It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The terrible truth of politics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I didn't watch the debate. You know why I didn't watch it? Because it doesn't really matter, and I don't need to hear the same nonsense over and over again to figure out I'm being lied to. I don't get overly sentimental about who is perceived to have won or lost. The "debate" was nothing more than talking points and soundbytes to run though a news cycle, relentlessly pounding into everyones head that they really have a choice in the affairs of this governing entity. The debt has continued to escalate since the 80's. Now you can pull out all the numbers you like, but the fact of the matter is they all have played their part. Clinton was the only one to balance the budget, but it isn't like he really eliminated anything. Slowly but surely it continues to raise until it breaks the back of the dollar.What will all these cheerleaders claim when the dollar crashes and American financial power tanks? Still rooting for one side or the other like it's a football game? Scratching their heads wondering what happened? Blaming the poor when in reality they are nothing but helpless spectators caught in the midst of cutthroat capitalism? Blame the politicians when the people allowed it to happen while never holding anybody accountable for the continuous corruption and lies? What about unemployment? Do people honestly still believe it's at 8-9%. It's a fallacy and a manipulation of numbers, and it's a shame. Furthermore, it's a testament to the fact that there are many still rooted in denial in regards to the harsh reality of the situation. Those jobs are never coming back. We are in the beginning stages of a technological revolution where manual labor is not an effective means to maximize profit margins. Regardless capitalism continues to operate as if technology is still at the pre 80's level. This is a big part of the financial imbalance we are witnessing. Unless the world financial system evolves into something more balanced the possibility of more violence will become stronger and stronger as people in America and Europe really begin to feel the weight of poverty.There is a reason approval ratings are poor across the board. There is a reason voter turnout numbers are poor. Furthermore, I wouldn't be surprised if voter turnout numbers have been artificially inflated for the past couple of election cycles. In 10-20 years would you be surprised to hear an official report that turnout numbers had been manipulated in multiple elections? I wouldn't. They've virtually manipulated every other source of information one way or another.I hope you like violence, because that's where this is headed. Anytime you have large amounts of poverty in a country that's where it inevitably goes. Greece? Spain? Just about the entire continent of Africa?The truth hurts.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
O terrible Truth, o lurid Truth! Thou dreadful Ajax; that the appalled air.

Ahem. Carry on.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tadeusz
O terrible Truth, o lurid Truth! Thou dreadful Ajax; that the appalled air.

Ahem. Carry on.
No real point of contention?Ahem, carry on.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Someone else who sees the world from the same vantage point as myself.

Good Sir, I am completely impressed.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
True words. I watched for a while but the bull piles up quickly. They won't even touch the real problem facing this country. I'm not trying to thread jack but I thought this video summed it up quite nicely.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by silverbullett

You are trying to jack this thread by bringing up issues that have no bearing on the fundamental root of the problem with the US political system.

The US is a country that is rich enough in technology, intelligence, and the sciences to support it's citizens through a booming economy, and marginal taxation.

But, the population (and thus politicans) are so polarized due to a culture of extreme narcissism, that not a damn thing that is positive is being done to work towards these goals. Everyone's to busy playing moronic games and focused on "Which candidate wore a bigger US flag pin" or "had the most uppers before the debate" instead of talking to those around them that they have differences with, and working to come to compromises on those differences.

Politicians are just a reflection of the population they server, and as our population refuses to work together to get anything accomplished, our elected officials follow in this example, or risk losing their jobs.

They are literally doing the will of the people, and the people don't want to work together to solve anything, so here we sit - at a standstill.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

Jeez, you have the sense of humor of a wet pubic hair. Lighten up, toots! It's not all doom and gloom if you just have the right attitude!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

You realize its a popularity contest right?

To say that politicians are or are not elected due to policy is a joke. It's all about the money.

Joe Blow from kansas has a good idea for the economy (it is a good idea and it would most likely work) but he doesn't have money to put a yard sign in everyone's yard and have 30 second spots at the superbowl.

Cya Joe Blow! You can't compete with the corporate sponsors... or is it the other way around.....

*Joe Blow was a completely made up persona.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tadeusz
reply to post by GD21D

Jeez, you have the sense of humor of a wet pubic hair. Lighten up, toots! It's not all doom and gloom if you just have the right attitude!
Toots? What am I your girlfriend now? My sense of humor is conditional, given the circumstances and consequences of the subject being discussed I'm a little light on laughs. I'm not sure what a right attitude is when millions of families are living at poverty levels while so many just seemingly ignore it like it doesn't exist.Although it is not my intention to be overly dramatic, there are billions of people being negatively affected by a failing system. This is becoming a worldwide problem and all people can talk about is who won a debate that I guarantee never asked any difficult questions (at least any questions I think would have been worthwhile). Let me moderate one of these debates for 30 min, and neither candidate will walk away looking good. It's easy to look good when you're protected from any real hard hitting questions. It's easy to look good when you're protected from the section of the population that has a grasp of what's going on. It's easy to look good when you have the levers of power to conceal the truth.I know there is nothing I can do. All there is to do is helplessly watch this unfolding disaster. I know my sentiment is negative, but sometimes it's as if I'm one of the very few that see the reality of the situation. Nero playing the fiddle/lyre while Rome burns to the ground.

top topics

join