It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive A-10 Warthog Deployment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I didnt think A10's would be the preferred choice for Iran. Iran have good anti-air, and the A10 is a slower craft.
Plus, why use jets when cruise missiles are sufficient?

the A-10 could be used in the gulf against ships.
a A-10 with a full armament load-out could take out just about everything with the full armament. from small speed boats to destroyers
and operate from dirt strips next to the gulf.
cs.finescale.com...

edit on 5-10-2012 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Trajan

Neither will be the next hit I suspect. Something like 24 HC/MC/AC-130s, along with a number of KC-135s, and smaller aircraft headed to the African theater recently.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Don't forget, Syria has to go down before Iran.

I figure Near East theatre. idk about A-10 basing for an Iran operation, it seems like a Naval aviation layer under a USAF intercept/deep strike force would work there.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499

Originally posted by Bearack
They are rarely ..... well actually, never sent in when there are established anti air batteries. A-10's have minimal defensive measures and would air fodder until all anti air defenses are eliminated.

A-10s were designed to fly under SAMs and are heavily armored to withstand ground fire. One of their primary missions is the Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses or SEAD.

I'd agree in that it's armor, no other aircraft can match but to say one of their primary mission is the suppression of enemy air defense would be a tad misleading.

www.af.mil...

They are a slow aircraft and have limited jamming capability. Their primary role is ground support and mechanized killers.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If they fly East, I'll know about it. I live 8 miles from the base. They run air drills on Thursdays, right over my house.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
uh...

A-10's are used for INF. Support, kinda like the Apache, or Cobra.....

are also known around some parts to fly with one or no wings attached..

Where ever they are going, it would prob. be a place where a large pile of troops are.. Me would think...

would not waste all of those resources on Syria, or Iran..

If I had to guess.. The far east....

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

On August 2nd @1am I counted 25 A10s leave DM from my house. Strange time for them. Buckle up something. Is going down

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Late to the party ... again !

Just wanted to share some sobering pics ... ( well one ! )

No. Thank you !

... And the powers that be - were gonna can them !!

A10's look like someone I'd like to call ... A mate !!

Ed ; How good is this in a line up - actually I can hear Super hornets flying overhead now ! ( Williamtown AFB is close enough to wave at pilots of FA18's on the beach ! lol )

The faster this is stepped on - the better !!

edit on 22-9-2014 by Timely because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
They sure are not going to Iran, come on people. We would not try to do that many things at once. They have already said they were going to fight ISIS for years. I laughed when I heard that come out of his mouth, the Joint Chiefs mouth that is.

I think its comical that they do not think they can bomb ISIS into oblivion in a year. I know some would be left but nothing that the Iraqi forces could not mop up.

These will either go to A-STAN or to slaughter ISIS in Iraq and Syria. They would do fine in Syria since one F22 can jam everything around them. Assad does not have the testicular fortitude to even try to lock on to one of our jets.

Israel has no problem bombing anything in Syria they want do to either thanks to their Jamming prowess.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join