It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive A-10 Warthog Deployment

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
theaviationist.com...

SHTF, yes, but the image hardly looks like a spy photo.

Someone upload it to ATS server, please.

Another breaking story is the collapse of the Iranian Dari.

Could Obama pull a rabbit out of his hat, but w/o open warfare?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Your source site seems to have an update posted at the end?

Update: according to the latest rumors the “Hogs” are on their way to Afghanistan, where they would replace the current mix of ANG A-10s of the 104th and 184th FS deployed there since March.

It's even more disturbing to think we're still rotating good equipment into a place I really want to see troops coming out of...but I guess that explanation beats some desolate strip in Saudi or Oman.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingFox

Just uploaded the picture for you Op

they really are scary

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It would be a good cover for both squadrons to MIA into the Near East.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Would hate to be on the receiving end of all that fire power... I love warthogs, probably my favorite aircraft...they are nasty.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyingFox
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It would be a good cover for both squadrons to MIA into the Near East.

You may be onto to something after all.. I don't have enough to share or feel I can share yet, but a few rumors along with a couple people I know acting a little oddly and real suddenly, too. Small things...and a real big suggestion that hell's coming to Libya and Clinton's looking for blood. I got a feeling...she took this all dangerously personal. Damn sure dangerous for someone on her little list if Obama has given her free run to settle matters. Hmm...

Maybe your A-10's are meant for a little detour before they end up at their intended destination? The hardware has to come from somewhere...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   
I didnt think A10's would be the preferred choice for Iran. Iran have good anti-air, and the A10 is a slower craft.
Plus, why use jets when cruise missiles are sufficient?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I didnt think A10's would be the preferred choice for Iran. Iran have good anti-air, and the A10 is a slower craft.
Plus, why use jets when cruise missiles are sufficient?

A-10's are merely ground support and mechanized killers. They are rarely ..... well actually, never sent in when there are established anti air batteries. A-10's have minimal defensive measures and would air fodder until all anti air defenses are eliminated.

However, the A-10 is one bad a$$ when it comes to slaughtering tanks, supply lines and enemy troops.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   

However, the A-10 is one bad a$$ when it comes to slaughtering tanks, supply lines and enemy troops.
reply to post by Bearack

Not forgetting British Army soldiers in blue on blues.. Even on exercise in America they shot at us!! I wish your A10 tank busting pilots would learn AFV recognition and stop targeting their allies ffs!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Here's the pic.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That's a lot of planes! If they're really headed to Iran, is this supposed to be intimidation or is America gearing up to help out Israel?
edit on 4-10-2012 by techwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Just to give you an idea what they do. Mainly support... but gives new meaning to Death Metal
Edited to add.. Id be more worried if they had a bunch of ac 130's loaded up.
There is a reason they call it Gods right hand.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It's not Iran. There are a number of odd deployments heading to the Africa theater after the death of the Ambassador in Libya. None of them have gone near Iran however. Within a couple of days after that incident, several dozen planes were heading over the Atlantic, and stopped in the Africa theater.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bearack
They are rarely ..... well actually, never sent in when there are established anti air batteries. A-10's have minimal defensive measures and would air fodder until all anti air defenses are eliminated.

A-10s were designed to fly under SAMs and are heavily armored to withstand ground fire. One of their primary missions is the Suppression of Enemy Air Defenses or SEAD.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Designed to kill tanks but used to kill civilians and open beer bottles. The guys that use them don't have to pay for them. Might as well fight a war the easy way, right?
Here is some proof
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Notice how the coordinates are Xed out. Thanks to censorship initiated on this site.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

How is that this site? The military releases those, and always blocks out portions of the HUD. You can get alot of info if you know how to read it.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a very scary aircraft. the sound of their gatling guns is terrifying.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Why is everyone figuring it will Iran they are going to hit?

It seems to me like Syria would be a more likely candidate for the A-10s to pound away at :/

Iran produces some of their own missiles, air craft, small arms and have a shed load of Russian BM-21s sitting around, plus some N. Korean and Syrian systems as well.

Iran is too tough to crack for those A-10's, but Syria is being slowly ripped apart by the FSA and that Turkish strike the other day helped to sway the balance in Northern Syria towards FSA fighters.

Hmm.. I don't know.. It'll be something to keep an eye out for.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by techwolf

Purely an Afghan deployment. See following for details of the 18 A-10s as they route through Azores and Italy on their way to Afghanistan.

warthognews.blogspot.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join