It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman's face scarred after spa visit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
cnn.com...

I'm gonna warn you-this video is a bit rough to watch. This woman's face has been permanently damaged. Now why do I bring this up? This kind of thing happens all the time. Most people have no idea how the injection business works. You can give these injections in any kind of establishment. As an example let me show you something (and I'm sorry if it seems overly personal):
Aqua Color Lounge

If you scroll down you will see this business provides facial injections. This is a hair salon guys. They are not bad people, I get my hair cut there. Would I get Botox there? Hell no. I'm going to post this bold and in large font so you guys understand me clearly:

Only get facial injections from a certified medical professional with a certification from a reputable Dermatology or Plastic surgery board and only in an establishment that specializes in the service you are seeking.

Please, Don't cut corners with your face. Don't go to the Boob doctor for Botox and don't go to the Botox man for your boobs. Now, some of you are going to say "Well, I'll never need that", don't speak so soon. Botox actually is proven to help migraines and TMJ. Many people get Botox for these reasons (and vanity). Want to see what happens when you cut corners with your face (beside what happened to that poor lady at the start of this post)?
Dial the silicone back
That looks painful
Death by Silicon
She's gonna blow!

The FDA does not demand people who give these injections have to be medical professionals. There is no regulation concerning who gets to administer these fillers. The FDA wants to move on that, but it's going to be awhile before there is any ruling on it. Until then follow my advice:Say no to silicon and fat grafting. Restylane and hydraulic acid fillers will do the same job and they are not going to last forever (they break down to nothing after less than 5 years). They also have less in the way of harmful side effects. Do not get facial injections where you get your hair cut, where you get a massage, where you a get a facial, or where you get your nails done. And for the love of all that is holy: DON'T GET BUTT INJECTIONS IN SOMEONE'S APARTMENT!!!! Only get facial injections from a Dermatologist or in a certified Plastic surgery center. Ask for photos of clients who have gotten the same injection you want, research the doctor in question (and if it ain't a doctor, don't let them touch your face) and make sure you find reviews. This will save you from looking like this. Have a good night.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Thats awful what happened to her all in the name of vanity and not being informed about what your allowing to be done to your body
It's becoming all too common.
I recently heard about a girl we know throwing Botox parties.
I don't know what that involved but I'm thinking they must get injected at the home. I wouldn't even do it in a medical setting.

All the actresses in Hollywood get those big fat fish lips. Looks terrible. Like they just got punched in the mouth.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

Yea, the cheek fillers are popular too. The face we are seeing in hollywood is well...feline for lack of a better term. We've never seen faces like them before. For instance: Madonna
Madonna has gotten some of her fillers removed though so she looks less like a cat, but yeah, pillow face is just rampant in hollywood these days. For a decade or so the overly tight facelift look was the thing and now it's cat/pillow face with fish lips.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Wow! Scary stuff. I don't understand why people just can't age with grace. A youthful appearance is always nice but me thinks if they were so worried about what they'd look like in the future, then they should have taken better care of themselves in their youth.

An ex of mine, her mother, used to get botox injections regularly. One day after getting injected and already home, the doctor calls her and tells her to rush back. They had accidentally injected her with the wrong stuff! Even getting it done by a professional with a license doesn't guarantee safety. I'm just gonna enjoy my appearance now and deal with the cards I'm dealt later.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
First world problems... sticking needles in your head to look pretty.

Honestly, I have no sympathy.. I find the whole botox thing ridiculous. Like cement'n'Super glue bubble butt girl, it looks stupid. STUPID.

Ahh but it's her life..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Actually I probably agree with your sentiments the most.
Vanity is a terrible thing, and to see the disfigurement because of it...
Well, that is just a risk you take for your own selfish pleasure.

I have very little sympathy for people who have suffered from botched plastic surgery.
The ignorance and selfishness of people just baffles me.
I don't ever want to understand that kind of mentality.

Sure, go ahead and try to look younger, prettier or less wrinkly.
Because we ALL know that is exactly what matters in life.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Believe it or not I share your sentiments, but unlike most of you I have simply faced the reality people are going to do this. You might as well tell them where they can do it safely and that was my point. I'm done condemning people.

new topics

top topics

join