It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US third party debate scheduled for Oct 23

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think the basic premise of limiting the number of candidates to participate at any given debate is sound, but some things are unfair. For example 1)both republican and democrat candidates SHOULD NOT have the right to block candidates that meet the necessary requirements from participating. 2)15% support by each major poll is not reasonable when non-major party candidates do not get proper media exposure. 3)Candidates should HAVE NO RIGHT to know the questions in advance; I want an impromptu debate to see who knows what they are talking about.

Lastly we need to end or limit the first amendment in relation to campaign contributions. A vote tax should pay EQUALLY for all registered parties and their candidates that meet the necessary requirements.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

Hmmm...an auspicious date. Here's what else has happened on Oct 23rd throughout history.

42 BC – Roman Republican civil wars: Second Battle of Philippi – Mark Antony and Octavian decisively defeat Brutus's army. Brutus commits suicide.

1157 – The Battle of Grathe Heath ends the civil war in Denmark. King Sweyn III is killed and Valdemar I restores the country.

1641 – Outbreak of the Irish Rebellion of 1641.

1642 – Battle of Edgehill: First major battle of the First English Civil War.

1812 – Claude François de Malet, a French general, begins a conspiracy to overthrow Napoleon Bonaparte, claiming that the Emperor died in Russia and that he is now the commandant of Paris.

1850 – The first National Women's Rights Convention begins in Worcester, Massachusetts, United States.

1915 – Woman's suffrage: In New York City, 25,000-33,000 women march on Fifth Avenue to advocate their right to vote.

1917 – Lenin calls for the October Revolution.

1929 – Great Depression: After a steady decline in stock market prices since a peak in September, the New York Stock Exchange begins to show signs of panic.

1956 – Thousands of Hungarians protest against the government and Soviet occupation.

1973 – A United Nations sanctioned cease-fire officially ends the Yom Kippur War between Israel and Syria.

1998 – Israeli-Palestinian Conflict: Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Palestinian Chairman Yasser Arafat reach a "land for peace" agreement.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I can't wait for this, I'm going to encourage as many people as I can to watch this.

I hope you all do the same!

Make sure you RSVP, I'm sure the more people that they have RSVP'd they could probably bring some sponsors on to alleviate some of their own campaign costs so they can use that money to actually campaign.
edit on 5-10-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Democracy now hosted an expansion of the debates and allowed Jill Stien and Rocky Anderson to give their responses to the questions asked to Obama and Romney. They also invited Gary Johnson but he didn't attend.

This is a preview to two of the candidates who will debate on the 23rd.

www.democracynow.org...

edit on 6-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join