It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the system rigged against exactly and why?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
A while back I saw a clip on TV of Elizabeth Warren telling her supporters that the system was rigged against them. How does she paint with such a broad brush? Who is the system rigged against specifically and how exactly was that done?

This is not a left or right issue. I have a feeling that most Americans feel like they have been slighted in one way or another. So it's not a left or right issue, so I expect to hear answers on both sides of the aisle.

However, sticking to Warrens argument, "the system is rigged against you" how did she get a leg up in a system that was rigged and the paint "you" with such a broad brush, as if you should only be so lucky to be like her?

So that said, who is the system rigged against exactly and why? Democrats, Republicans? Poor people, Rich people? White people, black people? Religious people, Jews, Christians, muslims, atheists etc? Middle class, upper class, lower class? Tax payers, welfare recipients? School teachers or students? Mothers and fathers? Single mothers or single fathers? Custodial parent or non custodial parent? Parents or children? Hard workers or full fledged slackers?

See she painted you, with a very broad brush, I think we all have our own grievances and I want to hear yours to see what grievance we all have most in common. So please for the sake of a good discussion, no straw man arguments like it was wall street or the 1% or the zionist bankers? You know who else made that argument? Hitler, later millions of people were hauled off into concentration camps and murdered in cold blood. So please no OWS talking points, I want to get down to specifics to not only hear your grievances but to diagnose the problem so we can discuss how it got this way and we can discuss possible solutions.

How is the system rigged against you? How did it get that way?
edit on 4-10-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

It dosen't matter who gets elected. The President has to do what he is told to do or wind up like JFK for example. They are puppets and we will always be the Sheepie to the system.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Hi, I appreciate your input. But this thread was not intended to be about elections. So I hope we can steer away from that topic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Here's a very simple answer for you that i think you may be able to agree with me on. The "System", or "Our System of Government" taxes everything. These collected monies are then used to support many things that are unpopular in the average American citizens minds. Wars, Bailouts, Foreign Aid, corporate subsidies, etc.. etc...

America is an experiment that had peaked shortly after the Great Depression. Sadly, as i try to analogize it for some people: we are all aboard a train that is racing toward then end of its track and there are no brakes. It does not matter who we elect as the next conductor, as they will not be able to stop the trains inevitable crash. They might be able to slow it down a bit, but like i said there are no brakes.. so whether we crash in 1 year or 4 years, the ultimate result is the same.

Sorry, but i woke up in a very dark mood today... Think i need some Xanax.... that'll make e nice and docile.. just what the system desires out of the taxed... docility...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

You seem to answer your Title within your OP - Who is the system rigged against...........

Democrats, Republicans? Poor people, Rich people? White people, black people? Religious people, Jews, Christians, muslims, atheists etc? Middle class, upper class, lower class? Tax payers, welfare recipients? School teachers or students? Mothers and fathers? Single mothers or single fathers? Custodial parent or non custodial parent? Parents or children? Hard workers or full fledged slackers?

or more plainly put: Young, Old, Rich, Poor, Free, Prisoner.

and why?

Well my guess is it has something to do with needing money and the "system" is set up so we need it to survive.

diagnose the problem so we can discuss how it got this way and we can discuss possible solutions.

Live your life where you always "give" more than "take" without wanting anything in return. The "system" relies on peoples "lust" for money & unfortunately that means "taking" a hell of a lot more than "giving".
edit on 4-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

The "system" is rigged against different types of people in different ways...to address them all would be pretty...time consuming and probably boring and beside the point that ultimately the system is rigged.

I'll narrow in on some of the obviously rigged portions of the "system".

Lobbying...obviously favors the rich...not many people can afford to feed and shelter themselves while at the same time buy politicians...the rich have the luxury of purchasing laws, and regulations or lack there of...The political game which ultimately writes this countries, laws, regulations, acts, bills etc...is exclusively available to those with "enough" extra income to buy influence and power...There are some things money shouldn't be able to buy...

Consequently, this also is a system that is rigged against the "simple man"...the simple man desires to lead simple life away from interference in others lives locally let alone on a global scale...unfortunately this lifestyle puts him at a disadvantage because there are "meddlers" out there whose time and effort is almost exclusively spent on trying to control others through polices and legislation....because those policies and legislation will ultimately effect the simple man's life...he is forced to play that game and he usually loses because due to lack of resources and his personal non meddling nature...

I feel this is a good topic and I have a ton more to add when I have more time to properly organize my thoughts...I will return with a much more thorough answer though!

edit on 4-10-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I think the private health insurance companies are rigged against all of us. This is my personal testimony and I know I am not the only one. My husband worked for the same company and held and paid for the same health insurance for 30 yrs. The most expensive procedure we ever used it for was having a baby. But then, at 54, my husband was in the hospital with an acute catastrophic illness. He could not work for 8 months, lost the job, the insurance, couldn't pay our bills, our lives just spiraled out of control because of hundreds of thousands of medical bills in 6 wks.. I was bitter for a while, but because of safety net like social security and his union pension, we have recovered somewhat after 7 yrs. We will never recover our lost property or affordable health insurance.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

Good post. I liked the last line. But as for an example of moral decay of society. I would use this as a rule of thumb when diagnosing the issues at hand.

Abused children often times grow up to become abusers themselves, of the same kind of abuse thew were victims of.

That said, some of the problems we face now is the outcome of events that some of us were not even born yet. So to diagnose this, we can't just go back and look at Obamas term or Bush's for that matter. This country has all but removed the principals of its own constitution. We have to go back at least 50 or 60 years to even begin to address some of these issues.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
So many events I've witnessed are anti human. Drones blowing up children, the NDAA, Monsanto using bribes and threats globally, chemtrails < my own view they are deliberate and very bad) flouride, radiation, 9-11-01, back-to-back "wars" which don't make sense, Hillary laughing at the sodomy and slaughter of Qaddafi who was trying to be a force of progress in that region.

The conspiracy is against humanity. Carlos Castenada likened us to livestock for the processing.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

But as for an example of moral decay of society. I would use this as a rule of thumb when diagnosing the issues at hand. Abused children often times grow up to become abusers themselves, of the same kind of abuse thew were victims of.

There was once a time in our history that "it takes an entire village to raise a child" and this philosophy sums up my stance on the theme of your post.

We have removed our collective selves from the "village mentality" so as to accommodate an increase in population and a need to survive. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way we have been hijacked by individuals whom do not have our best interests in mind and have manipulated things for the benefit of the few, at the expense of the many.

I am not from the US so I cannot comment on political specifics except to say that they themselves are mere pawns in the game - we are the spectators and the game is fast approaching its final stages. Your plight for answers would need to look back not 60 years but 6000 years - unfortunately it is too late to change things now but we can make life easier by always being kind and considerate of others and give what you can to those less fortunate.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Sublimecraft because: grammar corrections

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Your plight for answers would need to look back not 60 years but 6000 years - unfortunately it is too late to change things now but we can make life easier by always being kind and considerate of others and give what you can to those less fortunate.

Beautifully said, thank you for that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Well I was speaking generally about the system in the US. Since it was referred to as the "system" by a politician in the US. Id say it goes back further than 50 or 60 years here in the us more like 100 or more, even since its creation actions have been made to slowly degrade the document that founded this nation called the constitution.

However the system in the UK has stemmed from thousands of years of trials and tribulations, so I agree. But as for the US our problems should be more recent history, more clearly defined and easier to diagnose then the ails of thousands of years ago.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by The only 1 who knows the

Hi, I appreciate your input. But this thread was not intended to be about elections. So I hope we can steer away from that topic.

What exactly is the intent of this thread, then? Maybe my lack of understanding speaks of my own massive need for caffeine at the moment, but it seems to me you're asking for help understanding a very broad kind of comment, but you're asking for specifics -- telling responders you want to understand how the system is generally set up against "you" (as it was stated in very broad terms) and peoples' ideas on that, yet when someone responds you say this is not what you were looking for at all?

What, exactly, is your agenda?

You've heard the phrase "The Powers That Be." Let me introduce you to them:

As the post just a few from the top indicated, the system is set up against pretty much everyone, except a close-knit group of people at the very top. The ones so powerful they don't just make all the money... they literally MAKE all the money.

If you were not born into one of these families, and/or you don't have enough money to be directly interacting with them on a regular basis, YOU are one of the people the system is set up against... just like the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Which system would you be referring to? The financial system? I agree. However it does not address the system of government which is indeed separate. The government is supposed to be guided by the principals in the constitution, though we are far removed from it.

I understand that many people have grievances that are financial, I want to hear specifics and how if they are of financial nature bleed into other areas where you may have grievances that are not financial. I have no other agenda than hearing about your grievances and seeing what most grievances have in common.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Well I was speaking generally about the system in the US. Since it was referred to as the "system" by a politician in the US. Id say it goes back further than 50 or 60 years here in the us more like 100 or more, even since its creation actions have been made to slowly degrade the document that founded this nation called the constitution.

However the system in the UK has stemmed from thousands of years of trials and tribulations, so I agree. But as for the US our problems should be more recent history, more clearly defined and easier to diagnose then the ails of thousands of years ago.

Acknowledged - but I'm not from the UK either - I'm from that place they sent all their convicts all those years ago - you know, beautiful beaches, great weather, lovely ladies and cold beer.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Ah yes australia, I should have known that, I just saw the union jack silly me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Its rigged against all that is not already part of the "system", simple. Includes humans but also includes nature, and all that entails.

Its a game to the Elite. We're pawns, assets, liabilities, that's it. We're not allowed to participate.

The only time it isn't rigged against you is when you are part of it. And even then, it MUST grind at your soul, I imagine. I wouldn't know for sure, but I bet being filthy rich and part of exclusive little clubs like Bilderberg feel good on the outside while the soul is dying inside. But who knows, we're all outside of the club.

"Elections" (in quotes for a reason) are just one tiny facet of it. It doesn't matter who you vote for because both sides are bought and paid for by the Elite. Your proper choices are wiped out by any means necessary. Who is Gary Johnson? We won't hear about him until it is FAR too late. Just like Ron Paul, they will use every single trick in the book (and even make some new ones up) to keep control.

The illusion of a choice between Obama and Romney is obvious to most who post here. Being aware of it being all an illusion is one good sign that you are actually awake and aware, for instance.

Here's the only things you need to know: War is perpetuated to keep the petro-dollar in control. Look at the elections and all the warmongering as nothing more than what it is, which is the Federal reserve and Elite making aggressive attempts to keep control, even at the expense of a WWIII.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Thats not the way it is written in the constitution.

So if the system is rigged, somebody must have rigged it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

The "system" is rigged against the everyday average person. Always has been. Our current system is the best that I can find, as much as I hate to say. But it is barely better than serfdom in extracting value from the efforts of the poor and filtering it up to the rich. Consider this: how many minimum wage workers can bank? Just 1 overdraft fee....that is 10% of their weeks pay. And when you live on a shoestring, there is no room for losing 10% of a weeks pay for some silly oversight.

Many have a checking account, get burned, and spend a year recovering financially from not knowing the ins and outs of the banking system. I have run hotels before, and not a single housekeeper has ever worked for me and had direct deposit. Why?

And what effect does this have on them? First, it limits availability to credit, primarily. This means that to get anything they pay premium prices for "high risk" lines of credit. And, of course, living on a shoestring, they are bound to miss a few payments and never reach that 800 credit score.

But consider that even buying furniture is made worse. You pay twice as much for inferior products. Or how about food? The foods that minimum wage employees can afford to eat is also the most fattening. This has many effects rippling from it. At heavier weights you wear out furniture MUCH more quickly, your clothing is more expensive, you miss more work (which you can't afford) because of more health issues from weight, your work life is shortened reducing your earning potential in years where healthy people begin to acquire wealth.

To be poor is a huge, heavy weight that you have to fight, as if it were a titan, to escape.

On New Years Eve 2000 I was working my second job as a night shift attendant in a nursing home. Among the worst jobs you can think of having, especially when the nursing home is circling the drain to begin with (it closed in 2001). I escaped poverty. But I am smarter than your average bear, too. Not everyone can do what I have done, or find the opportunities I have found. I know how hard it is to be poor. I have seen how the system is rigged against the poor. I have seen it from many levels along the way as I have climbed the ladders of labor and society. Being just a poor redneck, I empathize with my employees, and I can promise you that the system is rigged against them, to keep them poor.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

reply to post by fourthmeal

Thats not the way it is written in the constitution.

So if the system is rigged, somebody must have rigged it.

How do you untangle the web? The rigging isn't someone rigging it insomuch as it is just that way. Obviously, if you want credit and have never finished paying something off, you are a higher risk. How would you offset this risk, other than to make the loan payments higher to ensure you recover your losses (play the numbers game)?

Food items that aren't as fattening....they cost more to produce. How do you charge less for products that cost more?

Of course, there is rigging along the way. But that is through the apathy and stupidity of our forefathers and ourselves. We have allowed our system to be taken away by grandiose and confusing verbage. We have allowed incantations of wizardry to confound us. When you ask who did it, you have to realize that it was WE THE PEOPLE that did this, and we did it to ourselves. Blame your parents, blame your grandparents, and then blame yourself.

I know the system is rigged. And I make this knowledge part of my strategy. The system is rigged against people who are not insightful enough to figure out workarounds. And when you fail to figure out a workaround, you become just another cog in the wheel of the global financial machine.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join