It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wages of sin is death. What sins do animals do?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I dunno man, you ever seen a dog lick its own pud? Or a cat lick its ass? It's a lascivious and sinful act if you ask me

edit on 4-10-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
If death is good for believers who do look forward to something after death, why do they not suicide and reap the benefits.
Suicide is not sin as Jesus did just that.

Regards
DL

Suicide is when a pretty girl dumps you, you jump from the 10th floor or tie a stone to your neck and jump to the river or you put a gun to your head, or you slit your wrists.

But yes, we do 'suicide' of some sort...

When we got reborn of the Spirit, the death of our flesh has begun, the end of life, literally! We no longer strive for comfort of our bodies, it has become nothing! When we used to get the best things we can afford, now we get the cheapest, ugliest things possible so we can give more in doing the Will of the Father.

There's more!
Notice how the most desperate, war-torn, poorest, most dangerous places never hears the Gospel because everyone is too cowardly, love their lives too much. We brave these places too!

As a true Christian, mortality is very high! sooner or later you'll get killed, tribulation time or not....I bet only very few understands what I'm saying and think I'm just joking!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
You have to know the difference between right and wrong before you can sin. Animals, babies, toddlers, mentally handicapped and retarded people are excluded.

Now i must do this:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Hello

the wages of sin of death.

1 John 3:4. Sin is the transgression of the law. The law given to man. Ergo animals cannot sin.

No one can say if animals do or do not have a conscience its speculation.

Regards

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

reply to post by Greatest I am

Animals can not sin.
They didn't eat from the Tree of Knowledge and therefore do not judge right from wrong or claim to know better than God.
They are not separated from God and therefore cannot act outside of God or deny God.

"Death" is not a physical death. Death, in this sense, is the souls inability to fully reunite with God. One will die again and again and again (reincarnation), but will not remember any past lives or their connection to The source until the soul has become enlightened and rises from the ashes (like a phoenix, so to speak) and consciously reunites with God.

Some believe that once the soul has been enlightened we form a 'merkaba,' or an energy field around us, which will safely transport us at the time of physical death to the next dimension where we will retain all memory of past lives and lessons learned.

So why did God destroy the animals if they could not sin?

Regards
DL

What's your definition of 'destroyed'?
Physical death is not a destruction, it is a return, a homecoming. It is a cycle. They will be reborn again, eventually. We simply will wake from this dream into another one.

You can not destroy energy.

Time to wake from your own dream and tell us how you know what you said to be facts and not fiction.
You are just making stuff up unless you have something more than hearsay or book say.
Show what you have my friend.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And, Jesus came to show us that Humans ARE capable of attaining everlasting life while on earth in human form. .

To do as you say, he would have to be here doing just that.
Where is he?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And I think I will add one of my personal faves:

which I reserve for only those select few who wander into the abyss of utter absurdity.
Such as the above insinuation that Jesus committed suicide.
Really, there just are no words that could do justice.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
reply to post by Cuervo

The Bible speaks specifically of animals in heaven. Just because "most theologians" agree on something does not make it so. We can either believe that what scripture says is true or we can not believe it. It really is as simple as that.

Physical death is a product of nature. It is a cycle as another poster mentioned. It has nothing to do with sin. Spiritual death, on the other hand, is a direct result of sin. And to I AM- yes my opinion IS in fact of the majority.

Opinions are a dime a dozen.
They are not knowledge.

How true are the scriptures that speak of talking snakes and donkeys?
Do you believe that these talking animals truly lived?

Regards
DL
edit on 5-10-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

Romans 8:21-22

This verse alone shows that all creatures will enter into the glorious liberty of the children of God. What do you think that may be?

ETA: Another- "God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom."

Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21
edit on 4-10-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

If that is the case, how is it that God expressed his love by killing?

Do you love your fellow man?
If so, do you think killing him is showing that love?

If God did love man and the animals and they were somehow all corrupt, would love kill or would love cure?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl

Yes, our physical bodies die. But our soul was not meant for death, however unrequited sin is the death of the soul.

Strange use of language.

So if a soul is not sinned against in kind, it dies.
Rephrase please.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hillarie
Animals can't sin. Sin means doing what your conscience tell you not to. Animals do what their nature tells them to. I just had one experience of 'sin' with an animal. My cat got mad at me and I saw him deliberately put out one claw, take aim and sink it into my arm. I've never seen anything like it before or since. It was creepy.

That is ok. Some here think there is an animal heaven so they will know for a fact that your cat will go to hell for his sins.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Animals do not Sin what they do is done to survive. Humans sin because we have the power of thought to create labels. Once a label is created we begin to worship it. The worship becomes an obssession that becomes the justifer for doing Sin. Sin that will even hurt loved ones because the label justified it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

If death is good for believers who do look forward to something after death, why do they not suicide and reap the benefits.
Suicide is not sin as Jesus did just that.

Regards
DL

Suicide is when a pretty girl dumps you, you jump from the 10th floor or tie a stone to your neck and jump to the river or you put a gun to your head, or you slit your wrists.

But yes, we do 'suicide' of some sort...

When we got reborn of the Spirit, the death of our flesh has begun, the end of life, literally! We no longer strive for comfort of our bodies, it has become nothing! When we used to get the best things we can afford, now we get the cheapest, ugliest things possible so we can give more in doing the Will of the Father.

There's more!
Notice how the most desperate, war-torn, poorest, most dangerous places never hears the Gospel because everyone is too cowardly, love their lives too much. We brave these places too!

As a true Christian, mortality is very high! sooner or later you'll get killed, tribulation time or not....I bet only very few understands what I'm saying and think I'm just joking!!

Yes. It is a high form of Christian morality to embrace human sacrifice and the notion that it is good to punish the innocent instead of the guilty.

Christian fools tell me this all the time.

You are exactly right in saying that only very few understands what your saying.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
You have to know the difference between right and wrong before you can sin. Animals, babies, toddlers, mentally handicapped and retarded people are excluded.

Now i must do this:

You must be wrong.

That would make God the killer of innocent children, babies and animals.
That would make him quite the prick.

I agree with you though.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by drevill
Hello

the wages of sin of death.

1 John 3:4. Sin is the transgression of the law. The law given to man. Ergo animals cannot sin.

No one can say if animals do or do not have a conscience its speculation.

Regards

Are you saying that God killed unjustly?
Were the babies killed given the law?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

And I think I will add one of my personal faves:

which I reserve for only those select few who wander into the abyss of utter absurdity.
Such as the above insinuation that Jesus committed suicide.
Really, there just are no words that could do justice.

I agree and return the favor.

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

edit on 5-10-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
Animals do not Sin what they do is done to survive. Humans sin because we have the power of thought to create labels. Once a label is created we begin to worship it. The worship becomes an obssession that becomes the justifer for doing Sin. Sin that will even hurt loved ones because the label justified it.

Can you survive without sinning or doing evil?
I do not think so.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

But this simply avoids God's culpability as the author of Human Nature. Free will is only the ability to choose. It is not an explanation why anyone would want to choose "A" or "B" (bad or good action). An explanation for why Eve would even have the nature of "being vulnerable to being easily swayed by a serpent" and "desiring to eat a forbidden fruit" must lie in the nature God gave Eve in the first place. Hence God is culpable for deliberately making humans with a nature-inclined-to-fall, and "free will" means nothing as a response to this problem.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Much has been written to explain what I see as a natural part of evolution.

Consider.
First, let us eliminate what some see as evil. Natural disasters. These are unthinking occurrences and are neither good nor evil. There is no intent to do evil even as victims are created.

Evil then is only human to human.
As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

This, to me, explains why there is evil in the world quite well.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue. This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Can you survive without sinning or doing evil?
I do not think so.

Yes i can. I dont sin.

Christians are always trying to absolve God of moral culpability in the fall by whipping out their favorite "free will!", or “ it’s all man’s fault”.

There is no God.

That is "God gave us free will and it was our free willed choices that caused our fall. Hence God is not blameworthy."

And therefore no point in blaming God.

If all sin by nature then, the sin nature is dominant. If not, we would have at least some who would not sin.

The sinners are the ones who hurt the innocent or loved ones.

Having said the above for the God that I do not believe in, I am a Gnostic Christian naturalist, let me tell you that evil is all human generated. Evil is our responsibility.

Evil is not my responsibility.

Evil then is only human to human.

Agree!

As evolving creatures, all we ever do, and ever can do, is compete or cooperate.
Cooperation we would see as good as there are no victims created. Competition would be seen as evil as it creates a victim. We all are either cooperating, doing good, or competing, doing evil at all times.

Some dubious logic there.

Without us doing some of both, we would likely go extinct.

Dont worry why there is alcohol and people with spare time, there is little chance of extinction.

Be you a believer in nature, evolution or God, we should all see that what Christians see as something to blame, evil, we should see that what we have, competition, deserves a huge thanks for being available to us.

competition is an alternative, and there are alternatives to everything.

There is no conflict between nature and God on this issue.

God doesnt exist so nature doesnt have a conflict.

This is how things are and should be. We all must do what some will think is evil as we compete and create losers to this competition.

Evil!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
A S

You call my logic dubious but did not refute it.
Perhaps I should say, --- could not.

The last time you competed and won, let’s say for a job, someone else lost the competition.

Would he not think that evil had befallen him?
Yes he would. You ere responsible for that evil but in evolutionary and survival terms, you had to do what you did.

Care to refute or will you do as above and just call it dubious logic?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Im not evil. I dont sin. Im a being of light. All who disagree with me are EVIL!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join