It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Romney Debate #1: What Happened?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Really?

Thats just crazy.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I just don't understand those of you who think this was anything but Infotainment.

Nothing happens on that screen in these events with people in that world that isn't intended to happen. If Obama looked weak, it's because that was his script. If Romney looked strong, that was his script.

Come on.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
What happened?

Looks like Obama bit the bag and stepped out the door.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by Alxandro
I knew iI could count on my ATS pals to come through.

Dagummit, sorry I missed it,

From what I'm reading, Obama's body language said it all.

Is this true?

Not just his body language...his whole freakin' body screamed.."I'm a lost little boy, I don't know what I'm doing...waaaaaa....."

I posted the Chris Matthews link to vid above for you....You've got to see this one....

Des

edit on 3-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

As I surfed the channels to watch different biased networks' reactions, I came upon MSNBC and caught Matthews in full admission...first thing I blurted out..."Are you gonna cry now"??? He looked totally betrayed!

edit on 4-10-2012 by elrem48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimar
Mitt was brilliant, no doubt. But he also completely distanced himself from the core principles that have guided the Republican party for the past four years. This was anything but a passionate defence of conservative values.

I suspect the President will bring his A game in round 2.

Even if he brings his A game in round 2. He'll still be sans teleprompter. Which became apparent to every single MSM outlet, he is lost without. I clicked through every news outlet tonight after the debate. They were all talking about the shaky performance by Obama without his teleprompter. Plus, he'll have to crawl through the mess left by Biden in the next debate. Biden vs Ryan will be a hoot n' a hollar....

Des

edit on 4-10-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kimar

I really don't think he is capable of an A game unless it is scripted.

He is an empty suit with no work or real life experience.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I would love to have a party for that one!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

I would love to have a party for that one!

That will be like Reagan vs Bozo the Clown

I'm going to make popcorn balls for that one....going all out, I am....

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Not so fast people. The fact checkers are reporting that Romney lied throughout the entire thing, and trampled the moderator in a not very nice, rather bullying way. My take on it was that Obama was presidential and in control, albeit tired. Romney did a lot of that 'smirking' thing that turns off a lot of people, and managed to put in one of his prepared zingers which fell flat.

For someone with some political background and who has been watching this every day for months, not just tonight, this was not as cut and dried as you're making it out to be.

And if someone decides who to vote for based on an hour and a half of a rather dry recitation of numbers and 'promises', they should be ashamed of themselves. It's not that simple.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Come on.

You don't have to even like Romney, or want to vote for him, to know Obama was served some teleprompter pie.

He looked like an Amateur.

Im sure Jimmy Carter was even laughing........

I was.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
My take on it was that Obama was presidential and in control, albeit tired.

He stuttered, took a while to compose thoughts, and had to be reminded by the prompter more than once what the issue was. There is definitely more to this election than these debates, but I do not see how Obama was in control at all.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Just had a thought. Obama has been resting up for days in a resort. He's been practicing debates, probably for weeks, he's been briefed on everything under the sun, and Romney didn't throw any surprises.

How will Obama do, negotiating with Putin, Ahmadinejad, or any other world leader?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Awaiting these supposed lies Romney told.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Obama fell on his face

Splat

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

OMG a politician might have played it a bit loose with the facts, and in a debate no less! I am shocked I tell you shocked. /end sarcasm/

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
All I can say is. The debate tonight was a definitive game changer.

I can see the frantic emails going out from the DNC tomorrow.....WE NEED MONEY!!! We'll even take food stamps at this point. Don't buy your kids any toys this year for Christmas. Instead, give them the gift of Obama as President for the next 4 years....send that toy money to us, we'll put it to better use. Obama needs that toy money, now!

Des

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

So whats the spin with Obama supporters? Can they really say their candidate, did well?

Ive seen 4 years of kool-aid grins, I am sure one debate, hasn't changed the elixir, he cranks out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
And I can't believe the MSM wouldn't be fair and fact check Obama also.

I am sure they are feverishly working on it right now.

That was sarcasm also.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by MsAphrodite

So whats the spin with Obama supporters? Can they really say their candidate, did well?

Ive seen 4 years of kool-aid grins, I am sure one debate, hasn't changed the elixir, he cranks out.

I am a full blown supporter and he clearly got served like a biotch

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Even though, he was "served", you still support him?

I am so glad I am not easily swayed...........

Good luck, as a supporter though. I really mean that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join