It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: NHL cancels start of regular season

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here we go again...Damn!

sports.ca.msn.com...

Eight years after becoming the first North American sports league to have a season wiped out by a labour dispute, the NHL is missing meaningful games again. The league announced Thursday that it had cancelled the first two weeks of the 2012-13 schedule — wiping out 82 games through Oct. 24.

3rd time in 18 years... I miss the original 6. This never happened when hockey was hockey and players played for the passion not the money.

Guess we'll have do something else with our time...like spend time with the family or something...

Peace

edit on 4-10-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Millionaires Vs. Billionaires

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Wow a fellow hockey fan,and I thought no one cared,because of the lack of coverage and attention.
Yeah I hope this gets resovled very soon,as the last stoppage greatly impacted my support of the NHL.It took me a couple few years to get back into it.Now that my Blackhawks are have finally been properly televised and are competitive there is another stoppage.I won't get into my thoughts about the details and opinions of the lockout, but just say that this is absolutely terrible for the sport,fans, and the hard working regular joes who are now out of a job.

Well I never get fully fledged into hockey season until football is over so...

Bear down Chicago Bears

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This sucks, i was just watching hockey videos on YouTube the other night. Hearing millionaires complain about money is a little tiresome, You are getting paid to play a game!! I understand that if the owners make so much in profit it should effect player salaries but come on! I would rather see Ilitch use some of that money to get a us a new arena the Joe is pretty old and decrepit. At least there is still football.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
its a trend.

every time a labor contract is up in a sports league, its either a lockout or a strike.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Although it would NEVER happen, maybe the fans should boycott the NHL when they do get this mess sorted out... They, the owners and the players, obviously don't give a damn about the fans... If we stopped buying tickets and watching it on t.v., that might send them the message that we are far more important then they seem to believe we are... I love Hockey... But I'm sick of the current NHL... I'm done supporting it... From now on I will put my support behind local Hockey...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSouszay
Wow a fellow hockey fan,and I thought no one cared,because of the lack of coverage and attention.
Yeah I hope this gets resovled very soon,as the last stoppage greatly impacted my support of the NHL.It took me a couple few years to get back into it.Now that my Blackhawks are have finally been properly televised and are competitive there is another stoppage.I won't get into my thoughts about the details and opinions of the lockout, but just say that this is absolutely terrible for the sport,fans, and the hard working regular joes who are now out of a job.

Well I never get fully fledged into hockey season until football is over so...

Bear down Chicago Bears

I was a bigger fan when I was 6 yrs old to be honest: Boston Bruins, Chicago Black Hawks, Detroit Red Wings, Montreal Canadiens, New York Rangers, and the Toronto Maple Leafs....the original 6!

It's gone so far downhill and I blame it on the helmet rules...

Peace

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's too bad..these guys play the hardest out of all of the sports out there and they don't make nearly enough as football, baseball and basketball players at the top of their game...this sucks....

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

come on there have been some significant rule changes but there is no way your faith in hockey isn't redeemded during the playoffs....c'mon now....c'mon

edit on 6-10-2012 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Was really looking forward to this season. I'm in N,C, And the Hurricanes have a great team on paper. Excellent signings by the GM. I can'speak for my fellow hockey fans, but if the seasons cancelled. I'm done. I want come back. I would'nt have came back last time, except Carolina won the cup and all was redeemed.

This time it's a different story. Two freaking season tickets that took a load of money, for what seems like nothing. It's a money issue that us the fans suffer because of. If it was'nt for us fans, you boys would be playing on a froze pond somewhere in the wilds of Canada or Minnesota. It's us the damn fans that make the league what it is. Without fans, you don't have a league. They need to think about all that stuff, there will be tons of empty seats in arenas league wide.

Only 3 things I watch on tv. Ice Hockey ( any game) Justified & The Walking Dead. Now I'm down to two. Gonna be a long damn winter.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Someone saw the futur and knew that the Habs would have won the Stanley Cup this yrs

it would have been our 25th Cup

Mister Betman didnt want that to happen so he put the NHL in lockout
penalising everyone

GO HABS GO (even if there is no season this yrs)

edit on 10/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Fellow fan, who on the Habs is gonna score? And yea your Habs killed my Islanders run in 93. I lived in NY then. Ive hated the Habs ever since. Just kidding I don't hate anybody, but I do hate this lockout crap. Hope it ends soon and we all get our fix.
edit on 11-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
reply to post by Ben81

Fellow fan, who on the Habs is gonna score? And yea your Habs killed my Islanders run in 93. I lived in NY then. Ive hated the Habs ever since. Just kidding I don't hate anybody, but I do hate this lockout crap. Hope it ends soon and we all get our fix.
edit on 11-10-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

Eric Cole !!

hi fellow fan

you have certainly notice that our winning strike ended after 93
in 95 Mario Tremblay (coach) pissed off the King (Patrick Roy)
so Patrick Roy made sure that the Habs would NEVER win a 25th cup
he probably paid a witch to curse the team back then

I will ALWAYS remember this game below

Michel Therrien was hired back by the new GM for this season
it came so close to be Patrick in the coach seat

I would have been extremely pissed off by the present lock out
now i dont really care .. its only Michel Therrien

Patrick Roy
(Winner)

Mario Tremblay
(looser)

NHL Worst trade EVER ,, Thibault and Rucinsky LOL
for the Roy
wtf

then next yrs ..SURPRISE he won the Cup with Avalanche (Nordique - Old Quebec team)
thats the worst slap in the face he could do to the Canadien franchise

and all Habs fan (but we were so happy for him)

all habs fan watched more Colorado that yrs then their own Montreal team

he made sure to win the cup that yrs just for Mario Tremblay ahah

edit on 10/11/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Why did I know you would say Eric Cole!!! He's an awesome player. I'm glad to see him have success without Eric Stall. But you got to agree Carolina did quite well this time around signing free agents and keeping their core together. I was so pumped for the start of the season. Now I'm just freaking bummed.

And I watched that game when Roy told off the big wigs behind the bench, and said he would never play for Montreal again. They have never been the same since, how many goalies have they gone thru since? To many to count. As an American I feel privledged to have seen two teams win & skate the cup. I lived in NY in 94 and watched the Rangers win it. Moved back home that same year. The following year Hartford came I was in shock..Hockey in my state, hell for the first two years they were here it was in my home town!!!

Then watched Carolina skate it in 06. I am serious about quitting being a fan if they cancell the season. It want do the sport any good at all. It only strengthens the lesser league's.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

I really like Eric Cole yes
he prooven himself last yrs and by far
also a really good person outside the arena

apparently he have a new tatoo on his right arm

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Well folks looks like the NHL has put the deal on the table and it's up to the players union. A 50/50 split. Let's see if that get's this season going. If not it will be blamed on the players. If we don't have NHL Hockey this season. I feel it will spell doom for the NHL.

I know I want remain an ardent fan. Anybody want to buy two Carolina Hurricanes season tickets?

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
Well folks looks like the NHL has put the deal on the table and it's up to the players union. A 50/50 split. Let's see if that get's this season going. If not it will be blamed on the players. If we don't have NHL Hockey this season. I feel it will spell doom for the NHL.

I know I want remain an ardent fan. Anybody want to buy two Carolina Hurricanes season tickets?

I get the feeling that we'll be seeing an empty year as far as games go.

Peace

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

i dont expect any season at all !
thats where i am now

but Go Habs Go anyway

Greatest player of all time : THE ROCKET

I have met him once by pure coincidence when i was young near a ski resort
saw all my friends going to him signing shirt, caps and autographe on paper
but i didnt go .. didnt know him at that time and hockey for me was not very much important

few yrs later .. realise what i did

edit on 10/17/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join