It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Brits Breach Restricted Groom Lake Area

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Just curious ...

Has anyone actually been shot at Area 51?

I actually think it would be a good target to get some media coverage simply because they're probably used to people trying it on.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We could try cloaking an ATS drone to look like a Lockheed 14, fly out of Boca Raton and they would probably not notice.

www.britishairways.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The Elite the best of the best !

They were all sitting down eating their dinner watching the basketball on TV.

I am a brit and I am proud of this film crew.
they made area 51 look stupid.
well? the america people to !
all the hype you get from yanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

The only documented physical "interference" of a "tourist" is when a car brushed Norio during one of those People's Rallies.

The People's Rally is about as close at it ever got to one of those Million Man Marches on Groom Lake. The idea is you show up on the 6th day of the 6th month at 6AM. If you advertise it, you will be stuck paying fees to the BLM, getting insurance, etc. Rather you just do a post saying "I'm thinking of showing up at the front gate on June 6th at 6AM wink wink."

Even the asshat that landed a plane at Groom Lake didn't get shot. If you shoot people, there is just way too much paperwork to write up. It is just no fun.

My permanent google alert dug up this and a few others:
www.digitalspy.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Dakota WMA-3000 Wireless Motion Alert Driveway Alarm Alert Motion Sensor. The default frequency is 433.92MHz.

This is a wave file of the sound the alarm makes over a radio:
www.lazygranch.com...

More back gate info at
www.lazygranch.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Same story reported in Yesterdays Sun Newspaper.....Though as it's in "The Sun" I believe they may have made threat of "Disappearing in the desert" up...it sounds a bit toooo "Cliche" to me..

www.thesun.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Groom Lake has been quiet for over a decade. There has been talk of a facility at Dugway in Utah that has taken the place of Groom Lake's facility. It concerns me how sensitive the response at 51 is, which leads me to believe Dugway was more of a feint. What can be denied are the comments of what one man heard... What can't be denied is how sensitively the military handled the situation.

Take El Toro marine base, California, as a litmus test: Absolutely Zero response to trespassing, in fact it's being turned into a park... Yet El Toro has had its fair share of secrets... I should know, I lived there and have a lengthy military family background... (Including a grandfather who was a 4 star general Mather AFB, Sacramento Ca)

One item has stood out from the story I can't take my mind of off... DUMB Assault ATV's... Brilliant! :-)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Groom Lake has been quiet for over a decade.
reply to post by ahybrid

Uh well, except for all the new buildings at Groom and of course the mysterious triangular tower. ;-)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't think A-51 is anything but a testing facility and decoy.
The area they entered was miles from any real classified area.
Even so, a restricted base is not a place to screw around.
The guards at the base are high end rent-a-cops with no accountability to law enforcement within the reservation.
The article should have been titled "twelve nincompoops who didn't get shot."

They need to check out Dugway or Pine gap in Australia.
Even White Sands is a good place to get shot.
A-51 is a public affairs operation now.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I'm anxious to see the sources you are about to cite_
"_" is the sarcmark.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints
I don't think A-51 is anything but a testing facility and decoy.
The area they entered was miles from any real classified area.
Even so, a restricted base is not a place to screw around.
The guards at the base are high end rent-a-cops with no accountability to law enforcement within the reservation.
The article should have been titled "twelve nincompoops who didn't get shot."

They need to check out Dugway or Pine gap in Australia.
Even White Sands is a good place to get shot.
A-51 is a public affairs operation now.

The problem with it being merely a testing facility is there are many claims of EBE's actually being there, one of which Astronaut Gordon Cooper made claiming a ship landed at A51's parent facility. And I would agree, they where miles ABOVE any REAL classified area. I would also agree that this is no area to go skulking about. However, A51 and it's aura have been handled deftly by whoever handles black book affairs for the US. The slight of hand played by our intelligence agencies to make A51 appear begnign has been effective in that the place has been rendered all but mythic with an official stamp of "decommissioned". They simply forced so much content down the publics throat through media (games, tv shows, movies et al) that was so wild that it was consumed as categorically fictional, rendering any and all mythos revolving around A51 as fictional.

I believe they have continued to conduct atrocious and revolutionary work in the intrim stonewalling any judicial attempts at true disclosure along with riding societies forced disinterest through calculated disinformation tactics. The simple fact that they don't have a heavily maned rear gate implies the level of responsive technology being employed. The gaurds mere response is enough to imply sensitive material was being protected.

I know you disagree, but I thought you might like to read my take after I read yours.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
c'mon this is ats

why did the security force allow it to happen ?

to encourage a larger breach so they can play shoot 'em up ?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahybrid

Just curious what sources you would be citing here. Is it the magazine article that said it moved? Or is this your personal experience? There's almost certainly more bases around the US conducting stuff like this, but Groom lake has been, and probably always will be a test bed for experimental aircraft and military systems. I'm sourcing myself on this one. I've flown in the "box" before, and I've seen the base with my own eyes and have pictures. I know a few things that are flying out of there. But to say it's been quiet for over a decade is inaccurate to say the least.

Originally posted by gariac

reply to post by ahybrid

Uh well, except for all the new buildings at Groom and of course the mysterious triangular tower. ;-)

reply to post by gariac

I'm anxious to see the sources you are about to cite_
"_" is the sarcmark.

It may be a bit of sarcasm, but I would cite his own website, www.lazygranch.com... and all the research he's done at Groom Lake in the past and now. Take a look at his pics and you can see all the construction going on in the last decade. They've gotten bigger, not quieter...

Here's a pic on final to groom...

Just in case the no photo, no proof thing pops out somewhere

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I really can't see anything but mountains and desert in that photo.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I know you disagree, but I thought you might like to read my take after I read yours.

I don't really disagree with any point. I just feel that any really good secrets beyond conventional testing have been moved to less publicized areas.Most likely before the US government's "official disclosure"

I think area 51 has become the waving right hand that is being shown to the audience while the left hand slips the ace of spades up a sleeve.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by boomer135

I really can't see anything but mountains and desert in that photo.

Can't see the big, dry lake bed with the enormous runway? Well sorry can't help ya!

Edit: Ok you twisted my arm. Groom and Papoose. Yes its a disposable camera. easier to hide...but it was 35mm at least!

edit on 14-10-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Saying Groom Lake is a sideshow, the base has moved, blah blah blah is an internet meme. Why anyone would bother repeating that nonsense is beyond me since it makes the person look ignorant at best and a misinformation agent at worst.

You can simply look at the base on google earth and see that there are new hangars, buildings, etc. Use the "time" feature to track the construction. Hell, they flew in a 737 just after midnight. (WWW626 N365SR squawking 0331 on final). The place is busier than ever.

People can dream up all the remote location theories they want, but the deal is these test aircraft are under development. The engineers don't live in Timbuktu. Early in Groom's history, engineering flew in from Burbank. Now the base has flights from Palmdale and Vegas. [Vegas flights daily; Palmdale flights Monday and Friday.] You don't see this kind of activity at DPG. Now yes, some projects have been tested at DPG. Gorgon Stare for instance. But that project was never a secret. You can see the contractor aircraft make the trip to DPG for those tests. But the deal with UAVs is there is a limited number of places you can fly them, and if you are testing UAVs, you need to do it in a manner that doesn't interrupt training at places like Creech. So logistics comes into play. Hence the occasional test at DPG.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
If you know how to use get_iplayer, this show is number 188. It is 1280x720 mp4. Our buddy Annie Jacobsen is in it as well as John Lear.

The claim is the "cast" was not charged with trespass for their border incident.

They did some video by the black mailbox, but it is obvious Nellis Weapons School activity. Just a plane using flares as countermeasures. I'm a little surprised they heard a sonic boom by the mailbox. The supersonic corridor is further north.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I watched it, but turned it off near the end as i thought it was a set up and the producers had made their minds up about the tone of the show....
the whole thing appeared to be edited to make people look rather stupid...and it was working.

When you get a comedian to make a show about Aliens, expect comedy.

I feel sorry for the participants, they were made to look Bonkers.

Could they have picked any whackier a guy than the old fella who was pointing at the moon and talking about trees and populations of millions living there......

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

If you watched the whole show, you would see that the presenter intervened in a "lie detector" test that would have likely shown one of the participants to be a liar. So in that respect they went out of their way not to be mean.

Personally, I have a hard time believing a UFO flying over the 405 wouldn't be witnessed by a lot of people. Then again, you really do have to watch the road when on the 405. ;-) Of course, strange things have happened on the 405. Just ask Prinz von Anhalt. ;-)

I give the BBC credit for not trying to make yet another Area 51 investigation special. By and large, such specials have all been less than prime. No production company wants to spend the time and money to do a real investigation into Groom Lake. Yes, you could do a decent job on the history of the base, but it wouldn't be recent history, and I guess you can't take that to the bank else it would have been done already. So the BBC got a bunch of believers and tried to make them disbelievers. It is more like reality TV than an investigation, but not nearly as scripted as the reality TV trash made in the states. Yeah, the special had John Lear and Annie Jacoben doing their thing, but it also had Michael Shermer and Seth Shostak for balance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join