It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
thx so much for the reassuring me.

that is interesting what you say about sensing their mood, the first one in my room was angry but went away.

the one at the side of the road seemed to be warning me to take care. Strange but still scarey, well that is what I sensed. could be wrong though.

cheers

posted on Jan, 21 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I'm still looking for any new encounters that might shed light on to these activities. It seems that as a society these Shadow People are as complex as we are.

I'm still working on it, and hopefully will have something to show soon.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Finally after 16 pages I can post >_> lol. That was a long read and some awesome experiences too. Love this thread OP. I have ac ouple stories I will post since now I have finally reached the end to speak lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Keiyentai

Thank you for reading, and for posting (in the near future)
Great I can't wait to read them. The more information I can get the better we can figure out their game.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I have had a few interesting "encounters" I guess you would call them. I'll post a couple first and other later as they are much more detailed.

First one I was about 8 or 9. Was in the living room looking outside at the road while it was dark. We also had a huge bay window in the living room. Mind you this window was most the wall. I remember seeing what I thought was just some one walking outside in what looked like a hoody and when they got closer to the light from the pole turned and looked like they were going to walk in to the ditch that separated the yard from the street and came up almost waist high. When they walked down I remember the person looked up at me/the window and saw red eyes and I stood up like "wtf" and that was it. Asked my mom and grandma is they saw it and they both just said no and looked out seeing nothing.

When I was around 14 or 15 I was hanging out with some friends in town and we all got the grand idea to go the cemetery that was down the street from my friends. So we head off at around midnight and are running around like dumbasses, scaring each other and so on. There was a white cat rather fluffy and big and very cuddly. I pet it a few times it would wonder off see it again pet it run off. After a bit I looked over and saw a person I just thought it was one of the homeless people walking around and didn't really think much. Pet the cat and it hissed and ran off. Thought maybe I bugged it, shortly after one of my friends runs past me screaming saying something about a creepy red eye dude. I looked at him like "wtf...ok" called my other friends thinking they scared the hell out of him when I felt the cat rubbing up on my left. Pet it again and looked over and saw the guy again and the cat once again spazzes out hissing and running off but I just kept looking at him and when he walked towards me just seemed to fade. I just stood there kind of like "Ok what just happen...that was odd" now I knew about occult an such but never seen one that wasn't peripheral or something that I could be "ok just seeing things out of the corner of my eye" deal besides that one night when i was 8 or 9. My friends came over and I asked if they saw the guy and they all said they saw him or someone vanish. After that we all decided it was a good idea to go back to my friends house who was already there freaking out.

I have a couple more I can post later this one seems ok enough lol.

posted on Jan, 28 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I saw one. It was enough. I will not post the story again, but i think they
are ultradimensional and supposed invisible for non-mistics. The amount
of hate i got from it is overwhelming, I couldnt sleep well for over a week.

But the majority of reports seems to be in the "observer" POV.... that
makes my encounter somewhat out of the common pattern.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by RobertPaulsim

Sorry about not responding back to this earlier. I'd like to know what makes you believe that these Shadow People are inter-diminsional?

I hear this alot from people, but from my experences, their "here one minute gone the next" seems to be some kind of survival trait (like a camo effect). I know this seems not likely, but we do have animals like the Squid and Octopus that have this ablity.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Ive been in Others dreams - I can back my ways and sayings , truth with just the other group of friends i have.

Astral projection, Out of Body experience.

Which ever this resonating level of energy, it exist between human body- and environment and also metaphysical space. . Which ever is after life, there is "levels" that transcend..

The last i had an experience with a Shadow figure was actually in an Out of body session - About 4 months ago. Which then i was in someones "dream" in a way. More so, i was in there place, but really i was sitting at home- 3 AM -- relaxing into my practice. Which ever this "still finding out" this looping powerful expanded energy is.. its Real. I was standing in her room- The figure too the corner of her bed. i could see which what was like silk or black goo like warping around "him" ( I could sense so much emotion between my friend and this mass), in and out around the black body almost like the "Vienna Circle" wrapping continuously around the mass. The session only what seemed too last minutes i awoke very tired, and drained.. I felt off that next day... I started at 3Am and awoke then the next day just after 3PM

I know what i saw.. My friend was getting harassed while sleeping from this figure.. heh then later, finding out the McDonald restaurant here in town, right beside her house. Underneath it is an abandoned Indian burial ground called "St. Patrick's Cemetery" - I managed too digg and find history documentation about the area.. Very interesting. I found out SO much about the area i live in after this experience - the knowledge of this "metatropolis" is secret.

So many abandoned Cemeteries ...
HERE
and
HERE

OBEs have been used in military and government- And to this day, still do...
Star Gate Project
Joe McMoneagle-OBE Near death experiance

edit on 14-4-2013 by Y3K89 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-4-2013 by Y3K89 because: Adding- Spelling.

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Y3K89

Nice description. Do you OOB alot?

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guyfriday
I did a search on this topic, and found many threads on them with stories. The one thing I noticed is that a lot of people don't like Shadow People, but no one has really pinned down what they can and can't do. What they are isn't important (since they can't really be classified as a person, ghost, or whatever), what is important is what you've seen them do. I'll tell you all my first encounter with one, and then I'll tell you what I observed from that encounter.

Back in the 90's I was doing a lot of ghost hunts. Organizing some and taking part in others. One of the homes I was lucky to check out had an interesting history to it. The original owner of the property died in the mid 1800's, and was buried on the property. Sadly though, his grave site was not where his body was. The head stone had a fence around it so the current owners thought (rightfully so) that the body was in the grave. They had started to dig a hole for an in-ground pool. This was stopped after the backhoe had cut the buried remains in half. The police was called in, and it was determined that it was in fact the body of the original owner. The sited grave was empty. The body was then given a proper burial on the property, in a newly dug grave.

About a month later the new owners stated that they were having "things" happen. Lights turning on and off, things being moved, voices, and footsteps. One of the issues people had was that they claimed to see the top half of a person floating in the basement.

Basic haunting right? Well after going through the house and taking pictures (remember this was in the 90's) I went down into the basement to check to see if I could document this half-body. Upon going down the stairs to the basement I felt cold. I thought it was due to a simple airflow issue, but then I saw out of the corner of my eye a person standing by the hot water tank. When I shined my flashlight on the person (thinking it was a member of the owners family playing a joke) my light went through it.

It looked like someone had taken a pair of sunglasses and cut out a human figure out of it. The person was tinted in a smoky shade. I was stunned. I wasn't afraid while I was looking at it, but then it looked at me. I can only describe the feeling as being shot with fear. The feeling came over me so fast that I couldn't do anything.

After what seems like a minute, this creature threw a plastic knob at me. This knob hit me in the face, and I looked away quickly (I think it was a reflex reaction). The creature was gone when I looked back. It couldn't have gone anywhere since it was backed into a corner, and I was standing in the doorway.

This was my first encounter with one of these Shadow People.

Here's what I remember from that first encounter:
This Shadow person seemed to be interested in the water heater. It was unaware that I was even there at first.
*This leads me to believe that they are no better than we are when it comes to their surroundings (being that I snuck up on it)
They had tossed an object at me. There were other things in the room that could have hurt me a lot more than a knob, but it was doing something to the knob.
*This would lead me to believe that they are restricted from affecting objects outside of their reach.
After it had distracted me it disappeared. It had either vanished into thin air, or cloaked itself somehow.
*Given how quickly it was gone after it distracted me lead me to think that it was still there, but cloaked (or at least it was out of my visual range)

Can these things only affect objects when they're shaded? or are these Shadow People the rude things behind poltergeists?

What I would like is if people would recount their Shadow People story, with what was learned about the Shadow Person behavior. My thinking is that if we can log what these things can do, then we can figure out what they are (or at least what they are not) I ask that you only post your personal encounter and not a story of a friend of a friend.

Since this is my first thread, if I am in any violations of any rules I will be willing to edit out the violations. Thank you for reading

One of the issues I have with what you've written are the conclusions you've drawn from this one experience.
There is no way to conclude anything about these supposed "entities/shadow people/ghosts" from your encounter. They are the product of a single instance and wholly without proof (not meaning proof it happened, but proof that those conclusions are correct.).
One should never draw conclusions from such a limited set of data. there are far too many variables involved and it is not representative of the entire "phenomena".

My other issue with "Shadow People" is the distinction that has been created between these "entities" and "run of the mill ghosts".
Given that neither are truly substantiated in any meaningful scientific manner, it would seem breaking the data into subsets is foolish

posted on Apr, 14 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImNotACylon
One of the issues I have with what you've written are the conclusions you've drawn from this one experience.
There is no way to conclude anything about these supposed "entities/shadow people/ghosts" from your encounter. They are the product of a single instance and wholly without proof (not meaning proof it happened, but proof that those conclusions are correct.).
One should never draw conclusions from such a limited set of data. there are far too many variables involved and it is not representative of the entire "phenomena".

My other issue with "Shadow People" is the distinction that has been created between these "entities" and "run of the mill ghosts".
Given that neither are truly substantiated in any meaningful scientific manner, it would seem breaking the data into subsets is foolish

I have had more then just one encounter, I've stated these later on in this thread. I will agree that scientifically speaking Shadow People are a hard subject to discuss due to the lack of any real understanding of what makes them up (or as some say, even exists).

I'm studying them from a more cultural point. If we can not understand what they are made of, we can at least understand the social make up they have. You don't have to understand what scientific value a person has to figure out a persons behavior.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Thank you Guyfriday for the wonderful thought provoking content. Thank you also for your continued attention to the poster's content. I would like to add my experience with the white/bright s. But the contained information is so vast I will need a bit of time to kind of "digest" it.
I agree that individuals with experiences and reflection are of great value. Video perhaps, recorded over a past video might create shadows.
The more common occurrences of shadow men during WWII in Europe I find interesting. I consider the amount of individuals who were killed in the death camp. Were those killed in death camps warning those who tried to end the slaughter?
The poster prplhrt, I would like to know how old you are. I hope you will say. There is undoubted depth in perception amoung, older people especially those who really saw alot. That is why older people are so honored.( by anyone with any brain at all) I hope that prplhrt might grace us with his presence on the thread. I am sure I am not the only one wanting to hear more of your experience and perception.
I need some thought time...thanks again S&F.

posted on Apr, 15 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I did see a shadow man. I was told it didn't belong to me. I blew it off that day. I never thought about it until my memory was Jared by the thread. What I have seen are white round, sometimes oval light as much as white. I thought it particular and nothing out of the ordinary. Now I question my own perception.
The white light was a positive thing, checking I think.
I never considered it, in connection with energies. The thread has left me with more questions than answers.
?1. Do we establish that white is full of light because of it's ability to generate energy?
?2. Do the shadow men seek energy and ions of electricity,water?
?3. Is that why those who have had experience with them repeat experiences with them coming out of areas of water and walls.
?4. As it was discussed that they are of varied"style." Could it be that some shadow men are those of others and some our own?
?5. They can not be seen but are always there. Could a time come that you do actually feel it is there are learn the ways of this energy, in which case it would be no longer necessary it appear?
?6. I have not seen anything about DNA and genes associated with this. We apparently have genes that are not coded for anything obvious. Would DNA be any kind of code that might connect an energy to an individual?
?7. Would DNA connect us to ancesters' own energies or energies of others affecting your ancestors who may have had very positive or very negative experiences with our ancestors?

Hmm? Anyone?

posted on Apr, 17 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday

In honestly I do about 3 session's a week. Every other day-
Between that- im very pro active in my community. I try and variate my practices - Moderation , and your sense of feeling, play a role before practices - (distracted mind, tiredness)

Its good too practice, if it is out of meaning ( too help or aid) - Its these forces that are the greatest- when its for someone else. Because it does take practice, - and your awareness too self (body)-

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by REMflyer
I did see a shadow man. I was told it didn't belong to me. I blew it off that day. I never thought about it until my memory was Jared by the thread. What I have seen are white round, sometimes oval light as much as white. I thought it particular and nothing out of the ordinary. Now I question my own perception.
The white light was a positive thing, checking I think.
I never considered it, in connection with energies. The thread has left me with more questions than answers.
?1. Do we establish that white is full of light because of it's ability to generate energy?
?2. Do the shadow men seek energy and ions of electricity,water?
?3. Is that why those who have had experience with them repeat experiences with them coming out of areas of water and walls.
?4. As it was discussed that they are of varied"style." Could it be that some shadow men are those of others and some our own?
?5. They can not be seen but are always there. Could a time come that you do actually feel it is there are learn the ways of this energy, in which case it would be no longer necessary it appear?
?6. I have not seen anything about DNA and genes associated with this. We apparently have genes that are not coded for anything obvious. Would DNA be any kind of code that might connect an energy to an individual?
?7. Would DNA connect us to ancesters' own energies or energies of others affecting your ancestors who may have had very positive or very negative experiences with our ancestors?

Hmm? Anyone?

Great questions. Let me dig in to a couple of these, and see what (if anything) I can find.

Originally posted by Y3K89
reply to post by Guyfriday

In honestly I do about 3 session's a week. Every other day-
Between that- im very pro active in my community. I try and variate my practices - Moderation , and your sense of feeling, play a role before practices - (distracted mind, tiredness)

Its good too practice, if it is out of meaning ( too help or aid) - Its these forces that are the greatest- when its for someone else. Because it does take practice, - and your awareness too self (body)-
Interesting information, and thank you for sharing this.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thanks GuyFriday for directing me to this post.

Here is what I posted previously:

""Internet search lead me here. My seven year old son reported seeing something Sunday. My wife and I were downstairs cleaning when we heard my son yell "Dad, there is something big and black following me". He came down stairs shivering with his arms hugging himself like he was cold. I asked him if he was cold and he said he was freezing. My wife and I attributed it to an over active imagination and told him it was nothing. But something nagged at me. The next day I googled "son saw something black following him". I began to read things about shadow people. I read some descriptions of a man with a hat, some blobs with red eyes, some were hooded. I thought maybe when I got home I would ask him a little more about what he saw. To my surprise he said it was a like a big black shadow with red eyes staring at him. No face, no neck. This freaked me out because it was as described by some people online. I asked if it said anything, and he said no. I told him to tell me if he saw it again, and to not to talk or touch it. He said he wanted to ask it what it wanted or if it needed help. He was adamant about it. My son is a very caring person, overly emotional at times, and he did not seem afraid of it, but I told him no because we were not sure what we were dealing with. I read that if you invoke Jesus's name it would banish them out of the house. My wife proceeded to do this in every room in the house. My wife posted it on facebook jokingly saying she was afraid to be in the house. A facebook friend of her mom, responded by saying she always knew he was an Indigo child??? I'm in the process of reading on that subject, but find that while he has many of the characteristics he does not show the characteristic strong self esteem. He is small for his age, and shows that it bothers him.

At first I did not believe that he saw a shadow person, but after reading about others and his description being so much like theirs, I find it hard not to believe he saw something. What is lingering in my mind is his determination to find out what it wanted and wanting to help it. Would you recommend him not talking to it, if it appears to him again? We are God fairing people, raised Catholic, but this is beyond my comprehension. If it is a gift from God to see and help lost spirits I want him to nurture that. We do not know where to begin getting answers. Any recommendations would be appreciated. ""

Nothing happened on Monday except my son said he saw it going to a neighbors house. My son was not afraid, he is not scared to sleep alone, and so far has not shown that he is dwelling on it. Last night around 11:30 the TV in our bedroom turned on by itself. My wife and I were both asleep and it woke us up. I thought that maybe the remote was in the bed or one of the dogs stepped on it. But it was on our dresser. My wife freaked out over that, and I must say it freaked me out too. My dogs have given no indication that they have seen or heard anything. My older dog goes ballistic when people come over, or if she hears a loud sound from outside. But since this has started she has given us no indication that she has seen or heard anything. She is extremely protective. My wife is very hesitant to seek out help because of fear of ridicule. I'm thinking of getting our house blessed.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by FJBOB

No problem. In the future try telling it to get out if it's doing something bothersome like that. That's the funny thing about getting a house "blessed". The person doing the blessing is constantly telling the "entity" to get out.

I wonder why it would go to the neighbors house? Sounds like it could be a vagabond Shadow People.

posted on May, 8 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
i believe ive seen one shadow person.

i was driving down my culdesac in suburbia late at night and a dark figure about 30ft in front of me darted out from the front yard of a house and disappeared to side of one across the street. it wasnt just a glimpse i saw it in plain view. i thought it was a robber at first, but it was just a shadow with what looked like legs running really fast, like full sprint for a person. no way to get going that fast in the small area it was in. i believe i had a friend with me and he saw it too. it wasnt scary it was just kind of like what the heck was that.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join