It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World Record or Animal Cruelty

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I was looking at this page for the worlds largest dog, a great dane. But to me and many other posters on the site say the dog is seriously underweight.

What do you dog owners think of the dogs weight?

www.petside.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I don't believe so, look at the physique of this breed and you will see he is along the same shape and weight, besides some dogs tend to be skinny, not to mention you have to think about how much food that dog has to eat to gain weight and if its not in his genes he simply wont.

My German shepherd gets cooked food specially for him and eats twice a day yet refuses to gain any weight, we have tried many types of dog food and nothing so don't blame the owners.

Makes me think of the tallest man in the world
www.popular-pics.com...
He looks skinny, almost under nourished buts simply the condition that caused him to be so tall (Like the dog) giving him the physique.
edit on 4-10-2012 by CesarO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by CesarO

Thanks for the reply. I know grey hounds and lurchers are naturally thin, but I didn't think great danes were. Thanks for the input.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Well, he does look a bit under weight. It's not the ribs, but the spine and hips that bother me, I've read that you are suppose to be able to see where the ribs are. I had read that they claimed he ate 30 lbs. a day, which I don't believe. I've had English Mastiffs and they don't eat a third of that.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Danes are naturally thin,however the rule of thgumb used by vets is the dogs ribs should be easily felt ,but not seen. By this measure I would say that he's a little underweight.

This dogs metabolism is more than likely very high allowing him to grow so large. He probably eats alot but doesn't put on much bulk. I'd be willing to bet he gets alot of exercise as well.

His muscle tone looks good.I think he's too skinny.Glad I don't have to clean up after him, Id need a coal shovel.

edit on 10/4/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I would say he's at a good weight, I keep my dogs slightly on the thin side myself. I don't believe in letting dogs become obese like too many americans are.
I would say my dogs haven't suffered any due to my one dog being 20 years old! The other one has pancreatitis and I have to be extremely careful not to overfeed her or it makes her sick.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
He is a little on the thin side.

new topics

top topics

join