It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
A few things I would like to add.

First, Thanks so much to Sled for the videos! I just finished watching them and they truly were a help to me. A lot of the things mentioned in the videos made sense to me and I could tell that that family had been through hell.

Next, you asked about religion. I want to say that I am not trying to make the case for people to believe in my Savior, but I do want to be honest in what I have experienced.

My mother still suffers from attacks at that house, as does my aunt. I believe that these shadow people gain strength from the use of occultic objects and rituals. In an attempt to get rid of the activity at the house, my mother has burned sage, hung up dream catchers, and surrounds herself with anything paranormal. She has tried demanding for this thing to leave and has gone through meditations and imagining light surrounding the house. Throughout all of this, the shadow person has at times stepped up the attacks, or has remained unchanged.

Others here have mentioned that they have only seen the shadow people while meditating. I believe that all of these activities give them an "in" if you will.

My life has finally been rid of these shadow people and the only way that has happened is from me drawing close to Christ, spending time in the Word, and getting rid of any idols, as well as anything new-agey, paranormal, occultic ect. Like I had mentioned before, I was a Christian prior to all of these things taking place, but I wasn't living like it.

I was actually at my mother's house this weekend and I have to say, sleeping in my old room doesn't bother me anymore. I just don't feel anything around me, see anything, don't have the horrid dreams. Nothing. I believe this is a direct result of putting on the Full Armor of God found in Ephesians 6:10-18, and truly living it

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

www.biblegateway.com...

So your question was if belief in religion causes an increase in this activity. I don't think it does. I believe taking part in spiritual matters outside of what God has laid out for us results in this activity. I made excuses for my lifestyle for a very long time and didnt want to believe that I was going against God. Once I turned from my ways and asked for forgiveness, these evil attacks stopped. Just my two cents

~OkieDokie

Edited to add that I always saw this figure straight on. It was never just a fleeting shadow, or just seen in the peripheral

edit on 7-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2012 by OkieDokie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I guess the ghosts, got him?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Sorry for the late reply everyone. I was up last night at that ghost hunt, then had work. I basically just added a few new information pieces to the list. I'll be maing a better readible list a little later this week. I'd also like to thank everyone whos responed so far, and to those of you that have answered the few questions.

So far this is what I have taken from everyone stories. If I missed anything let me know.
I’ve also added a few questions at the bottom of the page. It would be nice if they could get answered. Thank you.

Observations:

*They seem to be self-aware. (This is very important as it is a good indication of intelligent)

*So far others have also pointed out that they have seen these Shadow People move items (plastic bags, a knob, and a cup of water)

*They seem to make a noise if you pass by one, or one passes by you. So outside of being able to talk in some cases they seem to have enough mass to move wind around.

*We have a story where one appeared to want to punch another person (this is important since it indicates that also is aware of us, and that it knows it can harm us)

*Dogs are able to detect them.

*There seems to be different types, or racial traits between them. (Or at least they appear in different shades. Black, smoky, white)

*It also seems that they have appeared in different sizes suggesting that each one is completely different than another one. (Kind of like us).

*They appear to be wearing a hat at time and other times a shroud or something, and other times not wearing hat. It also seems that they can appear to be wearing different styles of clothing.

*In more than a few stories it is implied that they have a high degree of emotional attachments (very interesting)

*They also seems that they get bored easily (or atleast it seems that way if they are messing with a person, and the person doesn’t respond)

*It appears that they are not tied to a location (this is very important since it implies that they are autonomous in their actions)

As for speculations:

*I’ve heard that the reason we can see things better out of the corner of our eyes is due to the way our cones and rods are (though I think it’s interesting that in some cases they can be seen clearly headon)

*I personally have never been directly attacked by a Shadow Person (other than the knob throwing incident), but it does seem like they can physically attack us since they can move objects. It also seems that there are some reports of them pushing people off of bikes (if that report can be believed) it doesn’t seem out of their abilities though.

*based off their behaviors, it seems like some of them are more like jerks than anything else. It also appears that they can be benign or aggressive. It seems like each one has its own personality.

*I’m not sure about how long ago they’ve been reported. I remember reading about tiny black figures in ancient India that would cause bad misfortune if encountered.

I like to thank everyone who responded so far.
Questions:

Has anyone seen one move an object that wasn’t within reach of their form?

So has anyone noticed if other pets (fish, cats, snakes, mice…ect…ect) are also affected by them?

Can anyone remember only certain sizes of these creatures are emotionally attached? I’m wondering if it’s only with the child sized ones, or has anybody had the taller human sized one be this way too?

Does this mean that they have racial traits, or that they can alter their tone?

Does being religious make it easier to detect them, or does it make them more willing to make an appearance?

Do people think they are evil because they are afraid of them, or have they done something to you to make you believe that they are evil?

Are there any encounters that are beneficial to you the witness?

To anyone that has a reoccurring encounter with them; do you know if it has a name it goes by (not one that you call it, but one it told you)?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by OpenSource
It was so long ago its hard to say more then what i already told, But i have had alot of personal experience with the paranormal though my years of amateur 'Ghost hunting'. With that said, after looking back at what i experienced, i don't think what we encountered could be classified as a shadow person, for the fact that i saw it strait on and that it left three distinct claw marks on my friends back, i think that would more put it into a Demonic category.. if that makes any sense..

I'm holding off on the tag "Demonic" for now. I can clearly see where you're coming from with that though.
I'm beginning to wonder if what we classify as "Demonic" and "Angelic" might be different interactions with these creatures.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ussoldier

Thank you answering the questions. Do you feel that the Shadow Person you saw when you were younger is the same one you saw more recently? 
reply to post by Guyfriday

I dont think so. That happend in the house I grew up in and there was alot of strange things going on in that house. All my friends said it was hunted. my first thread and I yhink only thread on ats was about what happened to me there. If I can figure out how to link that thread into this reply you can read it, maybe it will give some info.

here is the link...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you for this, and just for the record I was a machinegunner in the Marine Corps.
edit on 8-10-2012 by Guyfriday because: just an edit

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Originally posted by Guyfriday
reply to post by The Cusp

While meditating?

Not while meditating, but during periods when I meditate regularly. I usually meditate before bed, and see them when I wake.
This goes along with the "Clear Mind" possiblity. Thank you for clearifying.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneCloudHopper2

This is very interesting. Thank you for the details and information. I might have some follow up questions if you don't mind.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacarero

This is very helpful information. Thank you.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoOfYFoOt
I guess the ghosts, got him?
Yeah "Ghosts", more like an opossum infestation. Nasty!

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Summation:

OK...

Basically, I have developed many theories regarding what occured to myself and several others that night, and through much deliberation, consideration and prayer, I have drawn a few correlations and conclusions on the matter.

Whatever these things are, they definitely vary in many ways. Their appearance. Their demeanor. Their size and abilities. The way they interact. Even their descriptors and names change, depending on where in the world they are being referenced. And, even by the sub-cultures that are apparent within their heirarchy.

The entity that we encountered, who called himself, "Ted", says that he is from the twelveth realm, where ever the heck that is. He claims to have been a man who died in England in the 17th century. He claims that he has learned how to absorb energy from our realm, and uses it to manifest his embodiment, here.

He says that he is not supposed to communicate or interact with us in any way, and says that in his realm, there are those called the "watchers" that will punish him if he is caught doing so. He says that the watchers roam throughout his realm checking on the multitudes of trapped souls, like himself, to prevent them from divulging knowledge to humans who attempt to make contact with the other side. He says that the watchers are not human, and never have been, but would not indicate what they actually were. He says that there are many bad spirits who are where he is, and that if we communicate with one of the bad ones, they will manipulate and deceive us, and use our connection with their world, to make visits to ours. He says that some of the stronger ones, can not only inhabit our world for a time, but that they can even inhabit, us...

Now, I have no way of confirming anything that Ted has told us. But I have a strong opinion that he is at least being partially, truthful.

This is what I believe...

I believe that whatever had control of my wife and friend, that night, was able to interact with their very souls. I don't believe that it had the power to harm them. But I believe it was able to instantly know everything about them. And, possibly, could use that knowledge against them, to gain more power for itself.

I think that the lightning storm that we had that night, created a more favorable condition for it. And, coupled with the energy from the candles and the angry, hateful things that we were saying to it, it was able to manifest in a very bold and convincing way! The motive for such, I believe is simply to counteract boredom, for lack of a better word. Ted in particular, with nothing but his own thoughts, for over 300 years, must be terribly wrought with himself. Both with his own demons and with the waiting, for what he must know is coming for him.

I know for sure, that whatever we felt we were accomplishing that night, was not worth it. Messing around with something that we thought we understood, just for the sake of knowledge or for the experience, was beyond foolish.

But in hindsight, I now know one other thing as fact. My wife comes from a long line of intuits. The women in her ancestry, were well known for their abilities. But, ever since that night, her ablilty has grown exponentially. She "sees" things with uncanny precision. Knows things that she should not know. She can tell strangers about secret memories that they have, and leave them dumb-founded. I've seen it many, many times. It's very eerie, to say the least.

When questioned about it, she says that whatever happened that night, wasn't just it seeing her. She says it was more like, an exchange of energies. And that while it was taking some of her, she also received some of it.

In closing, my biggest dilema, is trying to decide if all of these phenomena aren't the very same thing? What if, ghosts, spirits, poltergeists, imps, demons, aliens, bigfoot, etc, etc, etc...are actually the same manifestations, of these entities throughout the world. And the perceived differences, are either the way that they want to be seen, or simply the variant of dialect between many peoples? There are many hundreds, perhaps thousands of words throughout the world, for the exact same thing! But, to many who interpret these words, they may inadvertently carry a different meaning. Who's to say that they aren't one in the same?

For the record, I truly believe that humans are embroiled in a battle. A very real battle between Good and evil! In my mind, there is no doubt. And, I truly believe that whatever we see, or feel, that is not absolutely, undeniably, "of God", has to be of pure evil.... Satan's only objective, is to separate us from the Father. It's his sworn purpose. He has no choice but to fulfill prophesy and take his place in the pit, when this is all done.
He wants to take as many of God's favorites, as he can, with him. And he will use any and every means at his disposal, to do so.

Just some food for thought, the next time you encounter something, not of this world.....
edit on 10/8/2012 by GoOfYFoOt because: I can...

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm still open to them being just shadows,
and nothing more than my eyes messing with me.

edit on 8-10-2012 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Indeed, I imagine most of the cases can be explained away. Some may even be "thought-forms" due to subconcious projections of trauma or stress -- which does not make them any less real. However, due to multiple witnesses and encounters in groups and the long history of this phenomenon, one can posit that these beings do exists and resemble us in many ways.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanssuperman

Originally posted by SpearMint
They just hang around being fictional, doing fictional stuff.

What a useless reply from a useless person. So sad to see such ignorance. I still have hope for most people however.

Holier than thou , much ?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by seen2much

Yeah, there does seem to be something to it.
In my instance it could of just been shadows. The one I saw head on sure did look like a person walking, but then, I also understand that sometimes eyes do play tricks on the mind, and I got no psychic vibe from it, so I am still on the fence for my experience, but I sure am interested in other peoples.
It does sound kind of ominous.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by seen2much

Yeah, there does seem to be something to it.
In my instance it could of just been shadows. The one I saw head on sure did look like a person walking, but then, I also understand that sometimes eyes do play tricks on the mind, and I got no psychic vibe from it, so I am still on the fence for my experience, but I sure am interested in other peoples.
It does sound kind of ominous.
If these Shadow People are just another species living on earth, could that explain the lack of psychic vibe? (do regular people give you these vibes?)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

This is very interesting. "Ted" might be pulling your leg, or he could be telling the truth. I'm pondering on a catch-22 line of questions that might bring some light to these statements. (mainly for people that do come into conteact with them, since your encounter has passed)

Regardless if "Ted" is telling the truth or not, this amount of information is very helpful in figuring them out.
Thank you for the additional information.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seen2much
Indeed, I imagine most of the cases can be explained away. Some may even be "thought-forms" due to subconcious projections of trauma or stress -- which does not make them any less real. However, due to multiple witnesses and encounters in groups and the long history of this phenomenon, one can posit that these beings do exists and resemble us in many ways.
I have an odd story that backs this up, but also is counter to this at the same time. I'll see if the person who told me will mind it if I post their story (it has credible people and a photo that goes along with the story)

I'll see what I can do.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

You're welcome

As for your question of wether they can grab things out of their reach, I think they might be able to... The paper that was thrown was in the kitchen and ended up in my bedroom. Problem is, it had to pass by me first. And as strange as that sounds, it didn't.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Yeah, regular people give me vibes sometimes.
Especially if they are ill intended towards me.
I'll pick it up before they even know it.
I learned a long time ago to avoid people like that.

I feel like if it was something really really bad, I would of gotten some sort of warning. However, it seems that if it does not effect me directly, I get nothing other than just a weird vibe.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
hello guys i'm new here! so take it easy on me please! i heard that when shadow people are seen, people often sense extreme fear. but they dissapear as fast as they are seen so it only lasts a moment. i for one have never had an experiance yet
so i cant say what exactly happens.
edit on 8-10-2012 by xXthealienghostXx because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join