It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Experiencing Phone Or Internet Signal Problems?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I just had like 4 text messages sent to me 12 hours after the person said they sent them. I also kept getting data roaming
warnings inside my house last week.
edit on 5/10/12 by DOMDmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Have you contacted your LOCAL service provider.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I have been having trouble with my internet connection, phone calls getting dropped, messages not coming through until a few hours after they were originally sent. The cable was pixelated most of yesterday, tried reseting the modem and cable box, didn't work at the time. Weird, I thought it was just crappy Comcast (Xfinity) and crappy T-mobile, but maybe something else is going on? Won't jump to conclusions yet. (In Oregon)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I have been having troubles with them for the last twelve hours or so. Not that it bothers me much it just is unusual. The internet is coming and going. It will work for ten minutes and then cut out.

All the time...

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
My IPhone calls have been getting dropped very often also in the past few months here in Canada. It's slightly odd because before a few months, I had no issues ever, maybe a couple calls a month in 4 years. Now this...

Little wild to see others have noticed this also, makes me feel less crazy.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Have had problems the last six months.

Even at home where we have a 30/3 mbit line streams seem to be lagging, like the ISP is throttling streams or so.
At work we have 30/30 and even here, with the computer no more than 10 meters from the router in a open room with no walls to block the signal, I will get drop offs regularly along the day. Pages hanging, streams slow.

Regarding the phone signal; it's funny how when the Galaxy S2 is lying on the table it seems to have H+ but as soon as you pick it up and start using the web you go almost straight to Edge.
I can't remember the last time I had a stable H+ signal.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
In Cape Town South Africa it’s the same. Drop calls, delayed e-mails and delayed text. After 3min my calls get charged less per minute and each time it drops a call it’s after the 3min and then I have to call back. Someone is making a heap of cash because of al the drop calls.

P.S. And what the hell is going on with You Tube- been slow and cutting out.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
My wifi goes on and off all day but that's been happening for months now. I think it's normal for a linksys router. It started the day after I got a smart meter if that means anything. My garage door stopped working as well around same time. I've heard smart meters can interfere with RF signals. So in my case I have to blame that, or I could be wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
yea here in new zealand my internet just wont load and then a couple minutes later its sweet but cuts out every so often. hasnt happened before. only started yesturday. cellphone is fine though

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Yes cell phone not working properly as in my card is not taking to my phone for it's refill of my minutes.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
happened to me in NY last night. I kept dropping calls which never happens and then my internet kept cutting out. Took forever to load one page that usually would load in a few seconds.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
North East here, i have an Iphone 3gs and my 3g connection keeps cutting out and my signal drops randomly, than it goes into "E" mode and i have to turn off 3g mode manually and turn it back on.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Having more problems today then yesterday.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes, my entire household has been having problems with our devices, even the TV was sketching out yesterday. Things have been acting up for closer to 48 hours here now, but yesterday was the worst.I think I managed to get an entire 2 or 3 news stories read yesterday because the internet has been slow and spotty. We have 2 cell phones on 2 different networks, my hubby has an iphone and i have the cheapest thing I could get, so we were puzzled by that too.My husband supports me and sees the writing on the wall in general, but he rarely buys into the conspiracy theories. I asked him if this was a testing of the kill switch and he just looked at me and said " I hope so", and he meant it. I will come back and read the other responses shortly, I have to get a munchkin to a bus stop soon. We are in Alaska, btw.
edit on 5-10-2012 by woodsmom because: added location

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

We have satellite tv here, and yes twice a year there are some patchy reception due to the alignment of the earth and the moon and the satellites.I am not familiar with the intricate details,sorry. It has NEVER behaved like this before though, and NEVER affected our phones or internet like this. Doesn't it also stand to reason that if it was an alignment issue, that I could not possibly be having the same type of interference in Alaska as someone in Algeria?
Please correct me if I am wrong, this has been bugging us for a couple of days now too, and it bugs me more that it seems to be a worldwide phenomenon.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Southern Ohio here. Last evening my Internet was very slow, emails took a long time to load. I have Time Warner Fast Ethernet, Cable TV, and Phone. Phone worked flawlessly, and my wireless modem was outputting fine, but my own connection was very slow. Same this morning. Thunderbird downloaded the emails, but could not display any images. Firefox could not display pages.
Then just a few minutes ago, it came back strong. Loads pages ultra fast now.
Sunspot activity?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Pac NW, US- Later last night/morning, service down, home wi fi tested fine. Only the net was down. Now it seems fine.
edit on 5-10-2012 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, it has been slow and today it is still slow (internet).

What I thought was interesting was Sept 26 on the way to work xm radio kept going out and it NEVER does that on my drive to work. While at work the same day the power went out about five times for about a minute each time. They just told us that something on the roof was malfunctioning. That night we had our first good thunderstorm in months.

I always keep my eye on weird things like this. Interesting!

Oh and edit to add: I've read a few times this week that xbox live has gone down as well.
edit on 5-10-2012 by LoveyLadybug because: just add one more thing I thought of

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Yes! Even here in South Africa we are getting frustrated.

When a phone call comes in I can have a conversation for about 1min 30 sec and then it starts breaking up and soon becomes totally lost. I sent smses while at work today at 13:03 and only realised that I had no reply when I got home this evening. Then I noticed that my smses did not even go through! I had plenty of airtime and tried to make a call but my phone would not, and came up with some message. Pity i did not take more notice of what it said. In the end I had to switch off my phone, take battery and sim out and restart. Presto, I could send smses and call. Reception is extremely poor and almost impossible to hear the other person for longer than 2 minutes. aaaagh!

It has been bad for about 2 weeks here. Internet taking absolute ages to connect, looses connection during browsing and at times are to slow to bare. Not my pc's problem. I have a great system.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I lost internet banking. and all other legal online services.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join