It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angel Possession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
In the new testament, we are told that many sicknesses were caused by demon possession. Jesus cured some by casting out the demons.

Most Christians accept that Satan and the other demons are fallen Angels.

My question, then, is if demons can possess people, can Angels also?
And if Angels did possess people, what would be the result?

edit on 4/10/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

Demons are nephil spirits not angels.

Demons is simply another name for ghosts, giants, djinn, negative entities, the Rephaim, ancestral guardians, eternally dead and the damned.

If a angel entered a host body the result would be possession. The mortal would be quite powerful.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think the difference is that a demon would be a controlling force against the host's will, while an angel would be more of an assisting relationship. Many spiritual traditions call on angels for help/guidance.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Do you think that Angels actually possess people when helping them in times of distress?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Ehh, I'm an anything is possible type of guy but yes I imagine it would be something like that. It could be possible that everyone has a dormant angel potential within their own soul that gets accessed during certain situations.

Edit: I think full possession would probably be an exception to the norm of unattached assistance and guidance
edit on 10/4/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:09 AM
link   

In the new testament, we are told that many sicknesses were caused by demon possession. Jesus cured some by casting out the demons.

Good question. I would posit that yes, they could. Say there are two men, one good one bad. Both have the ability to pick up a weapon and kill you. Only one would actually do it. So while Angels possess the ability to possess they would never do so. If they did they would no longer be an Angel.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   

The relationship between man and good angels is a good bit diffrent than the relationship between bad angels and humans......to put it mildly.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Your asking a question that can NEVER be answered in this world, you'll just get opinions that are mostly 100% incorrect.

When we die we will find out everything i suppose. Till then.. enjoy life or whatever it is you like to do.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Stands to reason yes an angel could. Question is would they? and second question if they did what effect would it have?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Yes, it's possible I believe.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Interesting question, angel possession ahh? mmmm sound heavenly! ha ha. No they don't possess people. But he's the interesting part. You can be possessed by the holy spirit. Actually possessed by God. The way that works is if you ask God to come into your life and basically give your life to Christ, then the holy spirit will enter your body and possess you. This gives you a lot of interesting abilities. Basically powers if you will. Once you have the most powerful force in the universe dwelling inside you just tend to be more: lucky, blessed, protected, have peace of mind, desernment, wisdom, guidence, strength, and a lot of other abilities you never use to have. I've had so many situations where, I even wanted to just do my own thing, but for some reason couldn't. It's because the holy spirit was preventing it. Only later I discovered reasons as to why such as things like: It wouldn't have been a terrible decision for one reason or another. Plus of course you no longer have to worry about what might happen to you after you die. God is a good allie to have in life. He's the most powerful force, and he can help you through life if you let him. Anyway food for thought.

See here's an example. This guy became a Christian just before going on americas got talent. Before he couldn't sing at all, then after... watch....

edit on 4-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Something like this is already happening where I'm at, I'm about 99% certain of it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Spirits are possessing people all of the time (without people's knowledge).
They just think it is their own thoughts or desires...

"Positive" and "Negative" entities.

top topics

join