It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What it Might be Like to Have a Close Encounter of The First Kind.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Found this neat video and I don't believe I've seen it before so I thought I would share. As to the credibility of the video, if it isn't genuine then it is very well done CGI, however I still think it's interesting due to the "hum" as the object passes over the camera guys head. This could very well be how the effects of such a craft might react.

As I said, it might be fake (also due to the lack of information on the video), but if it is, it is extremely well done. So any ATS'ers please feel free to comment on a.) the videos credibility, please try and have constructive thoughts on the video without just crying "fake" and b.) has anyone had a similar experience with a UFO and the effects it gives off?

I am assuming this video originates from either Spain or South America and mods, please feel free to move/delete as necessary.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I'm assuming by the time I post that several members will be dismissing this as "already debunked", "obvious hoax" and the like. I personally don't find any reason whatsoever to doubt that its genuine. According to many eyewitness reports, this is how some of these objects look and behave.

Only two problems:
1. Looks "too good to be real" (whatever that means)
2. It makes you super cool to dismiss everything as "Fake!" (So many will do just that)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Urantia1111
I'm assuming by the time I post that several members will be dismissing this as "already debunked", "obvious hoax" and the like. I personally don't find any reason whatsoever to doubt that its genuine. According to many eyewitness reports, this is how some of these objects look and behave.

Only two problems:
1. Looks "too good to be real" (whatever that means)
2. It makes you super cool to dismiss everything as "Fake!" (So many will do just that)

Agree there mate and as I said if it's a fake, it's probably one of the best ever fakes I've seen.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Having just checked out his channel and his revelacionovni blog which is linked on the YT page my initial impression that its quite well done CGI is borne out , no doubt in my mind it fake .

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
One thing i have learned is that when videos of this nature surface from time to time its important to trace the source or who up loaded this on u-tube.This was up loaded by this source here; www.youtube.com...

Also here is a video from this sources u-tube account below, entitled "F.B.I. Confirmed recovery of 3 UFOs and 9 Aliens " now do not want to sound a "know all" or appear in a premature mode of either judgement or debunking but ,mmmmmmm.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Of course it has to be fake. As someone said already, it looks too good to be true. If it's a fake, it's a VERY good fake, I got a little chill the first time the saucer came straight over head.

If it's real though, it sure sucks for the person who filmed it that no one will ever believe him, even with footage of the craft
The conspiracy nut in me tells me that this type of footage is the reason why TPTB put out so many ufo/alien flix, to show the public that it's all smoke and mirrors, that non of it could be true.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Putting the whole fake issue aside for a moment and in an attempt to answer the OP directly, it is my understanding that close encounters with UFOs tend to come with some sort of electronic anomalies. We have a digital recorder and, as the craft goes over the camera person, we find ourselves looking directly up into what appears to be several glowing propulsion units. Assuming they use some sort of magnetic field manipulation to fly, and a powerful one at that, I would expect to see some distortion or interference in the video, or am I off base here?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Could be real... but most likely fake. Im just wary that the UFO happens to zoom right above him. It could have gone any other direction but went right above his head. I dunno

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
'Loved those two finishing touches, the move behind the tree branches and the dog barking. This guy should be in pictures, as they used to say.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
It looks fake to me, especially as it goes over the guy's head. It goes from being blurry, to in focus, in an all too unrealistic manner. Looks like CGI, honestly.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc
Putting the whole fake issue aside for a moment and in an attempt to answer the OP directly, it is my understanding that close encounters with UFOs tend to come with some sort of electronic anomalies. We have a digital recorder and, as the craft goes over the camera person, we find ourselves looking directly up into what appears to be several glowing propulsion units. Assuming they use some sort of magnetic field manipulation to fly, and a powerful one at that, I would expect to see some distortion or interference in the video, or am I off base here?

No, your quite accurate there, but as there is no set boundaries to this kind of thing, I guess one never knows.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but I don't trust any UFO accounts on youtube. That said, as has been mentioned before - it's a very good fake if that's what it is.

If I'm lucky enough to see another UFO and I'm even luckier in that I manage to film it, it'll go straight onto ATS in its raw state for analysis. A video like that from a long standing ATSer without an obvious agenda I would take very seriously.
edit on 4/10/12 by Insomniac because: added some bits

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Insomniac
I'm sorry, but I don't trust any UFO accounts on youtube. That said, as has been mentioned before - it's a very good fake if that's what it is.

If I'm lucky enough to see another UFO and I'm even luckier in that I manage to film it, it'll go straight onto ATS in its raw state for analysis. A video like that from a long standing ATSer without an obvious agender I would take very seriously.

Kudos on the avatar mate, good band

I just feel that if this video is fake, is as close to a saucer sighting as anyone is gonna have (in most cases, in which some can be even closer). Additionally on my earlier reply, there has been a few cases of extreme radiation poisoning in some cases, most notably the Cash/Landrum case.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Insomniac

If I'm lucky enough to see another UFO and I'm even luckier in that I manage to film it, it'll go straight onto ATS in its raw state for analysis. A video like that from a long standing ATSer without an obvious agender I would take very seriously.

Kudos on the avatar mate, good band

I just feel that if this video is fake, is as close to a saucer sighting as anyone is gonna have (in most cases, in which some can be even closer). Additionally on my earlier reply, there has been a few cases of extreme radiation poisoning in some cases, most notably the Cash/Landrum case.

Off topic: You should go to a Hawkfest - there should be one next summer.

Back on topic:
You're right, assuming it is fake, then it's a very good 'artists impression' of what a clear sighting would be like. Don't suppose you know if the guy with the camera had radiation poisoning do you? I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but it would be very strong evidence in support of the video.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
We sure would like to know where Spielberg found those Aliens.
And where is he hiding them now.
ED: That video has been around for awhile now.
Can't be a Rex Heflin flat disk ship because we know what they look like.
The three landing gear covers form a triangular might be the only thing
that a real saucer would have including a triangle ship. There were no
side portholes that are force directors that even the triangle has the saucer
based controls inside as far as near 360 degrees of turning ability.
Where are all the ship experts.

edit on 10/4/2012 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I don't think it's real. Why would it fly around in a circle and show off like that, and the humming noise sounds fake. Other than that it's hard to tell. If it is fake they did a good job and looked good when it went behind the tree too, but I am no cgi expert.

It is getting increasingly difficult to tell real from fake nowadays and it's only going to get worse as technology and software continue to advance.

new topics

top topics

join