It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hair color when TSHTF.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I first got interested in survival skills when an old man began holding classes based on FEMA brochures at a local restaurant about 10 years ago.

That old man had food hidden in all kinds of odd spots in his home. He had a huge underground container of water. He kept a folding bike (and later a wheelchair) in the trunk of his car..

He talked about how to care for animals including cows and horses in an emergency.

He described life in an emergency shelter.

I have respect for those who prepare regardless of their age.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by NotThat

I understood the purpose of your thread.

I can see where being gray could be life threatening and really thought it might be handy to be able to cover it up should you need to.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I know it’s not possible for everyone to relocate but consider your ‘bug out’ scenarios and make it PRIORITY ONE to get the hell out of the urban area rather than trying to ride it out. You won’t survive in an urban setting regardless your age or hair color.

Just my $.02

I know that is the common thought.

However, depending on the disaster, being in a moderate size city may be an advantage. I'm thinking Jerrico here. Sometimes you need enough people to get things done.

Any place within 100 miles of either coast is so populated that nowhere is truely rural.
I don't know what an ideal size of a place should be.

If there is wide spread famine or rationing you need to be in an urban area. That's where the food and fuel will be distributed.

If aliens decide humans are the perfect meal, I'd rather not live totally isolated. On the other hand, if a new bug is killing 99% of the population I would rather not live in an apartment building.

Some cities are more city-like than others.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Scalded Frog

I am sorry. I misunderstood.
Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Young Bull: Let's run down there and shag one of 'em!

Old Bull: Nah...let's walk down there and shag 'em all.

edit on 5-10-2012 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Many people I know with gray hair have a lot more knowledge of things that will be beneficial in a shtf scenario than people with died hair or regular colored hair. Minerals like Selenium can make hair gray and Selenium is a necessary mineral. I think gray hair looks distinguished myself, I would never die my hair. Whoever thinks a person with gray hair will be looked down upon if something happens is probably not going to make it through a shtf event. Hair color has nothing to do with honesty and trustworthiness or health.

On top of that, my hair is a little gray, I can still hit the bullseye at a hundred yards quickly with my deer rifle with open sights and have no problems with shooting someone trying to endanger my family.
edit on 5-10-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
The elderly will be perceived as weak and preyed upon. Be strong and prepared.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotThat
reply to post by hawkiye

I am not talking about fitness. I am talking about people responding to grey hair.

Its not just grey hair its how people carry themselves grey hair or not. Being fit means you carry yourself like a younger person. People with grey hair that are always complaining about getting old walking like they are etc. get treated accordingly. Sure some will judge on sight but if they interact with you and you carry yourself as young and fit they will then treat you like it. I have friends in their 20's 30s and 40's because we have and do things in common and they think nothing of my graying hair. Only time I dyed my hair was in searching for a job (any edge you can get) but since I gave up on that I haven't and don't know if I will again.
edit on 5-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by NotThat

Will people discount grey elders or refuse to help them (as useless eaters)?

Well…..that depends on how that grey haired elder carries himself.

At first I laughed out loud.
Then I looked at this guy and wondered how well he would do surrounded by a gang yielding clubs, knives, boards, or whatever. He might be a target just for his stuff.

Ha ha
nice pic!

As the saying goes don't bring a club a knife or a board to a gun fight
. Many of the youngsters who think they are going to pillage and plunder others to survive will be the first to die as some of the older more seasoned folks many of them veterans (or have been hunting dear elk and turkey etc. for the better part of their lives) put them out of their misery with honed sills and preps.

edit on 5-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This is quite an interesting, yet obscure topic in relation to the whole SHTF thing - you have an interesting mind. Take it as a compliment - I like people who can think outside the norm. I myself, would definitely turn into the skunk look fast, haha. On another random slant to your own random slant, I have been wanting to make some magnetite water and strart drinking it, see what happens to my hair. I heard that for some, entire strands of grey hair turn dark, all at once. It's a really interesting concept, to imagine all the things this magnetically charged water can do for the body. I hope to get the funds to purchase materials for my own shot at it soon. Here's a link:

www.quantumbalancing.com...

And instructions:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 6-10-2012 by saintinwaiting because: spell correct

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Minerals like Selenium can make hair gray and Selenium is a necessary mineral.

I once knew a woman who was taking stuff from a health food store to turn her grey hair dark. She was getting a college degree at an older age and was worried about getting a job. Her hair did turn darker in the year I knew her. I do not remember what she was taking.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
The elderly will be perceived as weak and preyed upon. Be strong and prepared.

Thank you. My though exactly.
More of a reality and not a personal prejudice.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Its not just grey hair its how people carry themselves grey hair or not. Being fit means you carry yourself like a younger person.

Yeah, you are right. It is the first impression of strength that counts. I think decisions will be made in seconds, not minutes.

I have a callus on my foot that drives me crazy occasionally. I start limping. I move oddly. My balance is off. It has nothing to do with my general health but people act like I am very frail when it acts up.

It is interesting that you dyed your hair while job hunting. I knew a man in his 40s with a bad back. He got a teaching degree but couldn't get a job because he refused to dye his hair. He looked and moved like an ancient.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe. As long as the government lets us keep our guns.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
OP I think your views are a product of your culture.

In many cultures grey hair invokes feelings of respect and authority, knowledge and wisdom.

I don't know where you are from but it's obvious that social conditioning has taught you subconsciously that old people are useless, whether you are aware of this or not, so I would assume that you're from either the US or the UK.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK
There's TOO many grey wrinkley's out there at the moment, succling on the 'teat' of the system.........

Those baby boomers will have what's coming to them if their grey hair is revealed.....!!

Revenge of the younger generation................

Grasshopper...

Do not equate grey wrinkleys (as you put it) with being infirm. One day you'll be on of us.

You may have youth and vigor... But you don't have wisdom yet

But we have experience and cunning.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
What a scary thread. I don't see TSHTF scenario's as we think. What I see is a series of tests, in which humanity and compassion is always being tested. I don't believe in Nibiru. There is talk of the Blue Wave, energy from the Photon Belt, arriving. That one Im not sure on.

In coming energies are possible. But mostly I search for all Blue Wave posts due to my sons dream of this occurring. We had to go in the house, and shut the doors/windows, and then it was OK.

Economic crashes are a completely different matter, and climate changes, in regions, or emergencies, earthquakes, radiation from Fukushima, all the possible things.

All of the bad organization, false flags, caused by the elite, having poor systems of redistribution in place, and alternative energies and back up in every area, IS ALL A MANMADE THING.

The answer to all manmade things is simple: COOPERATION AND COMPASSION.

In every emergency big and small from plane crashes to the Titanic, people pull together and start establishes order and sharing.

They don't value human life, on hair color. Or age.

Its an equality thing.

Everything in this world is a test.

IF an emergency happens, you meet with your community, no matter what you're age, or hair color is, and you start to organize: Survival for All. Redistribution of Food. Reaching all the shutins, the elderly or families in apartments, or various areas. You look for bodies.

You organize your tools, ie. those guys with garages and tools will be building energy generators and getting people OK again.

You get going, and help others.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   

reply to post by hawkiye

Maybe. As long as the government lets us keep our guns.

I and millions of others do not rely on government decree to decide on whether we keep our guns or not. IOW they will never get them and any attempt to take them in mass will result in civil war. They may get about 10 - 15% of the 200 million guns in America but the rest will be turned on them for trying. They can't disarm a few thousand insurgents in the middle east they will never disarm pissed off Americans.

They won't be fighting peasants in robes with AK's they will be fighting the most well armed well trained resourceful guerrilla armies in the history of the world. Many veterans with the same training as them and I am sure at least a percentage of the military will side with the people. You'd be surprised what can be made in shops and garages around the country.

Having said that I think they are smarter then that they know trying to take the guns would cause such a scenario so they keep trying to nickle and dime us to death. This keeps enough slaves working on the plantation for them to keep stealing our wealth and they slowly implement the police state. Maybe at some point they will decide they have enough of the upper hand to make a play for the guns but it won't work as evidenced by the California assault weapons ban. Only about 10% complied the rest just went underground or left the state.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I always love reading your posts Unity star for you! I tend to agree with you for the most part however I think you are overlooking the other side of the coin. People often pulling together in crisis is true however usually it is for the short term and still there are always looters. However in the long term history has proven that their are always factions of the people that will try and loot rob and pillage others to survive.

We will have those factions too if society as we know it breaks down and it only takes a small number to cause chaos among a large population. Unfortunately that is the reality. When people are starving and there just is not enough to go around despite peoples willingness to share (if they had it) or whether is is government contrived or not some will turn to looting to feed themselves and or their families and they must be dealt with.

edit on 6-10-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Young people work so hard to get anything done
I can outwork most people without breaking a sweat. It's not how hard you work that counts it is what you accomplish that counts. If I need to move a lot of dirt, I grab the tractor with the loader on it, if I need to blow snow, I put the 80 inch snowblower on the tractor. If I have to change the oil on the car I put the car on the lift and can easily do what I need. When you get older you learn to use tools to accomplish things. Experience is better than youth, I wouldn't ever go backwards. The young need to learn to respect the true wealthy in life, those with experience in what we need to survive. The people who are going to fend worst in a shtf scenario are the educated people without any knowledge about things we actually need. Farmers will do well as will necessary tradesmen. Good Fishermen and hunters will be once again be appreciated till the fish and game run out. Deer will be extinct in less than six months if tshtf, the fish will be gone within a few years. Stealing livestock will be punishable by death, as will stealing food since martial law will not even be implemented. Does anyone really want this to happen? Not me, I want to have things easy but am prepared to live a hard life if needed.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join