It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Lehrer blasted for his performance in first presidential debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Jim Lehrer blasted for his performance in first presidential debate

Now we have some "Blame" being cast on the debate moderator Jim Lehrer.

After Obama's complete breakdown failure against Romney, we see people shifting blame.

Obama was unable to answer for the failed policies not the moderator.

The Obama Campaign is in panic mode.

Obama has trouble arguing the issues.

PBS Executive Editor Jim Lehrer was criticized in various media circles for his performance during Wednesday’s first presidential debate after losing control of the proceedings and allegedly letting Republican candidate Mitt Romney “push him around.”

Lehrer, who moderated his 13th debate Wednesday, was “head-scratchingly absent,” wrote Buzzfeed’s Rosie Gray, who also pointed out criticism from several of his peers, including Meet The Press host David Gregory, who was himself pilloried for his performance in the Massachusetts senatorial debate Monday between Elizabeth Warren and Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) .................

Time is UP !

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Irrespective of who 'won' or who makes your little heart go pitter-pat, no one with two neurons that are working at even 50% could assess Lehr's performance last night as anything but a complete, unmitigated farce. He had no control of the debate, allowed himself to be bullied by both sides and might as well have not even been there. It was a disgrace and absolutely the WORST moderation of a debate I have ever witnessed at any level.

You can take that to the bank. He blew cheese.

edit on 4-10-2012 by jtma508 because: turned down the sarcasm knob

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It was like mitt was on some coke. I lost more respect for the man after watching him push the mod around. Poor old guy. Unfortunatly he owned the stage and owned Obama. Obama without a telepromter is like cheech without chong or peanutbutter without jelly.
Mitt liked to spew his "plan" but failed to explain the how it would work. He was being more of a bully than a governor, I'm not picking sides but America dosent need another republican, we've all seen what happens. Miryah agenda seems to have changed from a couple of months ago to last night.
I don't want the president of my country flip flopping.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Lehrer didn't do anything wrong. It was good the way he bent the rules so the guys could have an actual discussion and not just trade sound bites. The only problem for the libs is that Romney won and they can't just own that. They have to find a scapegoat.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by otie1
Mitt liked to spew his "plan" but failed to explain the how it would work. He was being more of a bully than a governor, I'm not picking sides but America dosent need another republican, we've all seen what happens. I don't want the president of my country flip flopping.
Sure...liberals dont even have a plan but they expect republicans to reveal their plan so they can use some of the ideas (just like obamacare based on Romney's MA model). I'm thinking of Kenny Rogers song..'Gambler'. You should know by now that they all (dems & republicans) lie and flip flop regardless of what we know (both parties). Its called Politics and nothing will progress without keeping both parties happy in the Senate and thus it requires manipulation and/or lyeing. Its sad but thats the truth.
edit on 5-10-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
HA HA! oh man this is too funny,
the libs are freaking LIVID!

Obama made an ass of himself, it can't be denied so they are
lashing out at Lehrer !
poor bastard...

I'm loving this...
edit on 5-10-2012 by Thunderheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I enjoyed seeing the candidates having more freedom to challenge the other and follow up on what they perceive to be inaccurate statements made by their opponent. I say we force them to debate for 3 hours instead of only 1.The American people need to see the candidates forced to be specific and not get away with the doublespeak BS and cliches we are so used to hearing.
As far as I am concerned the moderators job is to get the ball rolling and then stand back and see where the pins fall.

top topics

join