It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Not Vote Because Your Vote Does Not Count !!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Greetings ATS!

I dont understand why people here argue about weather Turd Sandwich or Giant ##SNIPPED## will win the presidential election this year. Why do you debate over this as if it matters in your life?

The only conclusion I can reach is that its because you believe your vote matters, and you will somehow get to use it to change the country into whatever you think it should be. That the person who gets "elected" will ignore the lobbyists, the banksters, the corporations and side with the people he has nothing in common with at all. And thats you guys. Most of America.

So here's a few fun facts about elections...

Fact 1. If you are not a delegate, your vote doesnt count.

In the United States, you have an electoral college voting system that is based on the number of delegates who vote for any given presidential nominee. The popular vote means nothing.

For example, when Al Gore ran against George W. Bush, Gore won the popular vote in Florida but Bush won the delegate votes.

So, if you’re not a delegate, your vote doesn’t even count.

Fact 2. Election vote counts are easily manipulated

In a sworn testimony, computer programmer Clinton Curtis testified that Tom Feeney (Speaker of the House of Florida at the time) tried to pay him to rig the election vote counts on Diebold voting machines.

In the following documentary, its shown how easy it is to fix elections through the computer software on these voting machines.

Fact 3. All that really matters is who COUNTS the votes

No matter who you vote for, it is irrelative because the only thing that matters is who COUNTS the vote. Obama backer George Soros bought the company who counts the votes, which is located in Spain.

Mitt Romney is rumoured to have attended the Bilderberg meeting this year. In 2008, Obama attended the Bilderberg meeting and was subsequently elected president.

So what we have is a showdown between the Bilderberg's selected president, Romney versus billionairre George Soros' man, Obama and the company he bought that counts the votes. One thing we can be assured is that it will be a close vote, just like in all elections. By giving the facade that the vote is close, it can easily be swung either way through voter fraud, corrupt voting machines or by the company who actually tallies the votes.

The bottom line is this: You vote for real change by NOT voting

If you go there and put your vote in, you are supporting this system and its continued prosperity. You are supporting and making sure that no change takes place, and that the 1% remains in control.

On the other hand, if you decide to not vote, you are simply saying No More to this. You are part of a third group of people who have realized the joke in all of this, and who wants real change to take place. With enough people in this group, it will be impossible for the system to keep portraying itself as representing ordinary citizens.

It may even be discussed in the main stream media (but dont count on it).

So I hope you stay home this time. I hope you realize why you shouldnt support this system. And I hope you want some of that real change that Obama promised but never intended to actually do.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Bodhi911 because: (no reason given)

Terms and Conditions of Use--Please Review
edit on Thu Oct 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: 15b.) Profanity: You will not use profanity in our forums on the Websites, and will neither Post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. You will also not use common alternative spellings or net-speak alternative for profane words.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Why would anyone bother to manipulate votes that don't count, anyway?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have known that I plan to not vote. This'un, I'm sittiing out Occupying my comfy chair.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

They dont. They manipulate the votes that do count - the delegate votes.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

You're saying the vote counts of the Electoral College are manipulated? Do you even understand how any of that works?

What about the Congressional and gubernatorial elections? Should we not vote for any of those candidates, either?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Good thread. As for the moderator who asks "why manipulate votes that don't count", it is because they are manipulated, that the vote no longer counts.

The thing that amazes me is, how America collectively seems to have Alzheimer's when it comes to voting. Every four years, they flock to the polls, and vote for "the lesser of two evils", and think that everything is going to change and come up roses the day the new president (or the same incumbent) gets into office.

Then we are sorely disappointed, but somehow, never remember this four years later.

We are being played. This whole idea that the president can lead the country in the proper direction is just so much smoke and mirrors. The real deciders are not elected. The POTUS is just a puppet. Stop getting caught up in the pubs-v-dems dichotomy, and then cry and argue with each other when it all falls apart like a cheap suit.

Y'all want to keep participating in a lie, and imagining things will somehow be different, then be my guest. Have fun pretending. See you in four years, so we can play this sorry sham out all over again.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
The BIG IDEA doesn't change (Military complex, fiat money, globalism) but the "small things" do..

Such as women's equal rights, abortion topic, taxes.

GO OUT AND VOTE.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
can you PROVE our votes dont count??
Thread sounds like someone trying to heard she sheeple to NOT vote

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
in my opinion ...when the people "vote" for the lesser of 2 evils they intentionally give power to the evil force who then transfers the karmic consequences (of their devious actions) onto the body of people it's tricking.

the voting person basically gives permission to be # on (or killed) by this evil power.

by NOT VOTING for the lesser of 2 evils...one does not "give any permission" to that evil power to reign terror.

it take MORE COURAGE to not vote.

to vote for the lesser of 2 EVILS is a cowardly traitorous act.

in my opinion...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
How many "don't vote because it doesn't count" threads are we going to have? Seriously. Get on with it dude. Get creative, research and make interesting and indulging threads in the future. Thanks for reading.

link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
The thing that amazes me is, how America collectively seems to have Alzheimer's when it comes to voting. Every four years, they flock to the polls, and vote for "the lesser of two evils", and think that everything is going to change and come up roses the day the new president (or the same incumbent) gets into office.

Then we are sorely disappointed, but somehow, never remember this four years later.

Yeah I cant understand that. Its insanity to keep supporting a system that doesnt represent the people in any shape at all.

There is no contract with people that a president will do what he says he will do. But every (working) ordinary citizen has an employment contract, stating what he must perform as part of this job.

Its simply astonishing that no such thing exists for the presidents.

link   

The thing that amazes me is the number of people who think somehow doing NOTHING is going to change anything. I mean, I understand the attractiveness of that. Doing nothing and getting a positive outcome is the great marketing promise of the modern age. After years of bombardment, it doesn't surprise me that people have now decided it's a viable strategy.

That's fine. I think a large number of people shouldn't vote. In fact, given the anecdotal evidence available, I think most people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

That's okay, just sit back and do your nothing. The rest of us will handle it.

You're welcome.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Bodhi911

My vote does count. Numbers are tallied. Voices are heard.

The system is flawed, it has flawed people inside it. But the system does work.

I will alwas vote. I will always express my opinion without fear of reprisal. I have the freedom to choose whom I wish to represent me in this grand experiment we call America. To not vote is to cede to whatever "authority" is in flavour in any given month.

I am proud of my vote. I am proud that I participate in a system that is the envy of many other countries. To vote is a sacred trust bestowed upon the people of America.

My vote does count.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by yeahright

The thing that amazes me is the number of people who think somehow doing NOTHING is going to change anything. I mean, I understand the attractiveness of that. Doing nothing and getting a positive outcome is the great marketing promise of the modern age. After years of bombardment, it doesn't surprise me that people have now decided it's a viable strategy.

That's fine. I think a large number of people shouldn't vote. In fact, given the anecdotal evidence available, I think most people shouldn't be allowed to vote.

That's okay, just sit back and do your nothing. The rest of us will handle it.

You're welcome.

I think you just described the mindset of a dictatorship:

- Only a select few should decide for everybody else
- Ordinary people are not smart enough to make decisions such as these

I support your right to have an opinion in this election. Its a shame you wouldnt allow me the same courtesy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm going to do the same thing I did four years ago and write in Ron Paul.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

I support your right to have an opinion in this election. Its a shame you wouldnt allow me the same courtesy.

Um, didn't you just state that you are a proponent of doing nothing?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I'll vote for the first candidate I think is qualified to do the job.

I will not vote for someone lesser just because he's the "best we got".
I will not vote for someone just to vote against the other candidate.
I will not vote for someone unqualified just to exercise my right to vote.
I will not vote for someone because he is the "lesser of two evils".

Unfortunately, I don't see anyone running this time around I'd trust to do the job.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Don't be foolish, nothing counts or matters. We just live in a fantasy world created by sociopaths that control every aspect of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A powerful argument op. I agree with you about the voting scam. How ever for all those saying to go and vote. My thoughts are that by not voting in the sytem, in effect you are voting by not joining in their game. I wish you all the best because who ever gets in will do the bidding, of who ever is pulling the strings. War is coming either by obomba or that other guy. Selected Puppets.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi911

What have I done to stop you from rendering your opinion? You want me to applaud your decision to not vote? I think it's a lousy decision, but if you have no intent to vote, then you're not likely to do the work necessary to make an informed choice. I think in that case you're doing all of us a favor.

Yay, you. Stay on the couch.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join