It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crystal Battery, Next generation kind of battery?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomCommander

Wow, cool. Reminds me of Star Trek, with their dilithium crystal. (Although in Star Trek the crystal is used to regulate antimatter injection, not to yield energy).

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

There are people that did it, but they are not willing to talk.

With my schedule it's hard for me to find a good size crystal, and build a generator that is able to reach that voltage.

That is why I said, "I'm sorry in advance for not providing any proof upfront."

Now, I can go into a whole wax ball of what is really gravity, but we will be just hitting our heads against each other again on whose right and whose wrong. Not worth it.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Then try it, if you dare.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
how about this.

you get a car and you strip it. make it as light as you can. you just keep the four wheels.

then you attach a horse to it. maybe two if you want to go faster.

then you use reigns to steer.

its not as fast as a car, but the maintenance is cheap, and the horses can feed on grass.

the energy is free. the horses do all the work.

anything we do has to be modelled on nature. we extract energy from relatively little food.

i think magnets, super conductors and specially built frictionless roads to drive on is the future.

nuclear energy can supply the power cheaply, magnets provide lift and super conductors provide a resistance free transfer of energy so it'll be nearly 100% efficient, keeping costs to pennies on the mile.
edit on 3-10-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

How would I get from Pennsylvania to California this way? Can I tow like 80 horses behind my 2 to have for backup to the main 2? I guess if I gathered enough horses, I could go wherever I wanted within a 80 year timeframe......

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Regardless, this is all theoretical talk. I'd rather see you jump in labs or diy at the house, getting your hands dirty and seeing some vids of some breakthroughs.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Even if this did work,I don't see how its free energy.

Even you yourself said you need to charge it first.

Why does it either have to be how it is now, or free ?

what about a reduction? Why isn't that good enough?

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Yeah it's like that, but there are some other cool things that science is not willing to explain.

You think that a rock or a crystal is dead? Guess again. It's alive and well although not to some people because it doesn't move. But it grows slowly, so does that make it dead or inanimate?

As well, there are other kinds of crystals, such as a pure iron crystal. Been looking for a picture of it, but no luck, it's known by science as the strongest substance known. The description is that due to it uniform and intelligent structure, a whisker of iron crystal has a tensile strength of over 500,000 lbs/inch^2. The atoms need to be closer together in order to achieve this feat.

Carbon nanotubes can only go up to 11000-63000, and Graphene can only go up to 130000.

Really weird thing is, this is a war between science and nature. Whose going to win? I'm siding with nature because science uses bio-mimicry on some occasions.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Pure iron would be more resistant than nanocarbon? I though nanocarbon was the strongest known to man.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

I thought so too, but I was wrong before.

If something uniform is that strong, what if there were other metals that we in a pure crystal-like state?

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Yeah... Imagine, say, a pure tungsten crystal: It's the metal which has the highest melting point. So the crystal would be strong, heat resistant... a dream.
edit on 7-10-2012 by swan001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Maybe exist, maybe doesn't. No one known knows where it grows.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by randomname

This is what I've said. Compressed air is the future, but guess who'll own all the air?? It'll become illegal to bottle it yourselves. Good thread though. We just get slivers of technology but they have things that would blow our minds. It's all about money. IDK why we even use jump drives or SD cards when 10 million x amount can be stored on crystal, and it'd be cheap.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Maybe you could call it "nearly free crystal battery…or energy. NFCB, NFCE. Or you could get more serious about it, build a prototype, and name it Efficient Crystal Battery, sell it to poor Africans and wait for the MIB to show up at your door and then you disappear. The only way someone could do this if it was completely in secret and private, flood the market with the product, put the plans out there for free download after you make your 1st million or two. Then maybe, just maybe people can get a break.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

Like I said, People did it, but they are not talking.

Plus the plans are out, but they are really deep, that is why I can't claim them. I found it in a book. And it's near impossible to overwrite a book.
edit on 8-10-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Like you said crystals can store a lot of memory.

If bacteria can store information, why can't crystal? Since crystal has a strong affinity to reflect light in all spectra.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by Arbitrageur

As well, with this railgun, why build it? So you can be the man with bigger stick? What is it's purpose besides destructive means?

sounds like a tremendous tool for civil engineering (railroad tunnels, etc)
third world could use some infrastructure help.
maybe even anti-asteroid defense?

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by works4dhs

When you put it like that, then I have to re-sin my opinion on why I won't participate in such a project.

There are other things beside sending projectiles, you can save up on a heck of a lot of fuel if you put a space shuttle in it, or even a space ship in a gigantic sized railgun.

Instead of using 10' tall capacitors, you can just rely on a 1 cubic foot crystal cube to get you the results you want.

Lighter, faster, and easier to use.

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   
*rolls eyes* "Free" energy..

However, anytime the topic of new batteries (or ultra capacitors as it were) comes up I always wonder why people don't pounce the fsck out of the FAA. From what I've seen in multiple EE engagements the FAA is the biggest hindrance for investment and adoption of new battery technologies. If it can't be approved for air travel, quickly, nobody wants to touch it. -Mags

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Insurrection

The Federal Aviation Administration knows this stuff in secret and most likely share it to only those that are in their circle.

I don't know exactly, but they have the tech to make a crystal fly.

One more reason why I don't like government and don't trust it.
edit on 9-10-2012 by FreedomCommander because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join