It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday

Why do you believe that they are negative energy?

From my personal experiences. When I was younger, the fear, kept them around. Only til I was older, did they go away. Many Young children see these things. Like you said in your opening post, It attacked you. That should tell you, what its intentions are. I have also had ghost experiences, that in no way scared me, or had the same feelings as Shadow People had. Big difference. It was just a feeling, and living with them, for 15 years, I can say it was negative experience, never once a good one.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I believe I was attacked because I startled it. This isn't pointed at you, just a general thought: Do they create the fear people feel, or is it because we don't understand what they are that we fear them?

A childs mind is an incredible thing. Most childern can learn to use ESP, but as they get older they give up on the practice due to self-awareness. (I find the studies that took place in England during the 60's and 70's if need be)

They could also stop bothing us when we get older because they also age, and if they could mess with us when we're younger then we can simply defend ourselves when we get older. If they do have a sense of self preservation then this would make sense (after all someone who bullies you as a kid will usally back away when you're older and can fight back)

There have been stories of these Shadow People not bothering people (even if they can be seen), and I know of one case where a guy in Iraq was saved by a Shadow Person.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I am really leaning towards Shadow Men being devils (which means, leader demons or "lesser devils" (below Satan.) Demonologist Ed Warren explained (in "The Demonologist" by Gerald Daniel Brittle) that they are the strategists behind the attacks carried out by demons. This fits with the role that the Shadow Men seemed to be taking in my own experience. Warren attributes this to there being two orders of demon (who were once two orders of angel before they were cast out of Heaven.) Thus, the devils, being of the higher order, have greater spiritual knowledge which makes them suited as masterminds, while the demons are more suited for the dirty work. They are also known to take on human-like form (often described as “blacker than night”.)

Based on my personal experience, from my perspective, this makes sense. I think the Shadow Men are just what they seem: the strategists.

I think that the smaller shadows that we see are more likely regular demons (or other negative entities,) whether they look like small men, animal-like or are indiscernibly shaped.
edit on 15-10-2012 by LoneCloudHopper2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
I am really leaning towards Shadow Men being devils (which means, leader demons or "lesser devils" (below Satan.) Demonologist Ed Warren explained (in "The Demonologist" by Gerald Daniel Brittle) that they are the strategists behind the attacks carried out by demons. This fits with the role that the Shadow Men seemed to be taking in my own experience. Warren attributes this to there being two orders of demon (who were once two orders of angel before they were cast out of Heaven.) Thus, the devils, being of the higher order, have greater spiritual knowledge which makes them suited as masterminds, while the demons are more suited for the dirty work. They are also known to take on human-like form (often described as “blacker than night”.)

Based on my personal experience, from my perspective, this makes sense. I think the Shadow Men are just what they seem: the strategists.

I think that the smaller shadows that we see are more likely regular demons (or other negative entities,) whether they look like small men, animal-like or are indiscernibly shaped
Interesting line of thought, but let me counter that with this;
The now famous African Mountain Gorilla was once thought to be only an item of primative mythology. (that is untill one was shot, and brought back to be studied). I believe that the Shadow People may be in the same catagory. They could very well be an older intelligent species than humans (or maybe not so intelligent, but they do seem to have a wierd history of being both a tormentor of humans and being a watcher of human activity)

Whatever they are I doubt that they are all bad, but like you said "Shadow Men are just what they seem: strategists." SO what are they up to?

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

All three times they where going in straight lines but in different directions , I'll get them in the closest I can below .

1st time would of been : North to South

2nd time : East to West

3rd time : West to East

The wife's I took it that it was just stationary as she said it just watched her put cloths in the dryer from the hallway .

They where doing nothing but floating the first very slowing & real low to the floor . The second very fast & right beside my left ear so near to 5 1/2 feet in the air & the third ( the blob ) fast it hit me at stomach level ..

I always thought they where different ones till I really got into this thread & started wondering why it couldn't of just been the same one on different occasions .
John

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well according to my own personal jesus christ, Karl Pilkington (see dp) there is a town in america somewhere where one of these shaow beings used to hang around for a while until a few years later it started causing mischeif and went around knocking people of their bikes and other shenangans!!!

Apart from that i know very little!!! I know this isn't a very useful post but i just couldn't resist! LOL!!!
edit on 15-10-2012 by orrite?? because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

What are they up to or what are they ? The 100.00 dollar questions . I once saw a short video on you tube that got quickly removed of them running around the home of Stan Romanoke ( Spelling ) Most of us know who he is & what role this might imply or imply in some cases . I always thought Stan had the best documented ufo / ET evidence there was ( some Googling will lead you to his page & many results ) but I never liked the thought of him holding on to all the good stuff for his documentary . I suspect the reason the video along with a few more that was posted disappeared so fast .

I as well was experiencing craft sightings that I could not identify when all this started to happen , So a few more thoughts might be how are they connected ? , or does ufo sightings increase some sort of physic awareness ? , Might these things be around us all the time & we need to be in some kind of awareness zone to be able to see them ?

I really didn't want to relate the craft sightings with the thread as it brings out those that start calling people names & just drives them away but I've searched near & far trying to find a connection & Stan's is as close as I've come . I've also seen another post or two talking about the same so we'll see how it stands .

I'm not saying ufo as in space alien just as I can not identify or explain & maybe a possible connection . I will say with multiple other people & nearly a dozen of sightings so it's not minds playing tricks , meds or anything like that .

Fingers crossed I'm not run off now .
John

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2

I think that the smaller shadows that we see are more likely regular demons (or other negative entities,) whether they look like small men, animal-like or are indiscernibly shaped.

Yes, that is also possible. It is also possible that men who appear as shadows (Shadow Men) could be different things, despite appearing the same. I have often wondered if enitites of men who lived long before (some which may not have been homo sapien) are walking among us. I wonder this about big foots.

But for me, at least some of these seem to have demonic intentions, or are at least in some way related to demonic activity.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
But don't some people say that they don't feel afraid or anything negative from these shadow men? I'm confused. In any case, they are indeed a mystery.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
But don't some people say that they don't feel afraid or anything negative from these shadow men? I'm confused. In any case, they are indeed a mystery.

I wasn't afraid of them evil. I merely saw them and wondered what they were up to.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I thank you for creating this thread. Just earlier today, I was scouring the internet about shadow people, because I have had some very odd happenings with them in just the past year.

I thought it was just me that was seeing them, and even went and talked to a professional about it, because not only have I been seeing them, but hearing them as well. They started out to be very fleeting, out of the corner of my eye, but these things got bolder and bolder by each day that passed.

Here is a condensed version about what was / is going on with me and these shadow beings.

I was so upset at being kept up all night one morning because of these beings, that I could not go to work that day. When daylight hit, I walked over to a neighbors apartment to talk to her about it, because she is understanding about these types of things. I was living in a brand new apartment when these beings first started appearing. My friend lived in an older section of the complex, with her apartment having been occupied by several others before her.

She gets me a cup of coffee, and sits down to hear what is up with me because I am obviously upset. I started by asking her to go easy on me and to not think I am crazy, well, because at that point I thought I might be.

So I start out telling her what I have been seeing and hearing. She dropped her cup of coffee! What she told me gave me goose bumps like I had never had before. The wide eyed, jaw dropping look on her face, Wow!

According to her, she had the same problem. Not only seeing shadow people, but also able to hear them as well. It got so bad for her, that she had her apartment cleansed (sage and a shaman) to get rid of these beings. Just like myself, it wasn't just seeing them constantly, it was hearing what seemed like constant conversation going on from what sounded like a male and a female. Both of us were amazed to have such similar stories, that it floored me. While it was easy to hear these shadow people talking, it was impossible to make out exactly like they were saying.

First it started out with them just being seen out of the corner of my eye, but it then got to the point that they would appear as a full adult sized black figures, right in front of me, and following me from room to room.

All we could come up with is that when she cleansed her apartment, they moved into mine! My neighbor would never set foot in my place again after we talked about this, thinking she would bring them back home. She hadn't seen or heard them again since she did her cleansing.

It wasn't just these two human shadow people, but black shadow animals as well, that I started to see. I would be outside on bright sunny days, and have shadow things run past my legs, or chair in a darting fashion, making me think I was seeing a cat. Very creepy!

I moved shortly after this, way across town, and didn't see them again until just recently. It's been about 3 months. I think they followed me!

Glad to know I am not the only person who experiences this!

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kentuckycowboy2

Thank you for this additional information.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by orrite??
Well according to my own personal jesus christ, Karl Pilkington (see dp) there is a town in america somewhere where one of these shaow beings used to hang around for a while until a few years later it started causing mischeif and went around knocking people of their bikes and other shenangans!!!

Apart from that i know very little!!! I know this isn't a very useful post but i just couldn't resist! LOL!!!
edit on 15-10-2012 by orrite?? because: (no reason given)
This is a common story. It would be helpful if anybody knows the name of the city.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kentuckycowboy2

What are they up to or what are they ? The 100.00 dollar questions . I once saw a short video on you tube that got quickly removed of them running around the home of Stan Romanoke ( Spelling ) Most of us know who he is & what role this might imply or imply in some cases . I always thought Stan had the best documented ufo / ET evidence there was ( some Googling will lead you to his page & many results ) but I never liked the thought of him holding on to all the good stuff for his documentary . I suspect the reason the video along with a few more that was posted disappeared so fast .

I as well was experiencing craft sightings that I could not identify when all this started to happen , So a few more thoughts might be how are they connected ? , or does ufo sightings increase some sort of physic awareness ? , Might these things be around us all the time & we need to be in some kind of awareness zone to be able to see them ?

I really didn't want to relate the craft sightings with the thread as it brings out those that start calling people names & just drives them away but I've searched near & far trying to find a connection & Stan's is as close as I've come . I've also seen another post or two talking about the same so we'll see how it stands .

I'm not saying ufo as in space alien just as I can not identify or explain & maybe a possible connection . I will say with multiple other people & nearly a dozen of sightings so it's not minds playing tricks , meds or anything like that .

Fingers crossed I'm not run off now .
John

Want to hear people cry?
The more I read some of these stories, the more they remind me of the "Deros" and "Teros" of the Shaver Mysteries. (I think Shaver may have had a weird encounter with some Shadow People, and that may have influenced him to right his letters, or maybe he's right about it all. I don't know yet)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

I can understand your perspective on this.

reply to post by Night Star

As LoneCloudHopper2 has stated not all encounters are fear causing. I'm still on the block if we fear them, or if they cause the fear.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Thank you for sharing this encounter. Becareful of the cat sized Shadow Creatures. They have been known to cause people to trip over their own feet (I've heard of a few cases of this happening) Well I'll just tell the story I guess;

A few years ago I was asked to help out an older couple who were having "issues" with the neighbors cat. The cat kept running inbetween the older womans feet causing her to fall down. She had gotten injuried more then once, and was taken to the hospital once. I talked to the neighbor about their cat, but of course "They didn't have a cat".

While walking in the house to talk to the older man that lived there. I saw a fast moving shadow and went to see what it was. (yes, I thought it was a cat as well). Upon entering the room where the "cat" ran into, I saw a shadow form dart out the window. I knew it wasn't a cat at that point (or anything I could explain to the people that lived there) I told them to put screens on their windows, and the "cat" wouldn't come back. It seemed to work since I never heard from them about it.

While doing a follow up on the event a few months ago I had found out that the couple died earlier this year (sadly nobody told me before I went there) I did find out that the people next door remember hearing a cat meowing outside their front door the day the old couple died. I don't think the cat had anything to do with the couples death, but rather that the shadow cat may have grown attached to the couple.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the cat was causing the older woman to fall down alot, but it doesn't sound much different than a real cat.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Thanks for getting back to me on that. While my friend had the shadow people couple in her apartment that we think moved over to mine, she wasn't having issues with the shadow animals. As far as I have heard, I seem to be the only one who has seen the animal shadows.

I live in the Phoenix area, and often wonder about the land that this apartment complex was built on. As I said, my apartment was brand new, never occupied before me.

My friend and I did some digging, and there was car accident on the street right in front of the complex where a young couple was killed. There are also a lot of stray animals in the area, so I often did check around after seeing these animal shadows thinking it was one of the strays.

I honestly find this thread very interesting because I sure would like to get a better handle on what these are. I have had encounters with ghosts a few times, going back to when I was a small child. These shadow people just have a different feeling about them than what I experienced with ghosts.

I almost get the feeling from them that they are a bad omen, and interesting that you mentioned the elderly couple and what they had going on in their home. I really got the impression that they were waiting for me to die so they would be there when my soul left my body. It comforts me to know that not all people get this impression and that nothing drastically bad happened to them after witnessing them.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by SpearMint
They just hang around being fictional, doing fictional stuff.

What a useless reply from a useless person. So sad to see such ignorance. I still have hope for most people however.

What you call ignorant, I call sensible. Shadow people don't exist... I mean, common.... shadow people.

My reply was useless, but so is the thread.

Your certainty is worrying. Do you think you know everything there is to know about the universe, and existence?

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

OK lets not bring up issues from the front page. This thread is about learning about the Shadow People from an educated standpoint. If a person doesn't believe that they exist, thats ok. All I ask is that we're all respectful, so that we can post about our encounters, and collectivelly add to the information on the Shadow Peoples behaviors.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
reply to post by Sissel

Thank you for sharing this encounter. Becareful of the cat sized Shadow Creatures. They have been known to cause people to trip over their own feet (I've heard of a few cases of this happening) Well I'll just tell the story I guess;

A few years ago I was asked to help out an older couple who were having "issues" with the neighbors cat. The cat kept running inbetween the older womans feet causing her to fall down. She had gotten injuried more then once, and was taken to the hospital once. I talked to the neighbor about their cat, but of course "They didn't have a cat".

While walking in the house to talk to the older man that lived there. I saw a fast moving shadow and went to see what it was. (yes, I thought it was a cat as well). Upon entering the room where the "cat" ran into, I saw a shadow form dart out the window. I knew it wasn't a cat at that point (or anything I could explain to the people that lived there) I told them to put screens on their windows, and the "cat" wouldn't come back. It seemed to work since I never heard from them about it.

While doing a follow up on the event a few months ago I had found out that the couple died earlier this year (sadly nobody told me before I went there) I did find out that the people next door remember hearing a cat meowing outside their front door the day the old couple died. I don't think the cat had anything to do with the couples death, but rather that the shadow cat may have grown attached to the couple.

Yes, I'm fully aware that the cat was causing the older woman to fall down alot, but it doesn't sound much different than a real cat.

WOW. This is very weird because I saw a cat-sized (and shaped) shadow form a few nights ago, in my bedroom. It was running just beside my bedpost and disappeared. I see similar things often, but never one that looked like a cat. Good to know, especially as my own cat made me fall over my feet one time (as I hadn’t noticed him by my feet and I was trying not to step on him!) lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join