It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Vote Because Your Vote Does Not Count !!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

I want to thank you for validating what I knew in my gut. I even threaded on this a few months back. I knew when the electronic machines were brought in, it was over if you wanted an honest count.. Thanks again s/f
edit on 8-10-2012 by CherubBaby because: typo

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedComet
I've been writing on this topic extensively over the past several weeks, and I'd very much like to summarize my feelings on the matter here:

I do not plan to vote.

When one's vote lends credence to a system whose policies have continually led to the degeneration of human rights and the murder and exploitation of innocents-- both foreign and domestic-- how can one justify the act of voting? Feeding into such a system while acknowledging its tremendous faults is not only unconscionable, but morally reprehensible. To be involved is essentially to dab up a bit of the blood with one's own hands.

The platforms of the two major candidates are strikingly similar once you've looked past their superficial differences. They're both war-mongers and statists. They both support laws that will further strip us of our rights and will likely embroil us in more pointless, foreign wars. They both support the terrorist nation of Israel and will continue to fund their campaign of terror even as the rest of the world sits aghast at their obnoxious sabre-rattling. And that's just naming a few.

Voting for the 'lesser of two evils' is the stupidest thing one can do. You're still casting a vote for evil and, furthermore, by voting, you're giving your consent to this oppressive, corrupt establishment. by NOT voting however, you withold that consent, effectively telling the governement that enough is enough. If only 5-10% of the electorate showed up to vote in any given election, the powers that be, as well as the rest of the world, would take notice. Only in diminishing the legitimacy of the current, bloated, ineffectual government can we hope to ever replace it with something even remotely like Democracy.

I wish that casting a vote could change things. I wish that there was indeed a candidate who could look out for the interests of the people and lead our country in a nobler, more prosperous direction. There was a time when I once believed that it was possible. During the last election, my first, I actively campaigned for Obama, hoping with all my heart that the state of my country would improve after the Bush years and believing all the while that I was doing good in the world. Thankfully, I'm no longer so naive. Candidates of such a great caliber don't exist, and I feel confident that such a candidate will never emerge from either of the established political parties, who are worn through to their very core with corruption. In the terrible framework of modern American politics, I'm doubtful that even a strong independent candidate could affect much change in office-- much less win. The powers that be seem determined to keep independent candidates out of the picture, which makes it much more difficult to "work with what we've got".

The system is broken. Don't play the game. Don't vote in 2012 and do your part to delegitimize this joke of a government. Casting a vote at this point, whether it be for either of the major candidates or someone else, is only prolonging the madness. Stop feeding the beast and exercise your right NOT to vote. We deserve better than this. We deserve a leader who won't engage in activities of questionable legality (drone strikes, detaining American citizens indefinitely for no good reason) and who won't yield to the influence of major corporations.

Well, you have made this much easier for me. Your post reflects my sentiments on this subject perfectly.

So my post is now a forum thread equivalent of someone saying, "Uh..yeah. Yeah! What he said..."

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I want to thank OP for the helpful insights and videos that can help people make a more educated decision on whether to vote or not. I have a few people in mind to send to this thread that I think would benefit from it.

With that said, I do believe that local voting does have some merit.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Since Obama took office he's made 5 million foreigners new US citizens.

Your vote truly doesn't count.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
im not voting, well....im actually trying to sell my vote to the mindless people who actually think our vote does matter. why not make a few bucks on the side

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join