It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian attackers used USA bombs.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I came accross this video today and noticed something startling. The guys in the video are setting up a tripod to lob an American bomb over the border into Turkey.

It is speculation on my part that it was a Syrian group.

I don't know if Syria or Turkey fired the bomb. I only know that this will continue to escalate as will tensions between USA and the Syrian backers (Russia and China). That is why I think this is a false flag. I don't think Turkey did it and I don't think the Syrian Army did it. The rebels are the most likely group and if it was them they have some fine American hardware.
edit on 4-10-2012 by onecraftydude because: adding stuff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Entire weapon the middle east rebels/terrorist use are USA made/supplied weapons, and some Russian weapons.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I will come out and say it, I am a supporter of Assad and the current Syrian Regime

But, there is no evidence that these rebels are aiming the mortar or firing at turkey, its just the video title, for all we know they could be in homs near the lebanon border

I think the Syrian army did hit turkey, especially since thats where the terrorist rebels run off to when they get their behinds kicked so hard

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I would be willing to bet that the average American would be surprised at the volume of American weaponry all over the Middle Eastern countries. Most of these weapons are leftovers from the US supplying certain groups, like during the Afghan-Russian war, the US supplied some of the same men they later would fight.
Many times this materiel support is clandestine in nature as well, with the US not openly supporting groups but doing so in secret.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The missile or bomb is definitely American.

It is also newer stock having been put in service in 2004.

I was always told you know your enemy by their weapons.

I DO HOPE that these morons were not trained by Americans on how to use them though.
edit on 4-10-2012 by onecraftydude because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by onecraftydude because: forgot something

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Here is another video uploaded today that talks about who is behind this Syria fiasco.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
In this video this Syrian reporter says that the attack was a false flag operation by Turkey to get war started.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As pointed out there have long been all sorts of U.S. weapons circulating in the global arms market. And adding to the confusion are the Kurds on the Syrian/Turkish border meaning U.S.weapons could be in the region via Iraqi Kurdistan and that there are multiple factions that could be attempting to set each other up.

www.bloomberg.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
This just in from AP saying Turkey has authorized strikes against Syria.

Game on!

news.yahoo.com...

The bill opens the way for unilateral action by Turkey's armed forces inside Syria. Turkey has used a similar provision to repeatedly attack suspected Kurdish rebel positions in northern Iraq.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Those weapons are probably a part of the package of weapons delivered by USA to the rebels to destabilize Syria. Now, they lob the grenades over to Turkey. That's just brilliant. USA actually gave away the weapons that was used to attack Turkey. Who need enemies when you got allies like that?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by nidstav

I think you are right. They might also have been supplied more recently by the same people who supplied them in the first place.

This has CIA all over it and I also think it plays right into a Romney upset.

I say that as a pure nonpartisan observer. If Obama wins the election troop numbers all over the world will fall. He has given Nutenyahoo the cold shoulder and alienated Israel and their backers. This is a perfect storm scenario for the warmongers so I think they are pulling no punches trying to escalate tensions to a breaking point.

If the all out attack were to happen across the border from Turkey Iran would be pulled into the conflict as well as China and maybe Russia and of course the United States. It would cross all borders in the middle east and the gulf would be a war zone. That is precisely what the CIA has been planning for 10 years or more since Gen. Wesley Clark reported on it years ago.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by nidstav
Those weapons are probably a part of the package of weapons delivered by USA to the rebels to destabilize Syria. Now, they lob the grenades over to Turkey.

Except that the Syrian government has already apologized to the Turks for the shelling.

www.turkishweekly.net...

And do we even know who is in this youtube vid and where they are located?
edit on 4-10-2012 by DelMarvel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
If the all out attack were to happen across the border from Turkey Iran would be pulled into the conflict as well as China and maybe Russia and of course the United States.

Improbably that all that could unfold before the election but assuming it did an October surprise like that would benefit the incumbent.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I think it is a 4 deuce mortar used by the US Army. I know it is not an 81 MM mortar because it is too big. Clearly these guys don't know anything about using the mortar or even setting it up.......

I suspect the round they showed was to "sink the base plate" into the ground to stabilize it. There is no way they could have any accuracy shooting it just from what you see.....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

It would be comical if they were not trying to lob a bomb over the border.

I got the lot number and manufacturing date, but can't identify the round yet.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

It would be comical if they were not trying to lob a bomb over the border.

I got the lot number and manufacturing date, but can't identify the round yet.

Here are two pictures taken years ago. One is an 81 MM mortar we shot.... The other is a 4 duce mortar... My friend Herman hall of Toronto, OH took these pictures when we went to Fort Sherman for Jungle Warfare Training.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Just because the Syrians have apologised doesn't mean they have claimed responsibility. Imagine if they just said, "oh well Turkey, deal with it".. That wouldn't come across to well would it? They are investigating the incident and until they know what happened, we are all still wondering.

As for the video, if that is the evidence we have to prove the FSA are responsible for the attack, we are all retarded

edit on 4-10-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
How on earth do people know this movie is the mortar that fired against turkey?
for all you know is it could be from Iraq, or afghan, or Damascus...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
How on earth do people know this movie is the mortar that fired against turkey?
for all you know is it could be from Iraq, or afghan, or Damascus...

I doubt they even know who fired it but you can determine the direction where it came from by examining the crater.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

I wondered all of these things myself. It would make sense for the rebels to try to pin an attack on Syria to drag in forces from Turkey. However, I think it's equally probable though, that Syria accidentally hit Turkey aiming at retreating rebels.

Off topic: I am in love with that girl. I am rooting for whatever side she is on.
edit on 4-10-2012 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join