It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bacarero
reply to post by Guyfriday

You're welcome

As for your question of wether they can grab things out of their reach, I think they might be able to... The paper that was thrown was in the kitchen and ended up in my bedroom. Problem is, it had to pass by me first. And as strange as that sounds, it didn't.
It does sound strange, but if they can cloak themselves then it's not out of the range of possiblities. Slip an object inside your clothes, and no one can see it until you decide when to show it (that piece of information certainly could explain your paper problem) There is another thread (I haven't read it yet sorry) that is about disappearing items. Could this be a game they like to play with us? (like hide the sock?)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by xXthealienghostXx
hello guys i'm new here! so take it easy on me please! i heard that when shadow people are seen, people often sense extreme fear. but they dissapear as fast as they are seen so it only lasts a moment. i for one have never had an experiance yet
so i cant say what exactly happens.
edit on 8-10-2012 by xXthealienghostXx because: (no reason given)
This is exactly why this thread got started. So we can figure out what they can, and can't do. Welcome.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

This is very interesting. Thank you for the details and information. I might have some follow up questions if you don't mind.

Not at all. I shared it in hopes it would help. I'm a Sensitive I guess, so I've seen a lot of things over the years that I can't explain. By far the worst was the demonic attacks, which seemed to involve these Shadow Men in some way.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

In closing, my biggest dilema, is trying to decide if all of these phenomena aren't the very same thing? What if, ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, imps, demons, aliens, bigfoot, etc, etc, etc...are actually the same manifestations, of these entities throughout the world. And the perceived differences, are either the way that they want to be seen, or simply the variant of dialect between many peoples? There are many hundreds, perhaps thousands of words throughout the world, for the exact same thing! But, to many who interpret these words, they may inadvertently carry a different meaning. Who's to say that they aren't one in the same?

I’ve been wondering this too. It seems rather odd that there are so many different kinds of spirits out there, able to shape-shift and play mind games, etc. Demons are known for their deceptions, but what if they are entirely fabricated (or self-fabricated?) Perhaps entities may take on any form they wish (angel, demon, alien, orb or UFO) for whatever reasons they may do it for.

Or, are we actually creating these things ourselves? I’m sure you know about psychic projection: the ability to project your body (or a very different form) into a room, and even carry out a conversation, while your real body may be miles away. What if all these entities are created unconsciously? They would appear real, and in a sense they would be. They might even take on physical form (like perhaps a bigfoot?) The problem with this idea however is that these entities clearly have differences: a demon, an angel, a bigfoot and a ghost all have distinct differences that allow them to be classified thusly. The only recoil for this argument would therefore be that they may somehow be spawned from our collective unconsciousness.

For the record, I truly believe that humans are embroiled in a battle. A very real battle between Good and evil! In my mind, there is no doubt. And, I truly believe that whatever we see, or feel, that is not absolutely, undeniably, "of God", has to be of pure evil.... Satan's only objective, is to separate us from the Father. It's his sworn purpose. He has no choice but to fulfill prophesy and take his place in the pit, when this is all done.
He wants to take as many of God's favorites, as he can, with him. And he will use any and every means at his disposal, to do so.

I do as well. I have experienced good and evil. I am not a Christian, but I have called upon the power of Jesus or Michael (without believing) and realized that such powers can be called upon by name. I am still very skeptical about Christian belief, even despite this, for complex reasons, but yet I hold no doubt that Christianity (and other religions) have their truth. I’ve always felt the presence of evil in the world and have had different dealings with it. The Devil is referred to as The Father of Lies. I have both witnessed and experienced how such powers can manipulate people and turn them against each other, and against their own humanity or better judgment. The Christian Faith maintains that Satan has existed since the Dawn of Time and was almost as powerful as God Himself, and therefore knows each of us better than we know ourselves.

I believe these questions are of extreme importance, and I’ve always been intrigued by the subject of evil. I know firsthand that it exists, and that it can turn you against yourself (even sub-consciously.) It seems that Christian Faith has a lot of truth on the matter. Demons do seem to believe in God, to hate and fear Him, even if I do not...and I cannot overlook that. It’s difficult to separate dogma from the supernatural, especially as their old texts talk about them in such accurate ways which support the findings of modern investigations.

Ed and Lorraine Warren’s journey as paranormal investigators (and when neccisary, exorcists) is a remarkable one. I’d highly recommend reading “The Demonologist” by Gerald Daniel Brittle, if you haven’t already. It examines their encounters and the obvious semblance they bear to religious teachings, without being preachy or anything. I think their work in the field of the supernatural (especially demonic activity) is highly credible and important.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Thank you for allowing me to ask some followup questions.

You said that you feel that the Shadow People were behind the attacks.

Do you mean that they planned it?

Did you feel like they instigated the attack (like they were toying with you or the thing that attacked you)?

Was there a feeling that they experimenting on you?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Here is my experience with 3 Shadow People in my bedroom. My ex and I had spent the night at his fathers house in the extra bedroom in Buena Park, CA. All he had was two twins put together in the corner to form an L shape. We went to sleep with both of our feet together at the corner of the L.

I woke up in the middle of the night but was unable to speak or move. When I tilted my eyes up a bit I saw a short black figure standing directly over my forehead looking at me. It was very close to my face. I tried to scream, I tried to move but couldn't I could see another figure across the room at the head of my Ex's head. After a few moments I must have started making noise because my ex woke up and totally freaked out at what he saw in the room. At that moment all shadow beings ran into the corner near his head. When he jumped up and ran to the other side of his twin bed they drifted up the corner of the wall into the ceiling! So there were 3. Two around our heads and one in the corner, watching?

You better believe the next time we slept in that room we moved the beds together into the middle of the room!

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   

You said that you feel that the Shadow People were behind the attacks.

Do you mean that they planned it?

I meant “behind it” as in they were responsible for its attack upon me.

I had no intellectual or emotional connection to them that I was aware of (I only saw them) but they definitely felt ominous to me. They were watching me in a sneaky but curious way, following me around. This implied an intention on their part, an interest, a thoughtfulness of some kind. Obviously it was only about me, as only I saw them and they only followed me. Beginning with the night of the attack, I no longer saw them, as if their part in this was over. I never considered this as a coincidence. For all I know, the demon may have simply been one of them. I can’t be sure if they remained or not (to guide that demon’s attacks) but the demon itself felt simple-minded to me (like a mere psychic parasite) while they seemed inquisitive by nature. Thus the strategy of its attacks seemed more like their doing than its own.

Of course the demon may simply have been one of them that had taken on a different role (that of a bully rather than an agent.) I can’t be sure, but I feel very strongly that they were behind this in one sense or another.

Did you feel like they instigated the attack (like they were toying with you or the thing that attacked you)?

It really feels like they unleashed this thing upon me. That’s what my gut instinct tells me. I don’t think they were ‘toying’ with me because I’ve experienced mischievous activity before and there was nothing playful about these Shadow Men. They may have allowed me to see them, but I think it was incidental. They seemed very interested in me, and didn’t appear that bothered that I could see them. When I did, they would merely step away and disappear. This doesn’t indicate playfulness to me, more like agents that were on a specific assignment of some kind. Even the look of them was so agent-like, stiff and unemotional. They seemed to be examining me, perhaps determining what kind of attack would be best waged upon me. They certainly seemed to be plotting something, when you look at the details and what followed.

Was there a feeling that they experimenting on you?

This is hard to answer. They just seemed to be studying me. The demonic attacks could have been taken as experimental for sure, attacking me in different ways, but I can’t be sure to what extent (if at all) they had in the actual attacks.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Thank you for answering these questions. The reason I asked these were to see if you felt like you were a test subject for them. It seems like alot of people are saying that there is somekind of battle taking place (I'm holding off on this till I can get more information, but from what a majority of you are saying this is possible). If this is true, then these types of attack could be them testing us to see what they could use aginst us (this would be basic tactical thinking) It could also be that some of these Shadow People are rouge, and testing stuff on us (this sadly would be the best option since the other option would be a disaster for us at this point)

The information you gave is very useful either way they are thinking. Like I said if we can figure out what they're up to, or figure out what their limitations are, then we can get ahead of what they are up to. Possibly even figure out what they are and where they really come from.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

I like your way of thinking and would appreciate knowing whatever you might find out, figure out or otherwise conclude related to this! I agree that it seems tactical. Other descriptions I've read of them seem to indicate as well that they are always busy on the move or otherwise attentive to some kind of work, unlike ghosts (which can be playful, frightening or just plain weird.) Shadow Men seem preoccupied with whatever it is they are set out to do.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

I'll post any thoughts I have on this, but really this thread is all about figuring them out. Hopefully we'll all solve this together.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
My recount posted in this thread, was merely one of, albeit the most significant, encounter with these things.
It is in our nature to understand. We constantly strive to improve our knowledge of the universe. Unfortunately though, we can only study the known portions thereof.

Scientists at CERN, have been discovering some amazing things, as of late. They have proof that matter has the ability to pop in and out of our known existence. "Experts" say, that this forces one to acknowledge, that either Einstein was wrong, or that our reality consists of more than the 3+1 dimensions.

Other experiments using the Large Hadron Collider, have determined that either we are wrong about the speed of light, or that we were wrong that nothing can exceed that speed!

Personally, considering these new discoveries, I think we have been looking at this problem all wrong.

What if these entities exist in our dimensions, just as we do? The only difference being, that they are not bound by the dimension of time? Perhaps it's our prison of linearity, that separates us from the other side?

According to Einstein's theories, if matter were to achieve lightspeed, it would be transformed into pure energy. But his theories also indicate that the speed of light is directly related to time! So, with this in mind, if an intelligent entity existed, that was made of pure energy, and wanted to become matter, it would simply just need to slow down, right?

So, let's take the LHC experiment again. When they collide sub-atomic particles, they witness matter "popping" into existence. What if that matter already existed at the point of impact, only in the form of pure energy, and not bound by time. Subjected to the bombardment of the near lightspeed particles, the energy is impeded and forced to slow down, trapping it into the parameters of time.

The infinite, becomes finite...What say you?

Now, let's take it a step further...How could we apply this theory to the discussion at hand? What if, emotion was the manifestation of our soul? If our soul is comprised of pure energy, how could emotion be involved, with the perceived essences of the super-natural?

Are we creating these things with the power of thought? The Bible says, but by Faith, if one chose to, they could tell a mountain to move itself, from here to there! What force could be harnessed by a man to accomplish such things? Jesus also reiterated, that to cause such, would require much prayer and fasting...

So, with thought, coupled with the cleansing of the body, one could weild great power over the earth. Just like a God!

What else could we accomplish through such things?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
My recount posted in this thread, was merely one of, albeit the most significant, encounter with these things.
It is in our nature to understand. We constantly strive to improve our knowledge of the universe. Unfortunately though, we can only study the known portions thereof.
I totally agree, which is why I’m trying to figure these creatures out (think more anthropologist or sociologist)

Scientists at CERN,
I’m sorry but you lost me at Einstein and Quantum Mechanics (not because I don’t understand them, but rather that Einstein didn’t believe in Quantum Mechanics)
That being said, I think it's possible that these Shadow People could be inter-dimensional (though I’m more leaning to the point of these things living along side with us)

Now, let's take it a step further...How could we apply this theory to the discussion at hand? What if, emotion was the manifestation of our soul? If our soul is comprised of pure energy, how could emotion be involved, with the perceived essences of the super-natural?
If this is the case then we should be able to conduct a series of tests that could prove this (this sadly would also mean that people who were attacked by the Shadow People created the attack themselves. I’m not going to buy that)

Are we creating these things with the power of thought? The Bible says, but by Faith, if one chose to, they could tell a mountain to move itself, from here to there! What force could be harnessed by a man to accomplish such things? Jesus also reiterated, that to cause such, would require much prayer and fasting...
I believe that this could relate to the “clear mind” I spoke of earlier.

So, with thought, coupled with the cleansing of the body, one could weild great power over the earth. Just like a God!
The idea isn’t too far off from what Daniel Dunglas Home stated about being able to fly.(Yes I know the link is all "wiki" but it just to give those of you who don't know about the man a little background)

What else could we accomplish through such things?
Intriguing question. Let’s focus on what these Shadow People can do, or not do before we figure out what we can accomplish with their help (since it seems like some of these Shadow People don’t mind helping us, and others seem to hold us in contempt)

edit on 9-10-2012 by Guyfriday because: wording error was fixed

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

I agree. I got the feeling it liked to "play" with us, even though it was mainly to scare us. That's why I get the feeling that these shadow people (at least I assume it was a shadow person since I saw that shadow past by me) and the poltergeist phenomena are kinda linked.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   
A couple people asked me by PM if I'd share my demonic attack story. I was unable to return the PMs, perhaps because my account is new. But it does relate to what I've already shared in this discussion.

Here is my demonic story.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneCloudHopper2
A couple people asked me by PM if I'd share my demonic attack story. I was unable to return the PMs, perhaps because my account is new. But it does relate to what I've already shared in this discussion.

Here is my demonic story.
This is highly informative. Thank you for sharing this.

I find it interesting that you pointed out the issue with water heaters (like my first encounter). I'm wondering if it has more to do with the warm water element than the power of heating the water. (water is said to have an ionizing effect, or at least naturally moving water does. Heating up the water would also "charge" the water molecules, but leave them in a more stable point to pull from. Just a thought)

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Just a heads up to everyone following this thread:
I'll be posting an up-dated list of what we know so far, and some speculations as well.

Thank you for responding, and for those of you who have posted links to your other posts thank you as well.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I just watched a BBC4 documentary entitled "The Entity" on youtube. I recommend it even though it deals with sleep paralysis it touches on the "shadow" beings as well. It is a well done documentary.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Hello Guyfriday , This is a thread I will be very interested in .

I first ran into the shadow beings I call them during a little over two year stretch that we had with paranormal happenings in our home about the time frame of 2007 to somewhere in 2009 before just stopping as fast as they came about .

The first was a tall one near 6 foot just standing by the bed watching my wife sleep it was standing straight not bent over except for it's head tilted down as if to be looking down on her , It simply disappeared as I started through the kitchen observing it .

Another tall one was just walking down the side of my neighbors garden , again this one was minding it's own business head slightly down & never acknowledged me nor my dog being near we where maybe 50 to 75 feet away .

Later 3 short maybe 4 feet ones where standing beside me just watching me when I awoke in the night , They as well was just looking towards me . They where standing straight their head was not bent over just looking my direction .

Other shadows in my home during this same period was :

Three black basketball sized spheres , ( maybe the same one spotted three different days & areas ) Once floating slowly through the hallway ,

Another zipping past my head out of the bathroom into our kitchen on into the bedroom & I think right out the bedroom wall . These two sighted by me alone .

Third it was seen by my wife again in the hall way as she put cloths in the dryer early one morning , she said it was just sitting in there .

Another black blob late at night flew through me as I walked into the kitchen , This one startled me the most as it caught me off guard not expecting something to fly right into me , It felt chilly but nothing bad I just think it was the startle from something like that .

A black cat walked up to me like it was going to rub around my leg while I was using the bathroom , I never thought a thing about it till I reach down to pet it & it was gone . We've not had a cat since our son was a baby he's almost 15 now .

That's about all I can remember for black shadows except for a huge one that I'm convinced was a Bigfoot that walked up on me during the same time frame while feeding my dog before daylight . This one was huge about 8 to 9 foot with the biggest glowing white eyes I've ever seen It just kept moving to the right across the creek till it was gone though . I could see the black outline of it's head sitting on it's massive body as the eyes just sort of glided away . Yes we had locked eyes .

None of these did anything to harm or hurt us in anyway & I only got the feeling they where curious about us in some sort of way , & I sure was them as well . In fact I've been looking at about everything I can turn up about them since .

John

ETA: I wanted to add that each of these sightings was seen straight on & some except for the ones in the bedroom & the very last one was not in real dark areas either .
edit on 10-10-2012 by kentuckycowboy2 because: More information about sightings

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I've been considering the theory that shadow people are just other people occupying the same space in a different time, past or future. In which case they would see us as shadow people too, a result of peering through the veil of time. It would explain their behavior, just normal people facing shadow people themselves.

If that theory holds any water, then it would stand to reason that Hat Man shadow people would only appear in buildings that existed when fedoras were in style.

So, all you people who've seen Hat Man, how old was the building you were in? Could it have had fedora wearing people in it in the past?

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Paranormal activity often seems to happen around water. Haunted houses, for example, are often located next to or above a large body of water. Also, electricity is a factor as well. Where the two combine, spirits seem to be highly energized.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join