It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are these? Who made them?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Not sure where to put this and since I can't figure out what there are or who made them and why, I'll just leave it in the UFO section.... for now.

They seem to be spaced fearly even and go on for miles. I have found them throughout the country, so I will give some coordinates.

They look like giant ant holes or something.
Anyone have a clue? If they are man made, what are they, and why so many and why in the middle of nowhere?
They are in pretty straight lines at times. Wonder if you play connect the dots what you will find

Thanks in advance.

Google earth:

Lat 32°37'41.92"N
Long 53°45'52.31"E

Lat 32°28'27.89"N
Long 53°52'52.96"E

Lat 29°10'17.98"N
Long 58°13'19.96"E (Lots of them)

Lat 29° 7'30.75"N
Long 58°14'54.23"E

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightfury

They seem to be located near EQ sites. The city of Bam was devestated by one in 2003.

Maybe they are test drilling sites for geaoligists? Trying to predict the next big one, ot looking for Oil/Natural gas?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I've seen something similar in another thread, located on mountains I think they were used to collect rain water, but I can't remember the civilisation they belonged to.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
There is underground rivers in Iran.I believe the ancients dug the holes to follow the system.Because of the tectonic plate movement in the area,the river periodically changes course.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Uh... tracks?

Can't really say, I don't have any scale or know what the surface consists of.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Qanats.

Qanats are constructed as a series of well-like vertical shafts, connected by gently sloping tunnels. Qanats tap into subterranean water in a manner that efficiently delivers large quantities of water to the surface without need for pumping.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks...looks exactly like it.

This scale model in a museum in Turfan shows how the water is collected from mountains and transported underground to agriculture fields.

Source

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thanks for the info, it's pretty fasinating how they do it. I've never heard of Qanats before. Wonder how long it took to dig all those holes

Thanks again

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
hi Qanats means 'channels' , it a arabic name , anyway they are wells-like vertical shafts, connected by gently sloping tunnels. Qanats tap into subterranean water in a manner that efficiently delivers large quantities of water to the surface without need for pumping.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Fascinating. Iv seen these my self on Google earth and wondered what they are. I am now less ignorant then i was yesterday. Thanks for the post!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Also might consider: they may be a wind farm. Vertical axis wind turbines.

Never Know.

top topics

join