It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scotland - Glasgow Area - Flashes in the sky.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Evening folks,

Tonight while outside work i witnessed some strange flashes in the sky round about the Glasgow area. The best way i could describe what i saw, was like sheet lightning, but lacking any kind of storm or thunder. It's a relatively calm night here.

The flashes lit up quite a large portion of the sky, they had a certain yellow colouring to it from what i seen. I seen 4-5 flashes along with a friend and the security guard at work.

I've searched around and can't seem to find any reports of this.

Has anyone seen anything like this tonight?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
heat lightning doesnt make a sound

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Heat lightning isn't something we really experience here.

I wouldn't rule it out if it was a hot summers night though, but it's a bit on the cold side tonight :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There was a thread very similar to this the other day only a little further south, Newcastle i think (although my memory is terrible) im sure some good fellow will link you up.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyco

At this time of year the kids start letting off fireworks. Could that be a possible explanation for what you saw?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
At first i thought fireworks, but the light was too great, and it had a definitive glow from the clouds when it flashed.

I'd be quite confident in saying it wasn't fireworks. Especially with the distance, and how large the flashes were.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi there long time lurker on here, thought id sign up and join in the discussions. This post caught my eye as i live in Glasgow and experienced this lightning/flash in the sky earlier when i was out with my dog for a walk. I saw 3/4 lightning flashes lit entire sky but no sound at all, thought it was weird. Came online later and see this post so now im intrigued about it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Do you know what direction they came from?
There seems to be some storms around,like far to the south.

www.wunderground.com...,-4.251806

Or maybe you witnessed a sprite.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-10-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
The direction i saw these white flashes came from nw direction and from my view point very low in the sky. No idea what it was, as i said in earlier post thought it was lightning flash but no sounds at all!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Was it similar to this?

Thats heat lightning and I have seen it at all times of the year here in midwest,US.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
The size of the flash and how much it covered the sky is similar to what i saw in this video.

But in this video it behaves like i would expect lightning to. The flashes i saw didn't react the same way, and seemed to be a more solid flash. This of course could be because of my viewpoint and distance so it is actually entirely possible it was heat lightning.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   
and welcome to the Forums Lightworker77 :-)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think I have seen what you are trying to describe here at least three times in the past 2 months. The first I put down to lightening, but it didn't seem right. The second time was with my teenage son, in broad daylight and it was blue...no sound at all. The third time was also in daylight, much like the first.
Sorry it has nothing to do with yours, but I noticed somebody mentioned the ones up in the NE of england, and I am pretty sure somebody posted about some over Edinburgh too.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Seen a few comments about this on my Facebook people reporting seeing flashes in Kirkintilloch and Cumbernauld I am in the west end of Glasgow and nothing to report apart from the usual heavy rain

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Don't mean to sound like a skeptic, but first thing that springs to mind is maybe a spotlight for something (like a night club or event) happening in Glasgow, reflecting light off the clouds?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyco

hi there OP

im not sure what time you saw this flash, but me and the bf were driving out to pick up a friends dog last night and as we pulled into the driveway we both saw maybe 5-6 bright flashes in the sky, they were white and blue...
this must have been roughly around 8:45-9pm GMT
we're on the isle of lewis and it was in a north easterly direction - we thought it might be pylns but there isnt any out that way...

no idea what is was..!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   
We had some pretty wild thunder and lightning here in West Cumbria last night, around the same time.....is it possible you seen this? It seemed fairly high up.

West Cumbria is on the Scottish border, and we have a brilliant view of Scotland over the Solway Firth (ocean, by the North sea).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Im in Ayr and i saw it around 7:30 last night! and straight away i noticed no sounds at all! Which is what led me to keep a watch on the sky when i saw maybe another 4 flashes in the space of fifteen minutes!

It was heading out and up the coast i think!

new topics

top topics

join