It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Power Of Nightmares - BBC2, 20th oct 2004

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This post may belong in the NWO forum, depending on how you perceive the implications of the information in the following series of TV programs...

This Wednesday coming (20th october), the BBC will be nailing their colours to the mast after falling out with the government, by showing an expose of (mainly US and British) government agendas, and their fabrication of the terrorist threat as a means of controlling the masses.
The program is called The Power Of Nightmares, and runs over several episodes, this week's being the first.

Here's a review of the program from the Daily Mail, unfortunately it is only available in print, hence no link:

The Power Of NightMares (4 stars)

Today, politicians are seen more as managers of public life rather than true leaders because we have lost faith in their ideologies. The fight against terrorism, however, has given them a new way to restore their power: by promising to protect us from danger, they hope to win our vote. But how much of the terrorist threat is a fantasy exagerated and distorted by politicians? Adam Curtis's epic new series comes up with astonishing and historical evidence. His intelligent, thought provoking films are a far cry from the dumbed-down factual programming normally spoon fed to viewers. He assumes we can join the dots ourselves.

I don't watch much telly, but I'll be glued to the screen on Wednesday, and would recommend watching it to you, as I have to my friends. Much kudos to the BBC here for having the guts to show such a program - maybe they realise that their Royal Charter won't be renewed, so they've nothing to lose after their bust up with the gov't over Iraq intelligence.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Paul]

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Bump! So, did anyone watch it?

posted on Oct, 21 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I made a thread regarding this yesterday www.abovetopsecret.com...

It was an excellent program and I am looking forward to the remaining two. It just shows how the neo-cons are creating a climate of fear yet again, just like the apparent terrorsist they are fighting. Fear=power.

new topics

join