It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney Supporters: What policies that Romney talked about in the debate did you like?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix

I really didn't know Romney was the champion of States rights, I think this is news to everyone. I'm sure Ron Paul and his supporters would have something to say about that.

I guess some people don't understand that "states rights" is a code word used by Republicans that they use when they want to cut a program that people like or depend on.

They can say, "Oh, I'm not cutting it, I'm giving it back to the states". What they really mean is "Yes, I'm cutting it, but I'll say the States can pick it up if they want, even though I am fully aware that the individual States can't afford to implement it".

As an American, I don't believe that things like Education and Healthcare should be left up to the States, which will ultimately be left up to the individual communities. Which translates into the rich getting good education and healthcare and the poor once again getting the shaft.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

It was one debate. Romney was way behind coming in and needed to do something, and did. He'll likely get a bump out of this - he certainly won't suddenly be ahead in the polls, he'll likely just be slightly less way behind. Neither changed the substance of their platform (although you could argue that Romney did) - there are 2 more debates and Obama will likely only get better, and Romney certainly can get a lot worse. So relax and look at the big picture.

Oh, there is no doubt Romney will get a bump, most likely in the national polling. It's less likely he will get a significant bump in many swing states.

But he can't sustain that bump, because he can't defend what he said on that stage because the facts don't back up what he said.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

I like that he's yanking public television from poor kids and that he supports burning coal and drilling for oil in protected lands.

I also like that he is leaving coverage for preexisting conditions up to the state so if medical care providers don't want to cover you - they don't have to.

This makes insurers a lot of money which they can re-invest in the economy by buying yachts and private jets, which I think we need more of in this country.

I also love that he intends to give more support to the military since it was getting kind of small and we still have a few young men here at home. I would like to ship those fellas off to war zones too, if we can get them assigned.

With Romney s sucking up and Israels cooperation, maybe we can get a good mid-east conflict going, and finally drag Iran into a street fight.

edit on 4-10-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I like that it was all BAIT.
the SWITCH is after Romney's elected.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hey guys have you heard?

Obama got his ass handed to him b Romney...

worst debate performance since carter....worst...since carter....

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I liked it when he said he was going to end the war on drugs, it's about time.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Don't forget his pledge to appoint a "Vampire Czar" to oversee a nationwide effort to eradicate the US of vampires. It is just that kind of "thinking outside the box" that matters most at times like these.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Dude or Dudette, I'm sorry you don't like Romney. You will get over it.

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Did you like the part where he said he is going to take common tax deductions away from the middle class?
Along with cutting the overall tax rate which will keep tax level the same.

Did you like the part where he is going to cut education funding?
Throwing money at education doesn't work. You need to reward those schools and teachers that produce productive students and fire those that don't. It's pretty simple when you do things like that. More money for education isn't really the solution to the problem.

Did you like the part where he is going to systematically bankrupt medicare?
It's already going that direction, you can't keep the status quo, something different will have to be done to maintain things. What's your idea?

Did you like the part where he says he is going to remove the regulations on Wall Street?
He hasn't said that. Some adjusting of regulations is probably needed. More regulations in some areas, less in others.

What I really like is the idea that rather than tax everyone to death, why don't we just try to get America back working....... the increased revenues from taxing working people rather than paying out unemployment and food stamps sounds like a much better plan than making everyone dependent on the Government.

At this point in America I'd rather have a business person running things rather than President Obama. He just doesn't have a clue ...... 3 1/2 years into his Presidency he wants to be concerned about getting America working and being bipartisan. I'm done with Amateurs running things economically, throwing money against a wall to see what sticks.

Romney is right..... Obama was more concerned about Obamacare passing rather than getting America working as his first priority. Misplaced priorities have doomed Obama and more importantly set back our Country probably a decade.

I'm sure President Obama will be good working with Habitat for Humanity. That Nobel Peace Prize will come in useful there!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle
reply to post by Phoenix

I really didn't know Romney was the champion of States rights, I think this is news to everyone. I'm sure Ron Paul and his supporters would have something to say about that.

Each and every chance last night Romney came out with ideas promoting state control of programs. I happen to like that very much as really all politics are local, the closer to home the better politicians can be managed.

I guess some people don't understand that "states rights" is a code word used by Republicans that they use when they want to cut a program that people like or depend on.

Whats misrepresented here is the tax funds remaining in-state for these programs that no longer will be redistibuted by a capricious federal government granting favors based on party lines as it is now.

They can say, "Oh, I'm not cutting it, I'm giving it back to the states". What they really mean is "Yes, I'm cutting it, but I'll say the States can pick it up if they want, even though I am fully aware that the individual States can't afford to implement it".

And this is where the divergence is, redistribution of income or legalized theft to be blunt. The country was not founded on any principle such as that and we all know it. Largesse from the federal government has made people lazy and inactive regarding what their own state provides or does not provide which is after-all up to its voting population. Letting the federal government usurp this power has in effect promulgated the growth of the beast into trillion dollar debts. I think it should be up to the voters of each state to decide whats affordable.

As an American, I don't believe that things like Education and Healthcare should be left up to the States, which will ultimately be left up to the individual communities. Which translates into the rich getting good education and healthcare and the poor once again getting the shaft.

I grew up in the high tax state of NY, in a time before gargantuan federal government involvement in individuals lives. Doctors house visit in late 60's with no insurance was $35 cash which I guess with inflation still would be less than most folks cell phone bills today. What happened? Lawyers, Sham Judges, Insurance and pharma company lobby, Politicians on the take and the federal government along with a public educated to think everything is a right and should be absolutely free - yes healthcare used to be affordable. Anything that unwinds the tentacles is fine by me.

My parents taught in one room schools had a very superior education at a very low locally controlled cost, I also had a good education in 60's and 70's public schools which still had academic achievement as a goal. Now it seems the more money poured in the worse the education, why? Lack of local control in curriculum, Lawers, Unions and Federal programs taking up teaching hours along with no or little expectation of teacher merit - its a cluster you know what thats just a big black money soaking bottomless pit turning out mediocre students.

As I grew up it was expected that individual effort was required to pull oneself up by the bootstraps, trust me we were poor, very poor but were instilled with enough pride to go out and work hard to get ahead, none came easy and it took decades to get where I am now secure - I have little use for those who've tryed by legal theft or other means to shortcut the work it takes to do that - I do not respect those who expect all to be given or easy, thats not what this country is about.

I started with a $600 stake and moved 1600 miles to make my way in a state that had its stuff together at age 18 so don't try to tell me I was lucky or advantaged, I simply voted with my feet which was how the founders expected.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Rmoney ending the war on drugs?! You've got to be kidding!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-10-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

I admired the way he kept a straight face while telling bald faced lies. Man should be on the professional poker circut.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rastus3663

I admired the way he kept a straight face while telling bald faced lies. Man should be on the professional poker circut.
Yeah, we get it, the left's new talking point and how they think they can get over this pain of their messiah being used as a dirty mop is to say Romney lied.

Obama gave the worst debate performance since Carter....worst....since Carter...absolutely the worst...

ps: it's spelled circuit

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978

Originally posted by KaiserSoze

Rmoney ending the war on drugs?! You've got to be kidding!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 4-10-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

I read that comment as pure, brilliant sarcasm, but evidently it went over a few heads.

I thought the "Vampire Czar" comment would have been a tip-off. Guess not.
edit on 5-10-2012 by VariableConstant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

Obama gave the worst debate performance since Carter....worst....since Carter...absolutely the worst...

How many more times are you planning on saying that same sentence?? I think four times should suffice....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I have t0 agree, 0bama gave the w0rst debate performance since 1980....w0rst....since 1980...abs0lutely the w0rst...

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Thunderheart

How many more times are you planning on saying that same sentence?? I think four times should suffice....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
10th amendment.

Healthcare and education ALL back into the states control.

Ya, all so schools can institutionalize religious and insurance companies
can screw people over easier.
edit on 5-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Of course they are confused because they are morons to begin with. Yay Romney won, so what if he got in front of the American people and walked back or denied everything he has been saying for the past year? It is kind of hard to have a debate where one of the participants just simply changes positions when his previously stated positions will cause trouble for him.

And the worst part of the whole matter is these are the same people that crucified John Kerry for the same reasons. They said he looked too French, attacked his service record and then demonized him for protesting a war that he fought in. Now they cheer the coward that was happy to support that war, support the draft that kept it going and then went to live in France to avoid it.

Whatever it takes to win right? Who really cares what a man who had zero care for his fellow citizens lives as a young man did right? Who really cares what a man who showed zero care for his fellow citizens lives as he decimated their jobs and stole their pensions did, right? Just so long as he can attack the scary black man in office. So on November 6 go ahead and vote for the draft dodging corporate raider. He will happily take your health, so long as his friends profit. He will happily take your wealth so his friends can profit. And he will happily take your home so his friends can profit. He will happily take your children so his friends can profit. And you guessed it he will do it without a care in the world.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17

Originally posted by Destinyone

I really liked the part where he said to Obama...you've had 4 years to reduce the deficit. You said you'd cut the deficit in half, and you haven't, you've added another trillions dollars.

Yeah...I liked that part a lot....

Des

He didn't cut the deficit but he didn't double it either.

It’s not true that Obama “doubled” the deficit. He inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit and deficits have remained at or above that level, as Romney said, every year since then. Romney is right, however, that Obama has not kept his promise to cut the deficit in half.

Fact Check

yeah...Obama should have sent troops over to congress and forced at gunpoint the republican house to vote for his deficit reduction legislation.....

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:24 AM
link   
gee, i can't wait to have a hedge fund manager as president....and coming off the worst recession since the 1930's, yeah...good pick

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by tport17

Originally posted by Destinyone

I really liked the part where he said to Obama...you've had 4 years to reduce the deficit. You said you'd cut the deficit in half, and you haven't, you've added another trillions dollars.

Yeah...I liked that part a lot....

Des

He didn't cut the deficit but he didn't double it either.

It’s not true that Obama “doubled” the deficit. He inherited a $1.2 trillion deficit and deficits have remained at or above that level, as Romney said, every year since then. Romney is right, however, that Obama has not kept his promise to cut the deficit in half.

Fact Check

yeah...Obama should have sent troops over to congress and forced at gunpoint the republican house to vote for his deficit reduction legislation.....

Troops in Who's Congress ?

Looks like the 111th Congress (Jan 2009 thru Jan 2011) may have Tripled the annual deficits overall ... not "doubled"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join