little guy kinda sucks.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Putyournamehere
Try living in Canada, you guys got it good compared to us. Our dollar is worth more yet we pay more for everything.Bieng the little guy kinda sucks.

Well we invested in taking over, I mean liberating the most most oil rich region in the world.

Since then prices have tripled

Some fakkking investment that was

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
That's why I take the bus.Let someone else worry about the traffic too. Lol.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I knew I must have been trippin' out because I stopped at the gas station and told the clerk to give me $20.

When I return to the pump, I decided to use regular instead of plus to save a cent or two.

While I was pumping, I notice it was $4.45 a gallon when it was $4.05 two freaking days ago? This is the Central Valley we're talking about here and I know L.A. is worse.

I couldn't believe this bull has happen. What in the heck is going on?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

They tried to investigate gouging in 2008 at the federal level when gas was over $5

Is there any stories about that ?

Interesting if you can show how and who were behind a "defunding".....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

They need to raise prices so that they can secretly stockpile for their up coming war. Didn't you hear about the Turkey and Syria false flag?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I knew I must have been trippin' out because I stopped at the gas station and told the clerk to give me $20.

When I return to the pump, I decided to use regular instead of plus to save a cent or two.

While I was pumping, I notice it was $4.45 a gallon when it was $4.05 two freaking days ago? This is the Central Valley we're talking about here and I know L.A. is worse.

I couldn't believe this bull has happen. What in the heck is going on?

They are screwing us because we cannot do anything about it, we need gas and they have no
opposition to making more money.
edit on 4-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Is there any stories about that ?

Interesting if you can show how and who were behind a "defunding".....

Not that it would matter one thin dime to you...

Just pretend you didn't see it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 4-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
When the price started to drop from 3.98 per gallon to 3.95 it was a big news story. They said that gas dropped 5/10ths of a cent overnight. :-( It's now holding at 3.95, some areas are 3.89. I'm in western PA.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

thanks.....

I will read the whole topic.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join