It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Romney Debate #1: What Happened?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Don't worry guys. There's still lots of attack ads to come.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Romney missed his best one liner opportunity of the night.

When Obama helplessly tried to link his failed Presidency to the past economic success of Bill Clinton, Romney's reply should have been ....

I know Bill Clinton and you sir are no Bill Clinton

or better still....

Mr President are you actually trying to link your values as a President to a former President who was impeached for lying about having sex in the White House with one of his interns?

edit on 4-10-2012 by beanandginger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beanandginger

No. I don't think he was trying to link his values to anyone. I believe what he was pointing out is that the economy was expanding, unemployment was low, people were doing well and alot of millionaires were made under Clinton's administration despite taxes being almost 15% higher for the upper deciles. In other words, there really isn't any historical correlation between GDP (or job creation) and upper tier tax rates ( go ahead, Google it --- I dare you) despite what Romney is trying to get people to believe.

Personally I don't give a crap who or what the President is schtuking as long as things improve. In my book, diddling an intern isn't nearly on the same moral level as destroying the homes and property of women, children and old people 'just because'. But that's probably just me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Obama was clearly out of his element and left floundering in the rip current without his water wings. Four years of constant coddling and secret diaper changes by the MSM will do that to you. It will be interesting to see how Obama prepares for the next bout. First, he needs to get rid of his coach, John Kerry.

Regarding the debate itself... It was nice to actually see an actual debate for a change. Leher seemed a little overwhelmed at times but at least he let the two go at it in a civil manner. It has been quite amusing to read the rants of the liberal Monday morning quarterbacks regarding Obama's very poor performance. They are even blaming the moderator and the Denver altitude (Al Gore) for Obama's fail.
edit on 4-10-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Did romney win? On the metrics of flash over substance that these debates are judged by...YES

But what the right doesn't seem to understand is that these debates are like a RedSox/Yankees game...Everyone cheers and boos and is looking for a good contest, but at the end no one changes allegiances when thier team loses.

We are a pretty damn polarized country right now....in no small part to right-wing rhetoric encouraging the same. You reap what you sew.

Yes...yes..yes...Romney looked more confident on stage...while BSing and Flip-Flopping at every turn.

BUT in reality it ....Just....doesn't...matter.
edit on 4-10-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Bill Maher is asking what happened to Obama, is shocked at his performance. Wonder if Bill is kissing that million dollar donation he made to Obama goodbye...

Des

Most of it will be paid to Allied Van Lines, Careful Touch Packing LTD and a back door flight back to Honolulu.

Cant wait for the foreign policy debate. You think it was bad for Barry this go round. This one will seem like a patty cake game after the dust from the next one settles.

The fraud cant answer any questions without 47 writers and a teleprompter. Its obvious he is a fraud.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Did romney win? On the metrics of flash over substance that these debates are judged by...YES

But what the right doesn't seem to understand is that these debates are like a RedSox/Yankees game...Everyone cheers and boos and is looking for a good contest, but at the end no one changes allegiances when thier team loses.

We are a pretty damn polarized country right now....in no small part to right-wing rhetoric encouraging the same. You reap what you sew.

Yes...yes..yes...Romney looked more confident on stage...while BSing and Flip-Flopping at every turn.

Yes...It...Does...Matter.

Very much to me, and many I know, it matters. I can't afford another 4 years of Obama's change. His change has been too destructive to my personal finances, and to the Country I call home. I can't see another 4 years of erosion of my Constitutional rights. Another 4 years of divisiveness in the people of America, to further the political career of one individual, who seems to not care for this Country as a whole.

It...Does...Matter...Very...Much.

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Very much to me, and many I know, it matters. I can't afford another 4 years of Obama's change. His change has been too destructive to my personal finances, and to the Country I call home.

How??? Be specific. Skip the the GOP fiction of apocolypse...the economy has improved...no "freedoms" have been taken away. The GOP just aren't creative...alll they can do is ape the rhetoric they heard from Democrats when their hero Pres. GWB was in office. The fact that 4 years ago the claims were supported by actual erosion of rights...torture, warrantless wire-taps...falseified intelligence, indefinite detentions etc, doesn't really matter.

I can't see another 4 years of erosion of my Constitutional rights. Another 4 years of divisiveness in the people of America, to further the political career of one individual, who seems to not care for this Country as a whole.

Compromise is a dirty word to the GOP...they proclaimed their number one goal was to make the President a one term President....right after he was sworn in.

Tell me again about Divisiveness? How do you define it? Any scenario where Congress or the President refuses the idealogical and political demands of the GOP?

The GOP are the ones with a pure political agenda at the expense of the country. They have proudly proclaimed this as thier goal. They have taken the country hostage with Jobs Bills and Debt Cieling raises to get thier demands.

Gross dishonesty in this claim.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Obama was clearly out of his element and left floundering in the rip current without his water wings.

Agreed....Gross dishonesty, lies and flip-floppery are not the President's "element".

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Mitt was brilliant, no doubt. But he also completely distanced himself from the core principles that have guided the Republican party for the past four years. This was anything but a passionate defence of conservative values.

I suspect the President will bring his A game in round 2.

brilliant??...did any of you romney lovers actually listen, and understand the words that came out of his mouth?....geez...why am i even asking this crowd? i already know the answer.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

There is nothing I can say that will remove your Obama tinted glasses. You'll keep wearing them, even when you are trying to figure out why you are waiting in line for a food handout, if he continues on the path he is on.

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

There is nothing I can say that will remove your Obama tinted glasses. You'll keep wearing them, even when you are trying to figure out why you are waiting in line for a food handout, if he continues on the path he is on.

Des

I ask for specifics...you retort with GOP apocolyptic political fiction. You represent your party perfectly.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Des

I ask for specifics...you retort with GOP apocolyptic political fiction. You represent your party perfectly.

You mind is set in dried-up mud...not my problem....

Des

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Yes...It...Does...Matter.

Very much to me, and many I know, it matters. I can't afford another 4 years of Obama's change. His change has been too destructive to my personal finances, and to the Country I call home. I can't see another 4 years of erosion of my Constitutional rights. Another 4 years of divisiveness in the people of America, to further the political career of one individual, who seems to not care for this Country as a whole.

It...Does...Matter...Very...Much.

Des

i have a feeling you won't read this, but, i put it out there anyway, just to counter limbaugh, hannity, fox news, right-wing radio, breitbart, the washington examiner, the new york post, donald trump, CNBC, the koch bros. prosperity for america, the tea party, etc.....you know.....liberal media

pleasecutthecrap.typepad.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Des

You mind is set in dried-up mud...not my problem....

Des

My mind is swayed by actual numbers and facts...not political rhetoric..Falling unemployment, rising GDP, Rising job creation in the Private Sector...less public sector jobs than at anytime during Pres. GWBs term.

Republicans would be cheering this economy if not for that "Kenyan" in the White House.

Vitriol and BS is all I see comming from the conservative ranks that I used to respect.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join