It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wages of sin is death. What sins do animals do?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Strange to think that all living organisms can sin. Everything from amoebas to my cats are sinners as they all die.

Can animals sin and if not, why do they die?

If animals cannot sin, then did God sin by using genocide on them in Noah’s day?

Regards
DL

edit on 4-10-2012 by Greatest I am because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think it speaks of SPIRITUAL death

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
LOL.....seriously?

That is referring to spiritual death, the death of the soul.

Nice try though......

ETA:
micmerci beat me to it

edit on 4-10-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

Animals can not sin.
They didn't eat from the Tree of Knowledge and therefore do not judge right from wrong or claim to know better than God.
They are not separated from God and therefore cannot act outside of God or deny God.

"Death" is not a physical death. Death, in this sense, is the souls inability to fully reunite with God. One will die again and again and again (reincarnation), but will not remember any past lives or their connection to The source until the soul has become enlightened and rises from the ashes (like a phoenix, so to speak) and consciously reunites with God.

Some believe that once the soul has been enlightened we form a 'merkaba,' or an energy field around us, which will safely transport us at the time of physical death to the next dimension where we will retain all memory of past lives and lessons learned.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
The concept of "sin" means that the entity who is sinning is one who understands what sin is.

Just as Adam and Eve knew nothing until they ate from the Tree of Knowledge, and suddenly became aware that they were nekkid as jaybirds, it can safely be assumed that animals are in that state of ignorant bliss.

Besides, what sin could an animal do that warrants the punishment of a vengeful God? I think the idea of sin is created especially for humans, by humans, as a way to control our often destructive and nasty behavior. Religion is necessary for behavior control.

My kitties do not sin! Only those who can understand the concept of doing right and wrong can sin.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

My kitties do not sin!

That made me LOL...'mah kittehs iz gud kittehs"...

Unfourtunately I've got some sinners in my neighborhood...."bad kittehs think they can has mah chickens"...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Physical death is only a punishment to those who have nothing to look forward to after departing.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Yet God made it a physical death in Noah's day and most Christians also attribute Adam and Eve's physical death to sin. To then, death entered the world through sin and only sinners should die.

Yours is not the widely held belief.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by stupid girl
LOL.....seriously?

That is referring to spiritual death, the death of the soul.

Nice try though......

ETA:
micmerci beat me to it

edit on 4-10-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

Yet we die. See the post just above please.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by eleven44

Animals can not sin.
They didn't eat from the Tree of Knowledge and therefore do not judge right from wrong or claim to know better than God.
They are not separated from God and therefore cannot act outside of God or deny God.

"Death" is not a physical death. Death, in this sense, is the souls inability to fully reunite with God. One will die again and again and again (reincarnation), but will not remember any past lives or their connection to The source until the soul has become enlightened and rises from the ashes (like a phoenix, so to speak) and consciously reunites with God.

Some believe that once the soul has been enlightened we form a 'merkaba,' or an energy field around us, which will safely transport us at the time of physical death to the next dimension where we will retain all memory of past lives and lessons learned.

So why did God destroy the animals if they could not sin?

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
The concept of "sin" means that the entity who is sinning is one who understands what sin is.

Just as Adam and Eve knew nothing until they ate from the Tree of Knowledge, and suddenly became aware that they were nekkid as jaybirds, it can safely be assumed that animals are in that state of ignorant bliss.

Besides, what sin could an animal do that warrants the punishment of a vengeful God? I think the idea of sin is created especially for humans, by humans, as a way to control our often destructive and nasty behavior. Religion is necessary for behavior control.

My kitties do not sin! Only those who can understand the concept of doing right and wrong can sin.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Physical death is only a punishment to those who have nothing to look forward to after departing.

??

If death is good for believers who do look forward to something after death, why do they not suicide and reap the benefits.
Suicide is not sin as Jesus did just that.

Regards
DL

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

How does the bible specify that it is talking of a spiritual death? It is assumed. For the sake of argument, let's agree that it means "spiritual death".

But... most Christian theologians seem to agree that animals do not go to heaven so the question still stands: What sins do animals commit to deny them a place in heaven?

As a non-Christian who has read and studied the Christian bible, my objective viewpoint is that this is a reference to the "original sin" concept and that it does refer to a physical death. Being a sinful human (the only kind there is, according to the bible) earns you death. Pledging fealty to Jesus is supposed to grant you everlasting life after you died from your sins. Since animals die then it must be assumed that they also have sin but, since they cannot pledge allegiance to anybody, they cannot attain everlasting life.

I also think this is why many Christians feel it is fine to eat animals and to abuse them in huge Christian-owned super farms. There are passages that excuse them from having to treat animals with decency.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Animals can not sin.

Regards
DL

What's your definition of 'destroyed'?
Physical death is not a destruction, it is a return, a homecoming. It is a cycle. They will be reborn again, eventually. We simply will wake from this dream into another one.

You can not destroy energy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

All life comes from the same source.
All death returns to the same source.
The difference is whether our soul remembers the lessons we have learned, and if we have learned all the lessons we need.

And, Jesus came to show us that Humans ARE capable of attaining everlasting life while on earth in human form. That was his purpose. Most will not. Most still lives of sin (sin literally means 'to miss the mark.') Most of us do not even strive to attain spiritual enlightenment. This does not mean it is impossible.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

The Bible speaks specifically of animals in heaven. Just because "most theologians" agree on something does not make it so. We can either believe that what scripture says is true or we can not believe it. It really is as simple as that.

Physical death is a product of nature. It is a cycle as another poster mentioned. It has nothing to do with sin. Spiritual death, on the other hand, is a direct result of sin. And to I AM- yes my opinion IS in fact of the majority.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
"Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now."

Romans 8:21-22

This verse alone shows that all creatures will enter into the glorious liberty of the children of God. What do you think that may be?

ETA: Another- "God loves all His creation and has made plans for all His children and the lesser creatures to enjoy His eternal Kingdom."

Psalm 145:-9-10,13,15-21
edit on 4-10-2012 by micmerci because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Yes, our physical bodies die. But our soul was not meant for death, however unrequited sin is the death of the soul.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Animals can't sin. Sin means doing what your conscience tell you not to. Animals do what their nature tells them to. I just had one experience of 'sin' with an animal. My cat got mad at me and I saw him deliberately put out one claw, take aim and sink it into my arm. I've never seen anything like it before or since. It was creepy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

reply to post by Cuervo

All life comes from the same source.
All death returns to the same source.
The difference is whether our soul remembers the lessons we have learned, and if we have learned all the lessons we need.

And, Jesus came to show us that Humans ARE capable of attaining everlasting life while on earth in human form. That was his purpose. Most will not. Most still lives of sin (sin literally means 'to miss the mark.') Most of us do not even strive to attain spiritual enlightenment. This does not mean it is impossible.

If all Jesus came for was to show that humans are capable of attaining everlasting life while on earth in human form, why did he have to die that horrible death?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join