It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Iv noticed a lot of more people are hving these experincines and sleep paralist O.B.Es aswell. Could 2Dimensions be Mergin with one another. Am sure this is wot it says in Ancient texts that sumthink like this will happen.. New world. Mergin with the 4th & 5th dimentions..?????? ?a reply to: Guyfriday

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I have seen them before and other people saw them too, a group of four about 7 feet tall bulky in the middle of a just plowed field just standing there.
on a couple of occasions I have felt someone and slowly started trying to find what was giving me that sensation and sure enough I saw one of them (I considered it being in my mind until someone saw it before me and asked me if I saw it)

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I havnt read the whole thread yet but I'll add my story, it only happened last week (Wednesday or Thursday evening). I was up late studying for my crim exam and I was nodding off at my computer. I fell asleep for a second and when I woke I saw this shadow person run from my left across the kitchen and disappear.

Now to read the thread....

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 03:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UR2BU4U
Iv noticed a lot of more people are hving these experincines and sleep paralist O.B.Es aswell. Could 2Dimensions be Mergin with one another. Am sure this is wot it says in Ancient texts that sumthink like this will happen.. New world. Mergin with the 4th & 5th dimentions..?????? ?a reply to: Guyfriday

Not really, during this time of the year for whatever reason they seem to expose themselves more often. As to the question of how old is this society, well they date back as far as the Hellenistic age (even further back in India)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My only encounter(s) with a shadow person occurred when I was 6 to 8 years old.
We lived in an older house with a lot of paranormal activity.
Any time we (all of my family experienced it but I did not know this until years later.) were downstairs watching TV, out of the corners of our eyes, we would see something like someone was peeking around the corner with most of their body.
It would happen over and over, day after day. None of us kids were ever messing around.
Only one time did I personally see the shadow head on. It was a very strange feeling.
It stayed in one spot for about two seconds before darting off.
Nothing bad ever happened there. Just a lot of weird happenings.

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry if im not posting on the right thread but ive looked for a recent one and couldnt find one and still cant open my own threads, i'm more of a lurker.. any way, its been a couple of days since this started happening to me:

Wednesday 12, November 2014.
Got out of work at 6pm, was driving home feeling allright, as soon as i parked in the driveway i felt dizzy, wanted to throw up and has trouble breathing, i thought maybe it was my blood pressure, so i measured it and it was high, 139/95. weird cuz i felt it go down. got help getting to my room and in an hour i was feeling ok...

The day after, was leaving for work at 5:00 am, morning shift, all dark and cold outside, i can assure you guys, i saw a freaking dude in the middle of the street standing there not moving, and since it was a dangerous road i thought, # it, ill just drive over him, and just like that it dissappeared when i ran it over, no sounds, no scratches on the hood or anywhere in the car.

A couple days passed and i kept seeing "shadow people", just black masses resembling people. No sugnature marks or nothing, just solid black bodies, i see them at work, at my house, when i go out, today was the day i said i needed help, im going crazy, was driving to work again, 5am, and saw one walking down the road and as i approached it, it dissappeared, i even saw black masses crawling and running across the road, i said to my bf ( he was driving)...did you see that cat run across the road? and he looked at me surprised and then i told him...look a gardener ..this early?? and he told me there was nothing there, so sorry for the lenght but i cant find anything to dismiss this strange occurencies. help!

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ladykhyra
Very intriguing. Do you think it would be possible to photo one? (you don't have to, but I'm just curious if you could)

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
a reply to: ladykhyra
Very intriguing. Do you think it would be possible to photo one? (you don't have to, but I'm just curious if you could)

I don't think it would be that easy. I just spot them for a couple of seconds but I'll try

posted on Dec, 2 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Menrva

Oh my god I just read this and this is exactly what happens to me... They run across the road or stay static in the middle of the lane but they never seem to hurt me or make me want to steer to avoid them is like if I just go through them I don't know the more I read the more frightening this gets

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladykhyra
a reply to: Menrva

Oh my god I just read this and this is exactly what happens to me... They run across the road or stay static in the middle of the lane but they never seem to hurt me or make me want to steer to avoid them is like if I just go through them I don't know the more I read the more frightening this gets

If they aren't causing any injuries or suffering, then there's no reason to be frightened. Shadow People have been known to help people as well as just annoy people, so I wouldn't get to alarmed by it. Yes there are cases where people have been attacked (Like I have. Read about that earlier in this thread), but usually people get attacked as a defense mechanism rather then just out of malice. If your not getting attacked then try and study them rather then be afraid of them.

From my research and observations the Shadow People seem to have a social structure similar to our own (I'm still researching them as to why they are not as common as it would seem that they should be).

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Interesting Thread From What Has Been Read So Far. Have To Disagree With The Label Though. Always Try To Avoid Putting Labels On What Is Unknown. Shadow Is Agreeable As Far As The Topic Yet Not So much People.

The Thing That Is Interesting Is The Knob. Honesty Is Appreciated And Identified Simply By What Was Typed About The Knob Which Is The Basis Of The Thread. Simple Little Facts Are The Difference Between Lies And Facts.

Your First Reaction To The Knob Was You Blinked. To me The message Says Close The Door. There Is A Difference Though From Your Experiance To The Topic meaning With No Purpose Other Than To Create Lies Is What Shadow ? Create. Suspect Of Being A Type Of Light. Of Course Presented As A Shadow.
my Frame Of mind Says When You Have Something To Say Then Say It. Enough With The Games.
edit on 12-9-2015 by Patshrick because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patshrick
Interesting Thread From What Has Been Read So Far. Have To Disagree With The Label Though. Always Try To Avoid Putting Labels On What Is Unknown. Shadow Is Agreeable As Far As The Topic Yet Not So much People.

Since the "Shadowy" item in question moves, looks, and behaves like a human labeling the item in question as a person makes sense for the sake of making sense.

The Thing That Is Interesting Is The Knob. Honesty Is Appreciated And Identified Simply By What Was Typed About The Knob Which Is The Basis Of The Thread. Simple Little Facts Are The Difference Between Lies And Facts.

I can remember it as a plastic knob. I keep thinking it was part of the water heater, but I don't if it had one or not.

Your First Reaction To The Knob Was You Blinked. To me The message Says Close The Door. There Is A Difference Though From Your Experiance To The Topic meaning With No Purpose Other Than To Create Lies Is What Shadow ? Create. Suspect Of Being A Type Of Light. Of Course Presented As A Shadow.
my Frame Of mind Says When You Have Something To Say Then Say It. Enough With The Games.

My first reaction to the knob was turning away, since it got tossed at me. Though the rest of this section of your posting is either being misunderstood by me, or a poorly formed attack on me.

It doesn't matter if you believe me or not, but I do have to ask:
"what brought you to this thread? Did you have a question, or just curious about the topic?"

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

I just heard Corey Goode, a Secret Space Insider, say that Shadow People are from the ET race called DRACO, and the shadow people are them astral projecting themselves here to feed off people.

Take it, or leave it; just sharing.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: sled735
I'm going to leave that.

I haven't seen anything that makes me believe that the Shadow People are extraterrestrial in origin.

posted on Sep, 17 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Patshrick

Wow, are you sure your phone's kbd is properly set?

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I don't know if you are still working on your project, but I joined ATS to tell you my story and hopefully help you find out who and what they are and what they want.

I have had three encounters with different kinds of shadow people several years ago.
In one of these events they were (as I now understand) shadow people. In the other two I am not sure if they were but these events are undoubtedly interconnected and I think will give useful information.

My story is a strange one, I have difficulty believing it myself, but I have seen how you react respectfully to all the stories here, therefore I am willing to share mine with you as well.

Encounter 1:
I was asked to volunteer as long-distance-patient for a 'healing' course (I was more than an hour by car removed from them). Being an interested sceptic, I agreed.
At the appointed time (between 19.30-19.45 h) I made sure I was in my bedroom, on the bed, on my back. This was not required, but it would help if I wanted to try and notice if I could feel anything.
Suddenly there was a loud 'wooshing'-sound in my head, it felt as if something heavy was on my chest and I could not move (sleep paralysis? never had that before) Then, out of the upper north-east corner of the room, eight shadows flew towards me. Three came standing on each side of me (as if the bed was not there) one at my head and one at my feet.
I tried not to panic as I knew it had to be that group of healers. I could hear my husband and children in the bathroom nearby but decided not to try and call him as I did not want to 'break the spell'.
When they were finished, they flew back into the corner and were gone, so was the noise in my head and the weight on my chest.
I looked at the alarm and noticed the 15 minutes were not fully passed yet, so I decided to stay on the bed.
The noise and the weight came back, one shadow apppeared from the corner and flew towards me. This time it hovered closely above me, I would say that our noses almost touched but there was no face, only solid shadow. It was large (not only tall), more than 6 foot at least. After what felt like a scan, it flew back to the corner and it was gone.
I had felt not only what they were doing, but also their intentions, their emotions/state of mind, and even their hierarchical structure.

I know these are not the shadow people you look for, but I thought this was useful nevertheless because:
1. They looked like shadow people, and knowing that these shadows were not entities in themselves but only 'consciousnesses' (I don't know if this is an existing word) or maybe their spirits, may help indicate what the shadow people are.
2. This prompted the other two kinds of events.

Encounter 2:
This is the creepy part I have never told anyone about, except for my husband.
The nights after the healing, either when falling asleep or early in the mornig just before waking up, I was frequently visited by two different shadow beings. Every visit would be preceded and accompanied by the noise in my head and the weight on my chest.

One of the beings would be at my feet, it felt as husband-energy, as if it was radiating this energy towards me to not alarm me, like you would softly shush a baby but it did so without sound. But it felt fake. It would then try to enter my body from my feet up and even as if having sex. (please believe me, I know this sounds fake but I can only wish it was.)
It was just standing there, smirking, there was no face but that is how I sensed it. Trying to sooth me and it knew I did not believe it and tried to fight it, but it just patiently waited.
I managed to chase it away every time. My husband could not see it but did get goosebumbs, sometimes even before I could see it.

The other one came next to me and would simply demand (it talked to me inside my head) access to my body. I managed to fight that one of every time as well, but as the first one became more cunning every time, this one became more angry. At one point it even managed to spin me around in my bed. (I think this was not my physical body, as I noticed later on that the sheets were not as messed up as they should have been).

I became afraid to go to sleep. Help was not able to come earlier than two weeks from then.
We moved our mattress to the furthest part of the house, the kitchen.
Still they did not leave us alone, however, they did feel less strong. We had the lights on and even the radio. I heard xylophone music in my head I had never heard before and within a few minutes that same song came on the radio

One night the angry shadow was bullying me and suddenly I started laughing, I just felt it was all so ridiculous, me curled up in bed saying: "no, no!" and the bully demanding: "yes!". It seemed to me like a very bad B-movie or soap-series.
I said that it was acting like a cranky toddler, and then it was gone!

I think these were shadow beings as were described by others earlier.
1. They were smaller than the people-shadows I had seen before.
2. They tried to get me or my energy.
3. They seemed evil, but turned out to be mere bullies.
4. They felt less intelligent than the bigger shadows. Not robot-like, more as the dumb muscle/sidekick?
5. They did not have red eyes.
6. They were not induced by sleeping paralysis because sometimes my husband would feel them before I did.

Then when we thought it was all over,
Encounter 3:
The noise in my head and the heavy weight on my chest continued to come frequently when falling asleep or just before waking up. But this time I did not see shadows. In that north-east upper corner of our room was an eye.
I had read Tolkiens 'Lord of the Rings' and in my horror I thought: this is what the eye of Sauron is like! This must have happened to Tolkien as well! (I saw the movie later on DVD and the eye was different)
The eye was watching me/us importunately (if that is possible) very intrusive. I, now strengthened by the idea that I had some power in this as well, told it to go away and it did. Within a few seconds, my 3 year old son woke up crying. He said there was someone watching him and pointed to the upper corner of his room, which was on the other side of the wall where the eye had been in our room.
This happened several times, until I decided to ask the eye who it was. It showed me that the eye was like a microscope and behind that were scientists that were studying us. I told them that I was not qualified for this as I was neither a Psychic nor an important person on this planet. They did not even seem to want to listen to me, I was no more important to them as labrats are to a human scientist. (No offense meant to any animal-loving scientists out there!)

I was not able to make the eye go away. The person who cleansed our house was shocked when he noticed how bad it was and said that if he had known he would have come immediately.
Since our house has been cleansed we have been able to sleep again!

This eye was not a shadow, but;
1. It felt like they belonged together
2. It was not doing anything except observing, as are many of the shadows

I do not drink/smoke/do drugs etc. am not depressed nor an attention seeker.
I hope my story was useful!

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I just remembered that the person that cleansed our house said that the eye was not from this world, it was not energy of the deceased. Also that this energy is often drawn to homes that have a biblical name. We had repainted our house a few years before and had not yet put the name back on. This person was not from where we live and could not have known that our house indeed has a name from the bible.

Also:
I understand you have discovered there are three kinds of shadows, but I cannot find which ones they were; observing/information gathering, energy draining/bullying and mastermind?
Have you looked into Odin (the Norse god) and his ravens and wolves?
The ravens were called Huginn and Muninn (thought and mind) and were used to gather information.
The wolves were called Geri and Freki (gluttony and ravenous, or greed) and helped him hunt.
Perhaps a link there?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I'm giving everyone an update:

I've been collecting more stories, first hand accounts, and attempting to gain some good evidence on the physical make up of these Shadow People and creatures (ie cats dogs, and oddly enough more then a few reports of shadow snakes)

While I haven't figured out how the social structure of there society works, or even figure out what their agenda is, I do believe that most of the Shadow People that get encountered by us (as in Humans) are just Shadow People akin to us walking out in the woods. We're seeing something of their society, but not enough to make a clear understanding of it.

This is why I switched gears if you will into figuring out what physical limitations they have. I believe that they abide the laws of physics so knowing how they can "shade" themselves from us could be a key into finding them more reliably, and understanding their society.

Shading, seems to be the ability of theirs to change their appearance from darkish colors to a transparent state. Some Octopus can do this too, but the idea of an intelligent land based species having this ability is highly intriguing, especially if they are really hiding amongst us. This alone would mean that they have somehow learned to apply an evolutionary adaptation to possibly non-biological buildings or objects.

Stay tuned.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I've had two encounters with a shadow person, might of even been the same one but hey, its not like they have many sets of outfits.
The first time I didn't realize what I saw until years later. I was about 12-13 at the time, I was in my parents bedroom looking at their dresser. To my right was the hallway, my sisters room is right next to my parents and is the end of the hallway. I saw out of the corner of my eye what I thought was a man walk into my sisters bedroom and while it happened very quickly in my " minds eye" I saw a man dressed in black with some sort of fedora-looking hat on. So I walked in to my sisters room to investigate and....nothing. I chalked it up to some weird imagining at the time.
A few years later I started to research the paranormal more heavily and came across accounts of Shadow people and the man with a hat was the same one I saw for a split second.
The second and much more up close and personal time was when I was 18.
I was near Austin TX for a wedding and got absolutely hammered that night, I went to bed at around 2-2:30 AM
in a hotel room I was sharing with my sister. Our beds were about 5-8 feet apart.
I woke up some time later and was dying for some water, I was basically an alcohol raisin, I remember feeling like something was off. It's hard to explain but it felt like time had stopped/ time wasn't real/ one moment spanning forever?
Usually we don't notice it but we have a " sense" of time, of it progressing forward.That seemed to be gone.
I couldn't think about it too much because my main concern was finding a water fountain, I walked down the hall and found a pair of elevators which I called up and waited until one opened up but when it did it was dark and I was up early in the dark morning staring at a dark elevator... So I chickened out and decided I should just go back to sleep and wait until daylight to find the water fountain. I went back into my room and for whatever reason I walked over to the foot of my sisters bed and was watching her sleep for about 30 seconds, she was in some form of the fetal position.
When I turned to go back to my bed I saw the deep black shadow outline of a shadow person ( fedora-hat and everything) who was facing something on my bed, I was looking at him for about 1-2 seconds and then I was shot with this intense feeling of complete fear, my body literally "froze in fear" it was some deep primal reaction/ feeling of aversion. After a few seconds something inside of me deeper than the fear welled up..anger. The fear felt like a violation and that pissed me off which allowed me to break out of the " fear freeze" I charged straight at it and right when I got to him it disappeared.
I turned to look at what it was looking at on my bed, it was my body asleep!
I got closer to my body and when I got about a foot away I was sucked into it at which point I woke up. I turned to see my sister and she was in the same position I had seen her in moments before. So not only did I realize it wasn't a dream but apparently I had astral projected and seen a shadow person almost face to face. I believe he was looking at my body to possibly try to get inside it while my " astral self" whatever you want to call it was not.
I astral projected accidentally once again a few years later but immediately went back into my body because of what happened the first time.

posted on Jun, 7 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: cypherhound7

Thank you for sharing this. There is a lot going on in your post so I'll just say thing:
Now that you've seen them, you might notice them more often, but not because they are watching you, but rather that once you see them it's easier to pick them out of the environment.

***SIDE NOTE***

Recently I was able to get another person to start seeing the Shadow People without having to point them out. I tried getting a couple of people to see them, but I wasn't able to get the other two to see them without prompting them as to where to look. If I can get a better method down pact I'll bring it in here so that if others want tp see them it may be possible.

Thank you for all of you posters that will be saying things like "out of body projections", "meditations", and other things of the sort. I'm going for a fully conscience person being able to spot Shadow People without having any kind of aid or prep work.

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join