It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Barack Obama Throw The Presidential Debate? Could He Know Something We Don't?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Interesting perspective...I must say that I've noticed a lot of activity in the forums from you as of late and appreciate it because moderators seem to slip into the shadowy background...its refreshing to get their take on things from time to time.

Obama may be throwing in the towel in light of new information in regards to the future but im not entirely sure of that considering the future looks pretty damn dark when he decided to run the first time...It could be possible that he is better acquainted exactly with how dark it is now that hes been in the thick of it for 4 years now...Its hard to tell...

Maybe Obama (appears) to be less motivated because hes tired of having to lie to the American People and the world in the name of "national security"...maybe hes ready to let someone else have their go at it as you suspect...

I didn't find Romney to be pretty polished, much more so than usual...he didn't seem to stick his foot in his mouth as he is known for doing...

The future has looked tough and dark for the past 12 years now...were all still here kickin it on the internet...I have no doubt that eventually what is destined to fail will fail...but its hard to find the darkest part of an already dark room...

I'm not particularly sure this all isn't a Shakespearean show to lead us into entertainment and further into the delusion of legitimate democratic system/process...

maybe Obama doesn't care anymore because he knows its all a ruse and the whole debate is a formality and hes just simply going through the motions knowing that the decision was and is already made and it doesn't matter how well/crappy either of them do...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Greg Gutfeld of the Five just said something interesting,and very plausible:

Obama threw the debate to change the subject of that 2007 video speech.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't think Obama nor Romney are the answers to our problems....I am not sure any one candidate is the solution, but maybe some political reform is much needed in Washington D.C. & the rest of the nation. Maybe we need to take a look at was isn't working anymore & try to find ways to improve it, instead of continuing on this self-destructive path we have been on for sometime now. Obviously what we have going on now, isn't working for us any longer, so lets clean up our political house from the inside out. We are after all the people of the United States & we do have a say, the politicians are our employees & answer to us, if they are not preforming their duties & responsibilities adequately than we need to find another way to get this country back on track & headed in the right direction...we need to start doing what is necessary for the nation to flow in a positive direction, to ignite positive growth here at home. You don't see us using horse-carriages for our main transportation anymore, or hunting for our main source of food, nor will you find us using torches or candles for our light after dark....No, you will find we use cars with engines that are faster than any horse could be now, with major roads & freeways connecting the nation, airplanes to fly us across the world, electricity instead of candlelight, & refrigerated grocery stores to replace the need to hunt wild animals for your next meal...So if we have moved forward as a whole with everything else, why wouldn't we be sure that our Constitution & our rights, our laws stay suited to our modernizing lifestyle & world? Why wouldn't we make sure that we stay protected, to keep our values of freedom & liberties in tact & preserved??? We shouldn't let those in power or leadership manipulate us, big corporations & banks should not be the ones in control, they are not in control yet, we still have a say, we still have a chance to salvage our country, our ideals, our freedoms, & our children's futures....But now is the time to figure it out, to fix it, & to take pride & honor in being an American. This time now is critical, this is a crucial point in our history, & we can be a part of healing the nation or a part in destroying it, because I think if we do nothing at all, if we turn our heads the other way, if we neglect the problems at hand, than we are a just as much a part of the destruction as those that are plotting against us. If you aren't a part of the solution, than you are a part of the problem....which side do you choose? Which side are you on? I am for a solution, for a positive change in our nation, our world, & our universe. To spread joy, love, & knowledge to others around the world, & the cosmos. Create do not dictate, facilitate instead of hate, innovate to motivate, share instead of stare, rejoice in your good choice, not in the ones you were wrong. Forgive, love, & think for yourself. Have faith strong, but strive for knowledge & remember that "there is always more to learn". Be humble, yet proud, brave & smart at all times, kind & unique as often as possible...Let's leave the ignorance behind in a cloud of dust & bring forward a new found clarity inspired by the winds of enlightenment, harmony, & determination of this very nation to survive & shine. To be better than the previous generation, & to remember the mistakes of the past, but to forgive in them also...to not repeat those mistakes but to learn from them in our history & to make positive changes for all of us as a people, as human-beings all over the world helping each other instead of manipulating one another, extinguishing the corrupt elite & illuminating a world of light & kindess moving forward in positive progress.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by PvtHudson

No Obama did not throw it....normaly the guy is great at speaches...but he never gives speaches with out a teleprompter,when asked questions from press they are not that heavy duty were he can't awaser them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
If I had to guess I'd say he came off poorly for two reasons. I'm sure it's been hammered into him to not let his answers come off elitist or snobby. He may have simply been too afraid that if he got to 'into it' that he would come off that way so he overcompensated. He was also probably waiting for Romney to slip up or put his foot in his mouth, an opportunity that never came.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
This opinion hit a chord.

Mitt Romney is the smartest guy in the room

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

What I believe is that the whole voting system is a lie. The Government leads you to believe you have a chose in the matter when in reality it's all pre-staged. The government will put whichever candidate they want into office regardless of what our votes are. The President is a pawn and strictly just "for show." Obama bombed the presidential debate because that's what he was told to do. Romney will most likely become next president of the United states because that's who "they" want in the office. What the hidden agenda or plan is for him, I don't know...

“Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.”

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

That is funny because I had the same thought today myself. That Obama threw the debate. I too sense that perhaps Obama isn't too keen on being President again. I fear big things are on the horizon, and he doesn't want any part of it. That worries me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I was waiting for a post like this. Either Barry threw it, or Barry was told to, or some other grandiose scheme.

It's rather simple:

1. He cannot be the "Obama" you normally see without a teleprompter. Teleprompters are like crack to Barry. His "You didn't build that" speech was a prime example.

2.Like it or not libs, Romney was correct in his attacks. As Mitt said, he's entitled to his plane and his house but not to his own facts. Also correctly pointed out - unemployment was above 10% yet Barry only focused on that dumb Health Care Act for 2 straight years. 90 billion to failed green energy businesses - trying to pick the winners. That's a fact, Jack and why Barry had nothing to say on that.

My favorite line was from Barry, explaining why student loans are now a government program/entitlement "we cut out the middle man". Really? You took what should be a private sector business and socialized it. And we all know how well the government runs things vs. the private sector.

No conspiracy here. How this man got elected in the first place - that's something to look in to.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I'm reading through replies ( I just got home ) and this one struck me. Carter pretty much gave up after his first term - but his lackluster interest got overshadowed by the popularity and steam roller that was the Reagan campaign. Still, after four years of trying to fix Washington from within, and failing due to an obstructionist legislature - he was ready to move on, and has since said so.

Maybe Washington ( the real Washington power brokers ) have a failsafe mechanism in place to prevent change towards a more advanced society. And I am not referencing to the separation of powers. But something more along the lines of a military strategy... If a newly elected POTUS won't go with the status quo - then X, Y, and Z measures go into place - rendering the outsider impotent and ineffectual.

It's a thought. And it may have even started life honestly... FDR is on record as saying no man should have a third term. Maybe measures put into place to stop that sort of cult or personality and power base from forming now make real change impossible.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
But don't ya'll worry about it .. even though his inner-YUTZ showed through - I'm sure he'll still win the election.

People are desperate, and in desperate times, expect the unexpected. Also..I do not think
that the majority of Americans would vote "rational"..it's a politicians job to get votes often solely based on emotions, lies..propaganda etc...and history has proven over and over this works. America is where a single TV debate and how someone looks/appears there CAN indeed decide the outcome of an election - i personally think this is absurd, but it HAS happened often in the past, there is no way around it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
(I've put this in Skunkworks because it is speculation and a conversation about that speculation.)

Hi ATS! During the course of the night, I've been here, watching the threads, and watching the debate. My perspective of it is probably uncommon. I witnessed this debate through the eyes of a person who was a staunch Republican for most of his life, got disillusioned with it all during the second term of Bush 43, and ended up, by default, voting Democratic this past go around. So I will concede that my views are a weird mix of right, left, and centrist.

Claims that I am seeking to make excuses for Obama might arise. I can assure you, that is not my intention here. I don't plan on voting for him. I fell for "Hope" once already. I hoped and it didn't work. Neither do I plan to vote for Romney. Just to make things clear up front.

As I watched the debate ( paying more attention to the computer than the debate itself, thus experiencing it more on a auditory than a visual level ) I began to wonder how a man who is known for his charismatic speaking skills could sound so mediocre. Whether you like the guy or hate him... you have to give credit where credit is due. And, when it comes to public speaking, Barack Obama is a rock star.

So how did this guy....

End up this guy?

This is what I've spent my entire night trying to figure out.

Was Obama under the weather? Was he preoccupied? Bad day? Does nearly four years in the White House just wipe a person out? Valid question, George W got a bit iffy after the first term....I mean, as POTUS he may well have gotten some classified information about something or other, pre-debate, that could have really troubled him. A lot of "if"s.

Then I began to wonder if maybe Romney lulled Obama in by having a spell of negative press before the debate, thus lulling Obama into a false sense of confidence. I found myself being pretty impressed with Romney ( in regard to this debate and on a psychological level if he did pull a little Machiavelli maneuver. ) Anyone who can play social chess that well is formidable.

That's when my imagination kicked in and concepts began to form....

What if President Obama has learned something in the past several days that has made him not want to be in office come next January? Something profound. Like updated numbers on the economy? Insider info on some soon to burst bubble that could sink us back, or even further than the previous ones? A coming major war? China calling in it's "chips" with us soon....

As POTUS the man does have access to things we do not, nor could not. Military, fiscal, social, scientific... the whole ball of wax. What if he learned something recently that has caused him to make the political decision that it's better to lose this time around? And what might that something be?

If you let it sink in for a few minutes.... it actually gets pretty chilling. Speculation. Sure. Of course. But not undo speculation. The guy lost at the one game he's good at. This is his wheelhouse. And he didn't just los at it. He lost by TKO. This is like Tyson/Douglas, politically speaking. Romney's always had a bit of an Achilles heel where public speaking goes....

Very strange indeed. Maybe a quirk. Maybe Romney was simply the better speaking today. But food for thought at least....

WSY ATS? Does something seem awry here?

~Heff

edit on 10/4/12 by Hefficide because: one for clarity and one for a typo - edit two times, I'm going away ( My Doors tribute for the night )

Bob Woodward has been saying this today as well. Not sure if he got the idea from you or visa versa or just coincidence. Anyway, I guess we will know soon enough... Personally, I just see it as people ( or at least you and Woodward ) looking for some reason to explain his unexpectedly poor performance and/or to minimise Romney's unexpectedly good performance.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TimHPeterson

What I believe is that the whole voting system is a lie.

I lived my entire life in Europe. In 2000, I moved to the US. I had the glorious "opportunity" to follow the Al Gore/Bush elections on TV, live as a new resident of the US of A

So..you can imagine my amazement when all that "recount, recount!!" BS came up...and the fact that you guys have what's called an "electorate"..meaning that more people can vote for ONE guy and the other can still win. Somehow, this was bizarre and funny...

So..no..i don't need an education what a joke this system is

edit on 4-10-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by VforVendettea

Who made Edgar Cayce seer of all things?

Who said he was? First sentence of the OP reads "I put this in Skunkworks because.." and went to explain speculation. So, why not speculate? I never said Edgar Cayce was anything other than what Wiki labels him as, and I even put that in quotations.

Spec-u-la-tin'!

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Originally posted by beezzer

And the fans of Obama are in a snit.

edit on 4-10-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

That's just it Beez. No Obama fan, nor in a snit. But I am very curious about Obamas' "state" last night. I keep seeing the cries of teleprompter, but that's a straw man to a large degree. Obama is charismatic and intelligent. Even if you hate the man, give him credit where it's due. Basic strategy 101 - never underestimate the enemy. Obama NOT being charismatic is like China NOT producing goods for Wal Mart... it goes against the nature of things. It is out of place.

Obama interviews well - and even during "gaffs" he makes them charmingly and with charisma. He lacked that quality last night and it's indicative of something. Like I said in the OP - countless possibilities. But it was odd.

As a Braves fan I've seen this before. A great "team" that suddenly becomes a little league operation in the post season. Here in Atlanta it's pretty widely accepted that Ted Turner wanted his team to lose a bit - to up add revenue - once post season hit. Maybe true, maybe not. But conjecture.

Who or what is the Ted Turner here?

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I'm glad we're on the same page

edit on 4-10-2012 by TimHPeterson because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Another thought that I excluded from the OP but did think about...

What if Obama knows the toilet needs flushing and knows history is going to hate the guy with his hand on the handle when it happens.

Two term limitation does not mean that the two terms must be consecutive.

Think about it.

~Heff

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I think amoung other things including your speculation, that Obama was not prepared to debate with a guy who will just flat out lie to your face. Romney takes what ever position will get him elected. He is the worst flip flopper I have ever seen. He will actually reverse himself in the same sentence.

I do not think Obama wantedt to call him a liar or attack him so his flat out lying really choked Obama.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Xeven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I felt the same way. Caught the debate second hand on you tube. Truth is I wasn't all that interested because I am not voting for either of them either. Going third party yet again. But Obama's performance did seem out of character or maybe out of touch somehow. Romney however didn't really surprise me. Anyone who rises to the level of business that he has would certainly be a good talker, and debater.

But I think maybe there is a plan at work here. Behind the proverbial scene as it were. Maybe that is why the Obama clan has already purchased a house in Hawaii? Not so sure I would be putting out some 35 million for an oceanfront estate in Hawaii if I was planning to spend the next 4 years in DC...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 35Foxtrot

If Bob Woodward got an idea from me? Then I want that on my tombstone! That would be incredible. Unfortunately I think the truth is probably more that analytical folks tend to wonder the same things.

But, Bob... if you're out there and I did influence you, please let me know. I won't tell anyone - except the guy at the mortuary who keeps track of epitaph requests.

~Heff

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join