It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone Else Experiencing Phone Or Internet Signal Problems?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Hmm, curiously my work is also experiencing a hiccup. Calls can come in, but none can be made out. We have a T1 connection.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

See what happens when I don't visit often? That probably the answer.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
www.internettrafficreport.com...

Looks like something went down in a 6 hour window.

No problems in NorCal so far.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
At work the other night, one phone called another phone, and neither of the people at the phones said they made the call to the other person. Strange!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Foundryman

You just had to throw that "T1" comment out there..lol stars for you!!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know my internet and phone signal on my phone has been way off for the past 8 days or so. Today it appears to be running ok for now.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Yes, for about a week. I haven't had to reset my modem/wireless router for over a year and it has been excellent, but it was all wonky about a week ago and I had to reset. In the past few days my phone has struggled with wifi and cell signal reception and speed.

Odd for me for sure, thanks for the thread.

Although, I would guess that with as many users as are on ATS you could make this thread at any given time and generate a similar set of replies, since it's relatively common for issues like this to arise and so many potential points of failure.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Yea i believe you are right, i have been having trouble wth the internet the past week which is strange simply because i never have trouble with it. Failed loading web pages, it cuts in an out, also cell phones around here and in town have been failing and losing signal. This epidemic will probably get worse if there is something to this and it continues. Keep safe everyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I believe the problems your having is due to the recent CME's from the sun. The sun has been very active lately and most of it has been in earths direction.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

First off I am having the same problems I just purchased a new IPHONE and every single time I tried calling or recieving a call the last day or so it drops in and out ( never had these probs ).. just bought it and was seriously thinking it might be my area and giving them a call about this .... I just thought maybe the heavy rain we are having could disrupt service..don't know but highly dispointed in my new IPHONE hope it's just glitch.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

You bought an iPhone?! Say what?!
Just joking.

I have been having problems with my Android based phone, as well, just yesterday. Hopefully it will all be over and done with by the 10th.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZenTimes
I believe the problems your having is due to the recent CME's from the sun. The sun has been very active lately and most of it has been in earths direction.

Right now the Kp index is at a 0 and the max for the next 24 hours is a 1. My stuff is still acting up. I have never had this much difficulty even during strong geomagnetic storms. I just don't think it is solar related at this point in time.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Just visiting this site caused lags in my internet

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Catacomb

Yeah Yeah getting up there in the world I am.... taking a pathetic time for me to get used to it tho... ha ha it's crazy I have to use the "home phone" for the last 2 day's no one knows who the heck I am they are so used to my cell... just wish this nightmare over with soon!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
im just outside of toronto, some of my local tv channels(rogers) are blacked out, cell and internet ok, some text come and go couple hours later tho.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I was just yesterday, I thought it was because Obama was staying 100ft from where I work at the Marriott in Denver there was snipers on the roof! They shut down our most major highway and there were some crazy cop cars everywhere with some sort of weird radar type things on their roofs...anyway I kinda just though perhaps they were scrambling or jamming signals.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by starlitestarbrite

You know, I didn't even think about using a regular old home phone. I will have to test that out, and see if there is any interference. It's been a while since I used one of those clunkers.
Amazing how quickly we get used to new technology, and forget about what we used pretty recently.

Anyway, good luck!
edit on 4-10-2012 by Catacomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No
I live in Southern cali and are experiencing excellent internet speeds.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by usmc0311
I have been having troubles with them for the last twelve hours or so. Not that it bothers me much it just is unusual. The internet is coming and going. It will work for ten minutes and then cut out. No problems with my equipment or connection either. My Iphone is dropping and failing calls left and right as well. My first thought was solar activity but their is very minimal activity at this time. I can't figure it out so I though I would ask around and see if anyone else is experiencing the same difficulties.

Perhaps if you paid more attention to NOAA, NASA and USGS, you might find out we have been being bombarded by CME (Coronal Mass Ejections) from the Sun on 10-1-2012. G3 CME's will knock out communications or even just distrupt it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Labrynth2012

Originally posted by usmc0311
I have been having troubles with them for the last twelve hours or so. Not that it bothers me much it just is unusual. The internet is coming and going. It will work for ten minutes and then cut out. No problems with my equipment or connection either. My Iphone is dropping and failing calls left and right as well. My first thought was solar activity but their is very minimal activity at this time. I can't figure it out so I though I would ask around and see if anyone else is experiencing the same difficulties.

Perhaps if you paid more attention to NOAA, NASA and USGS, you might find out we have been being bombarded by CME (Coronal Mass Ejections) from the Sun on 10-1-2012. G3 CME's will knock out communications or even just distrupt it.

I know these things. However there is nothing bombarding us today. There is a kp index of 0 right now and a 1 max for the next 24 hours. So I don't believe this is solar related. Those large sunspots have stayed relatively quiet in the last few days as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join