It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Experiencing Phone Or Internet Signal Problems?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I live in SoCal as well, and have not been experiencing connectivity issues. However, I have been experiencing odd electrical phenomena.

Has anyone considered our own magnetosphere as the culprit. Considering the pole activity, weather, et al excluding the Sun as the source, perhaps we should consider the Earths core as the culprit?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I have been having troubles with them for the last twelve hours or so. Not that it bothers me much it just is unusual. The internet is coming and going. It will work for ten minutes and then cut out. No problems with my equipment or connection either. My Iphone is dropping and failing calls left and right as well. My first thought was solar activity but their is very minimal activity at this time. I can't figure it out so I though I would ask around and see if anyone else is experiencing the same difficulties.

It's funny I came a across this post. I've had FIOS cable for six years, never had a issue with TV picture. Two nights ago the picture was "pixellating" in and out for a few hours, no matter what channel. Then today at my place of employment we suffered a momentary power outage, which never happens. The last time it happened was about 20 years ago during preplanned "rolling brownouts" on an extremely hot day. Something has been happening the past few days as far as electromagnetic signals when it comes to my cable/office building.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Interesting it happened in India and probably can find it many places

MUMBAI: Mumbaikars watching their favourite afternoon shows were in for interruptions on both Tuesday and Wednesday when their television screens went blank.
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

BUt the interesting thing is I can find sites talking of regular problem resulting from sun earth alignment with their satlites, but I can't find any such information that is not new. If this is a regular occurrence in Spring and Fall as they say why is there no old info sites about that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UnBreakable

I had forgotten that, we also have had pixelation and other oddities before todays blackouts. Been going on for maybe a few weeks or so and some odd phone things my husband has complained of.

OH and last night about 8pm or so, I accused my poor husband of turning off the cable box by accidnt and he could not figure out how he did it...lol it went off then too!
edit on 4-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahybrid
I live in SoCal as well, and have not been experiencing connectivity issues. However, I have been experiencing odd electrical phenomena.

Has anyone considered our own magnetosphere as the culprit. Considering the pole activity, weather, et al excluding the Sun as the source, perhaps we should consider the Earths core as the culprit?

That's kind of the way I am leaning on this one. Or a combination of many things.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
No problem here. Everything is and has been working fine.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I just remembered i made a thread last year wen i was having similar problems.
Just look at the date i made it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

For anyone who is interested in cutting edge.

Complete Guide to Government Surveillance and Technology 2012

govspyinyourhome.blog.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
My Internet service has cut out or stopped working several times. I blame Sprint and or CenturyLink since they seem to have a monopoly on the phone service. Even worse, it often affects not just my area but often other parts of SC since my ISP locates me as living over 200 miles away in Eastern NC. For the last few days though, everything seems to be working ok. That seems to be borderline unusual. It's just a matter of time before I believe I'll lose service.

I heard a strange click on my phone just recently as if someone was listening from the start and then hung up after a few minutes. That was strange.
edit on 4/10/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Between Cyberwarfare Drills and legit hacks its no mystery communications are disrupted

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by Char-Lee

I just remembered i made a thread last year wen i was having similar problems.
Just look at the date i made it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah some evidence that they did not just make up that line for us now.

mine is charter cable internet and Tv.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Mine is a bit slow. I went to Speedtest and my download is only 5.83 mb per second. Upload speed is only .74 mb per second. Ping is 49. My download should be 8 mb and upload 1.5 mb per second.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
I check my speed all the time.

Average is 10 mbps

Last three weeks average is about 1.5. And in the last week slower that dial-up during peak daytime.
Also in the last week ISP interruptions every few minutes...about ten times an hour.

satellite tv is working fine though

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I'm actually having great internet for a change and it has been a hit and miss thing for quite awhile. I also just put in a commercial grade router after after two cheaper ones go bad back to back on me. It's obviously something though.... This shows 'something' happening in graphics.

Source - Internet Traffic Report

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amandla
Interesting, but yes, I´ve had bad connection about last 12 hours. Internet has been just gone several times, then comes back. Maybe Sun and magnetic field interrupting a bit.

Kind of assuming, no?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
The WiFi "channels" on most B, G & N systems (2.4GHz band) overlap. This means that if you are on channel 1 & your neighbor is on channel 3, then they are interfering with each other & both need to be moved to channel numbers further apart.

To truly separate the bands so they don't interfere, you must use channels 1, 3 & 11 (in the US). These channels do not overlap & interfere with each other.

There are monitor apps (like NetStumbler) which are free to download to ensure you are selecting the right channel to inter-operate with adjacent WiFi's.

Also, in Australia, Europe, New Zealand and Japan, the band allocated to 2.4GHz is bigger than in the US (in Japan there are four non-overlapping bands).

Another rule of thumb, if you go higher in frequency, you can get a faster throughput BUT lower frequencies travel further! If you are less than 30 feet from your AP with no intervening obstacles, go for the highest frequency (highest channel) you can.

Also, be aware that wireless 'phone handsets also use the 2.4GHz band & many 'channel hop' to get the best signal & this heavily stuffs with WiFi. Keep them away (physically distant) from Your WiFi if possible.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Well I recognize a pattern here the southern half of the USA is having the worst time of it...here in Florida it's been like hell and with tv cable as well going wonky periodically even when there are no storms. Here in Florida for me it's been doing it since the day I got here in st pete, in MARCH!
So annoying...it really is. I also put it down to being bad solar flares.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Internet has been spotty here the last week or so, definitely a noticeable decrease in speed.

Cell phone signal has always been garbage around here so hard telling; it seems unchanged to me.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
NorCal here, cable internet company says nothing is wrong.

Decided to try a new anti-virus and see if something like was the problem after running all my usual tools.

I normal get speeds of 30mb only getting 3-5mb's. It was while waiting for the new anti-virus to run it's scan that I happened upon this thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join