It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bushcraft On Fire Radio 10/04/2012 : Psychology of Survival and Listeners Questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thursday, 10/04/2012 at 8:00PM EST

illustrial.net
If Illustrial does not work click:::
ATS Direct

[color=#f9eb03]Or click on the image above

The gathered panel of hosts include Military Veterans, Mountain Men and just plain old Hillbillies with a combined experience in Survival of over 100 years!!!!!

Your Panel

JacKatMtn
Semperfortis
David Wendell
Ahabstar
Luke
Bear Truth
Justin
Michael
And TheRedneck Doug

[color=#f9df04]This week we are discussing

The Psychology of Survival

and Taking Questions from Listeners

[color=#f9041b]Tune in Folks!!

PLUS.. [color=#0a94ff]Gardening With Laura, [color=#27ff0a]Disaster Procedures With Luke, [color=#f60aff]Off The Grid with Doug and [color=#07c4fa]Tools With Greg!!

So TUNE IN THURSDAY @ 8:00PM EASTERN via illustrial.net and give us a listen while you learn and expand your knowledge along the way. And if you have not checked out our Bush Craft On Fire YouTube Channel, stop by and watch the videos we have up. Be sure to leave comments, hit the like button or subscribe as you feel is appropriate.

Don't forget to go visit the NEW Bushcraftonfire Website where you can listen to our past shows, take a Survival quiz and much more!!!!

OH YEAH! While you listen, come on the Facebook Page and post your questions, thoughts and comments, or just follow the survival conversation.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

If you have trouble hearing the show on the above links, tune in to the Low Bandwidth here HERE
edit on 10/4/2012 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
This is the map I will refer to in my segment. In my experience the map works a bit better in Chrome than Firefox. You should be able to see the Red Zoned areas around the Avon River. Heading towards east or roughly following the Avon and than New Brighton RD should bring you to the sea. An easier option would be just to go to underneath where it says Zoom to areas. Left click on the Eastern Suburbs.If you view Kaiapoi head eastwards to see the small Red Zoned areas by the sea.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Please include in your psychology of survival.. the surrender to thrive part and people who freeze. Not zombie apocalypse or nibiru, but I was fascinated by the fact that people stood like statues and didnt move when we were in a sever tornado decades ago that flattened the town. They simply stood there... and died or were injured in the middle of the day in a grocery store. My dad was injured trying to grab one of the "statue people" after shoving me in a freezer. He later told me in Viet Nam some guys would freeze up like that as well. Theyll get you killed.

love you guys and If Im lucky I can listen in this time!

Other folks reading... witnessing this behavior first hand prompted me to buy this book to try to understand it. This is a priceless resource and really fits in perfectly with this radio show's subject matter.

www.amazon.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
As always.. this is going to be a great show. Survival Mentality and Psychology is absolutely the most important aspect in staying alive.. and it is the LEAST understood and thought about skill. Yes.. that's right.. Mentality is a skill that can be learned and nurtured.. Tune in tonight to find out more. We'll be looking forward to your input and questions!

Stay Strong

David

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The Bushcraft on Fire radio show goes LIVE in under an hour!!

Stop on by if you have the time

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the show guys and on topic and entertaining as always....

when it comes to shotguns I prefer a double barrel over/under with sleeve inserts for different gauges.... and 308 Remington pump 760 gamemaster

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This week's Tool of the Week was The Craftsman Professional Series Multi-tool as seen here.

In my opinion, this was the best multi-tool that was available. Which according to the internet was only sold in 1999. Sad really as it was a full slip joint pair of pliers versus the needle nose plies found on nearly every multi-tool out there. The good news is that it was manufactured by Schrade and said to be based on their Tough Tool ST5E model, which oddly enough was not introduced until 2003 and only in 2003. And Schrade was purchased by Taylor Brands (which manufacture the Smith & Wesson brand of knives all outside the US) in 2004. At this time Taylor Brands only makes a reissue of the ST1 which lacks three of the features that I enjoyed about the old Craftsman: Which was the 1/4'' hex bit driver, the wood chisel and the full slip joint pliers.

It is unknown if either Sears or Taylor will reissue this multi-tool in the future, but do keep looking. Mine was lost and I would love to replace it.

new topics

top topics

join