It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Cats and Black Cats in Kentucky.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2016 @ 04:17 PM
link   
My uncle, in his 50's lives out RT.1 In Greenup co, has his whole life, just a few miles from Greenbo state Park. Papaw who is pushing 90 lives pretty much next door. Couple years ago my uncle was telling me the neighbors had been telling them to watch out for a HUGE BLACK CAT, they had been surprised by it when going out their back door one night, and actually had one ,or the same one, stalking him and his little granddaughter as they were walking down a path with high grass on both sides, trying to go fishing at a pond down the road. Said he got his pistola ready and eased on outta there. My uncle said the same thing... THERES NO CATS AROUND HERE. Well a week later he was coming home from working midnights,about 1/4 mile from his road and he damn near hit it. Said from nose to tail it stretched 3/4 across the 2 lane road. Big, BIG black cat, and it was heading right up towards his house. He tells me this when im out there, and it's pitch black outside, he lives at the dead end of the holler, totally surrounded by woods, no outside lights at all, and to get to my car is a cpl hundred foot walk. I was extremely uneasy. Papaw said he had been hearing ear piercing cat calls now and then long before the neighbors saw it. Needless to say i put 4 dusk till dawn lights and 6 motion activated floodlights up for papaw shortly after. My uncle....i offered but he declined. He's hardcore like that, and it almost cost him within the last 6 months cause he was walking to the truck, plate of food in hand, he opened the truck door and when the outside lights came on he was staring at a bear, in front of the truck. Tried to run it off, nothing. Started the truck, nothing. He said it acted like he didn't even see him. He refuses to shoot it or trap it, and he's a HUNTER! ! Not sure of the color but neither him or papaw would lie about that. So i say yes. Extinction my ass.

<< 1  2   >>

join