Shadow People: What do they do?

page: 14
46
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It is shadow people that has prompted me to sign up to ATS. As a small child up to maybe 12 there were lots of shadows which scared the life out of me. Through my teens I must have been in denial and in my 40s I confronted it and trained as a medium and psychic healer, in my 50s I have become sceptical (though still interested). In recent months I have been plagued with shadow people again in many different geographical areas and situations. Its been awhile since I last came on the site and the first thread I was drawn to was the one about 'Are you waiting for something to happen?' (all your life) and thats for me! Is it a coincidence the re-appearence of the shadows, are they connected in some way? Or at 57 am I reaching yet another mid life crisis!




posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
This is just a re-hash of what I’ve posted sofar, but I did add in a new observation about the Shadow People.
Observations: (speculations about these inside brackets)

• They seem to be self aware [they act as individuals, and they also seem to have a sense of self preservation]

• They also are able to manipulate objects [it seems that they need to be near the object in order to manipulate it. To me at least it seems that they need to be within reach of an object, but since it also appears that they can turn transparent it kind of muddles this idea]

• They have mass, or at least can vary their mass [kind of like a Buddhist Monk. The idea of them having mass comes for the fact that many of you have reported hearing a whooshing sound when they pass. This is a good indication of them having some mass]

• Even when “cloaked” they can still be detected to a degree [they emit some infra-red light after they “cloak”, and can even be seen on a thermal camera for while transparent. This last point would seem that it takes a lot of energy for them to be transparent. This could explain why they seem to like being near ionizing energy]

• They seem to give off heat that can be seen after they leave an area, or spot (this seems to be the opposite of the “Cold Spot” feeling that ghosts seem to leave behind)

• They apparently are part of some kind of social group. [I say this since they range in appearance as much as humans do, they also seem to dress differentially, and most importantly they seem have factions that they are part of (this comes to light in the reports that some seem to careless if we see them or not, others seem to treat us as a type of pet, and others seem to treat us very badly)]

• They seem to be freely mobile [They can freely move around from place to place. This implies that they can follow a person around the world if they want]



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
As for speculations:

*I’ve heard that the reason we can see things better out of the corner of our eyes is due to the way our cones and rods are (though I think it’s interesting that in some cases they can be seen clearly headon)

*I personally have never been directly attacked by a Shadow Person (other than the knob throwing incident), but it does seem like they can physically attack us since they can move objects. It also seems that there are some reports of them pushing people off of bikes (if that report can be believed) it doesn’t seem out of their abilities though.

*based off their behaviors, it seems like some of them are more like jerks than anything else. It also appears that they can be benign or aggressive. It seems like each one has its own personality.

*I’m not sure about how long ago they’ve been reported. I remember reading about tiny black figures in ancient India that would cause bad misfortune if encountered, and after doing some digging the thought that many of you have about them being from an older sociaty than our own might be true.


I like to thank everyone who responded so far.
edit on 15-11-2012 by Guyfriday because: oop's



posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Questions:

1 = Has anyone seen one move an object that wasn’t within reach of their form?

2 = Can anyone remember only certain sizes of these creatures are emotionally attached? I’m wondering if it’s only with the child sized ones, or has anybody had the taller human sized one be this way too?

3 = Does this mean that they have racial traits, or that they can alter their tone?

4 = Does being religious make it easier to detect them, or does it make them more willing to make an appearance?

5 = Do people think they are evil because they are afraid of them, or have they done something to you to make you believe that they are evil?

6 = Are there any encounters that are beneficial to you the witness?

7 = To anyone that has a reoccurring encounter with them; do you know if it has a name it goes by (not one that you call it, but one it told you)?

8 = Are there specific times of the day when they are more likely to be seen?



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
My eyes have played tricks on me for many years. I remember once in my old apartment where I had a few experiences, I walked past my bedroom. Stopped in mid-track and walked a few steps back to look again. I swore I saw someone sitting on my bed. When I looked again, whatever it had been was gone. Another time, I was working in a government building for a short assignment, walked passed the supply room...swore I saw someone working on the roof, standing on top of a ladder. Looked back again, nothing there. Just now, I swear I saw a fly or some sort of large bug or butterfly fly through my kitchen. But again, I'm just saying it's my eyes playing tricks on me.

I'm not sure what the difference between Shadow people, entities, demons or angels are. I mostly go on feelings and intuition. The hair stands up on my arms, it feels like something is crawling up and down my spine - things get tingly. Night time tends to be the worst for shadow movement. I had a friend over for my birthday one year, he's a Shaman. He said, "someone just popped up on your balcony. It was a man." I looked disappointed that I didn't see anything and my friend said, "oh he's gone now. Maybe he just wanted to say hi. It is your birthday after all." He and I tried a remote session once while chatting on the computer, and he said he could sense an elderly woman... and also, an angel. He didn't like the feeling of the angel at all, and said that they weren't beings you actually wanted to be around you. We disagreed on that theory.

I've had a few other experiences at night time, when trying to fall asleep or in that semi-awake state. Haven't had too much happen during the day time.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Bjames1955
 


No one answered you so I thought I might if that's okay op.
I don't think it's a crisis, more a curiosity and perhaps something/someone making contact. Don't forget you can set the rules it's your body, mind, and soul. Live that. Be brave.

So an energy healer? I have done a lot of reading on this and it is very enlightening, do you use AAB writings?
Is it true that a person who has been cut can not be helped?
If their lymphs are taken out how does this effect the healing?

Sorry to bombard you but I'm very curious about this.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bjames1955
It is shadow people that has prompted me to sign up to ATS. As a small child up to maybe 12 there were lots of shadows which scared the life out of me. Through my teens I must have been in denial and in my 40s I confronted it and trained as a medium and psychic healer, in my 50s I have become sceptical (though still interested). In recent months I have been plagued with shadow people again in many different geographical areas and situations. Its been awhile since I last came on the site and the first thread I was drawn to was the one about 'Are you waiting for something to happen?' (all your life) and thats for me! Is it a coincidence the re-appearence of the shadows, are they connected in some way? Or at 57 am I reaching yet another mid life crisis!
Sorry I didn't answer you back sooner, and thank you for sharing this information.

Shadow People seem to be able to follow people around, but they also seem to be able to travel around as much as we do. So their appearance lately might be nothing more then your mind being able to acept them (and the visual area of your brain being able to process them from the background light).

Now you say that you're "plagued" by them, do you mean that you are seeing them again, or are they activally inter-acting with you?



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
My eyes have played tricks on me for many years. I remember once in my old apartment where I had a few experiences, I walked past my bedroom. Stopped in mid-track and walked a few steps back to look again. I swore I saw someone sitting on my bed. When I looked again, whatever it had been was gone. Another time, I was working in a government building for a short assignment, walked passed the supply room...swore I saw someone working on the roof, standing on top of a ladder. Looked back again, nothing there. Just now, I swear I saw a fly or some sort of large bug or butterfly fly through my kitchen. But again, I'm just saying it's my eyes playing tricks on me.

I'm not sure what the difference between Shadow people, entities, demons or angels are. I mostly go on feelings and intuition. The hair stands up on my arms, it feels like something is crawling up and down my spine - things get tingly. Night time tends to be the worst for shadow movement. I had a friend over for my birthday one year, he's a Shaman. He said, "someone just popped up on your balcony. It was a man." I looked disappointed that I didn't see anything and my friend said, "oh he's gone now. Maybe he just wanted to say hi. It is your birthday after all." He and I tried a remote session once while chatting on the computer, and he said he could sense an elderly woman... and also, an angel. He didn't like the feeling of the angel at all, and said that they weren't beings you actually wanted to be around you. We disagreed on that theory.

I've had a few other experiences at night time, when trying to fall asleep or in that semi-awake state. Haven't had too much happen during the day time.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Charmeine because: (no reason given)
Thank you for providing a few answers. I don't think that the classic "Demon" quite fits with what I've seen and heard about these Shadow People (these terms are mainly religious names placed on the events, but they seem to fantastical to be anything other then imagination. Shadow People seem to follow rules of science as odd as it may seem.)

I find it interesting that your friend could detect an entity from the other side of your computer. Could you ask him how he can detect it? (I'm interested in this, as it could be useful information of actively detecting them)



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Thanks for answering some of my questions, in reply and thinking a bit harder; There seems to be no pattern to when I see shadow people, day or night or to the left or to the right. They appear breifly in the edges of sight or as a sensation that there is someone to the back or side of me, on turning round there is a split second 'impression' of something generally in human form and never in colour, I am colour blind and very seldom dream in colour so this doesnt surprise me.
Another thing that has started happening maybe over the last 3-4 years is the sound of an explosion! Always on my right side about 2 feet from my right temple and maybe slightly ahead, very loud and seemingly confind to a spherical shape (not filling the room with sound). This happens about 4 times a week and usually happens within the first hour of sleep. It is very very loud and very real!
As for the shadow people I havent tried to make contact, either mentally or out loud, I cannot say Im frightened of them cos Im not more intruiged. I dont consciously astral project and do not practice mediumship (knowingly anymore). Sometime the impression is of a large dog? but usually adults and I dont get an impression of male or female, neither maybe?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Bjames1955 because: spelling



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Guyfriday
 


He and I have been friends for a few years, we used to talk nightly on msn messenger. We got very close and he was able to read me very well. I met him through a Drumming Circle group that I used to attend as a Shaman. He always had better abilities than I did. He could just sense and see things. I don't think he even understands how it works. He always could read how I was feeling when we were together in person too. Pissed me off! Because he was always right.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charmeine
reply to post by Guyfriday
 


He and I have been friends for a few years, we used to talk nightly on msn messenger. We got very close and he was able to read me very well. I met him through a Drumming Circle group that I used to attend as a Shaman. He always had better abilities than I did. He could just sense and see things. I don't think he even understands how it works. He always could read how I was feeling when we were together in person too. Pissed me off! Because he was always right.
Thank you for the response.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bjames1955
I am colour blind and very seldom dream in colour so this doesnt surprise me.
What type of color blindness do you have? (I'm wondering if you naturally fillter light in a way that makes it easier to detect them)


Another thing that has started happening maybe over the last 3-4 years is the sound of an explosion! Always on my right side about 2 feet from my right temple and maybe slightly ahead, very loud and seemingly confind to a spherical shape (not filling the room with sound). This happens about 4 times a week and usually happens within the first hour of sleep. It is very very loud and very real!
I get these too, but I always put it off as PTSD. For me it's like a gun shot going off in the room with me, but there isn't anyone. I'm pretty sure mine are just in my head though (if I hear them in the room, nobody else seems to pay any attention to them)


As for the shadow people I havent tried to make contact, either mentally or out loud, I cannot say Im frightened of them cos Im not more intruiged. I dont consciously astral project and do not practice mediumship (knowingly anymore). Sometime the impression is of a large dog? but usually adults and I dont get an impression of male or female, neither maybe?
edit on 16-11-2012 by Bjames1955 because: spelling
Thank yuo for this additional information.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
With colours, if their vivid enough Im ok otherwise its shades of colours, its a shock when I do dream in colour. If I look at a rainbow I see two colours, yellow and blue thats all.
I too was diagnosed with PTSD some years ago following 25 years in the fire service, Ive never made a connection with that and the 'gun shots' (a better discription!). I cannot say its a 're-run' of a noise or explosion that I may have experienced, makes me jump nevertheless!!! I do also (as Im told) also speak in tongues at night in a language not known to my partner though she says I sound fluent in it what ever it is and I speak in a strange wisper! I have been tested for sleep apnia but dont have it.



posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bjames1955
With colours, if their vivid enough Im ok otherwise its shades of colours, its a shock when I do dream in colour. If I look at a rainbow I see two colours, yellow and blue thats all.
Very helpful information. Now I'll see if I can use it to filter out some light waves (this will take time though)


I too was diagnosed with PTSD some years ago following 25 years in the fire service, Ive never made a connection with that and the 'gun shots' (a better discription!). I cannot say its a 're-run' of a noise or explosion that I may have experienced, makes me jump nevertheless!!! I do also (as Im told) also speak in tongues at night in a language not known to my partner though she says I sound fluent in it what ever it is and I speak in a strange wisper! I have been tested for sleep apnia but dont have it.
Have you ever tried recording what you say? I was told that I snore, but when I got recorded I was chanting stuff. It was oddly funny when I listened back on it.



posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I use an app on my phone to record night activities. I seem to be most active when the app is off for some reason but I will keep trying. On a wider scale with more and more people with smart phones and sound operated apps surely its a matter of time before abductions are recorded if not already?
edit on 18-11-2012 by Bjames1955 because: spelling



posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The few that I have experienced have done nothing but appear then try to get out of sight when noticed.
Not saying they can't do other things, just stating personal experience.



posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I have a resident shadow person in my apartment...I wish that he'd help with the rent. All jokes aside, my animals sense them and from time to time you can see him plain as day walking down my hallway through a closed door.

I think that he is residual and I never had an uneasy feeling when he appears...I am what they call a "sensitive"...in other words, I can feel their presence, but I can't communicate with them...there is a big difference between psychics and sensitives. Mediums are nothing but BS...perhaps they are sensitives capitalizing on their unique sense.



posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Bjames1955
 


I've always dreamed in colour too. Very vivid dreams. I travel a lot in my dreams and find myself in strange places. A lot of times I come out with the dream with a good story for a book. I really should start writing them out. It's like I'm watching a movie play and then I turn into the main character. Really interesting stuff.

I still haven't seen any thing in the physical world though every night this week I've had that feeling that I'm not alone. It's getting overwhelming enough that I told whatever it was last night to back off and took a sleeping pill.



posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I thought this video contained some interesting video evidence, insight and 'food for thought' that was worth sharing.



In my own experience with the demonic, there was a lot of mind control being worked with my family members (and partially on myself.) It or they did this with apparent ease. As I've stated previously, I cannot say if the demon that attacked me was one of the Shadow Men or just working for them, but the fact that the Shadow Men had followed me for days leading up to the attacks can't be a coincidence.

Also, at 3:10 this vid shows short shadow beings. I've seen similar ones a lot. They hang around in my bedroom, usually going under my bed or around my bedpost. They are short, stocky and seem harmless enough. Again, I am a Sensitive and have seen lots of strange stuff in my lifetime (lights, shadows, etc.) I kept to the subject of Shadow Men. I am not sure how these short shadow people (or sometimes animals) fit into the equation; if they're all just different manifestations of the same kind of entity or not.



posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Just this minute got bag from a stroll around the southern edge of Cheesefoot head. Just me and a camera. There was a couple of cars in the carpark but had the bowl to myself and the odd pheasant! Been awhile since Ive been up there. Quite a lot of shadow stuff going on in the corners and the usual feeling of being watched. A lot of energy coming off the trees, though not a surprise when you think what they have witnessed over the centuries!





new topics
top topics
 
46
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

log in

join