It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Presidential Debate (10/03/2012)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

I didn't watch the debate. I was busy last night creating my Anti-GMO website and Facebook page to help bring about Real Change.

Spoke to my 84 year old Mom today. She is so against Obama that she loves Romney - simply because she buys into the voting for the lesser of two evils propaganda. I told her about Romney ties to Monsanto and GMO Foods and she tore my head off only saying they are coming out with that info at this time to make him look bad and Obama look good.

She doesn't understand she is only getting fed a little info at a time TPTB only want her to see. She doesn't understand why she doesn't hear about GMO Foods on the news if they are so bad. ( half the things I tell her about from Internet new resources she doesn't see on the TV news - Fox she believes is not controlled by the government but all others are) These non Internet voters are who the candidates are counting on. It's all rigged anyway because of the way the electoral college works.- something else she doesn't understand.

We really are living in a different world then she grew up in and the powers that be are afraid of our power the internet gives us.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by sealing

All that happened last night is we heard the "Bait"
part of Romney's Bait and Switch plan.
It's classic Romney.

Actually Obama is the "bait & switch" master.

4 years has proved it !

And did anyone get this from last night.......

In President Obama's closing statement at last night's debate, he seemed to make a remarkable slip. "All those things are designed to make sure that the American people, their genius, their grit, their determination, is -- is channeled and -- and they have an opportunity to succeed. And everybody's getting a fair shot. And everybody's getting a fair share," Obama said, before quickly correcting himself and adding.
Official portrait of Barack Obama

"[E]verybody's doing a fair share, and everybody's playing by the same rules," he added.

The president made the statement in conjunction with defending his time in office. "You know, four years ago, I said that I'm not a perfect man and I wouldn't be a perfect president. And that's probably a promise that Governor Romney thinks I've kept. But I also promised that I'd fight every single day on behalf of the American people, the middle class, and all those who were striving to get into the middle class. I've kept that promise and if you'll vote for me, then I promise I'll fight just as hard in a second term," Obama concluded.....

Obama: 'Everybody's Getting a Fair Share'

read between the lines !!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Romney mopped.the floor with obama last night.

The.empty suit.doesnt do well without bis.teleprompter and gadgets.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

You should let your Ma know that Fox News is partly owned by the Saudi government actually, as Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal, a nephew of the Saudi king, is their 2nd largest shareholder.

Looking out for you, America!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

Mitt Romney wants to cut government spending.
And he gleefully says this.
Yet what he's telling america is that when I'm in office I'm going to lay off a bunch of government workers.
Which will increase the unemployment rate.
Not sure how he's going to recover from that one.

He'll recover from it from the fact that it inherently starts reversing a "nation-killing" trend. A nation that is employed by majority in bureaucratic positions is not a growing...or even sustaining...nation. The USSR proved this. If you cut the government budget you free money to apply in areas that grow new business start ups and you start gaining ground to reduce the tax burden on the average consumer so that you free up money for consumer spending. When you stimulate growth in business, you create new jobs that are PRODUCTIVE jobs instead of bureacratic burdens on the taxpayers. Instead of a being in the "cost" column of your accounting book, you create a taxpaying private position that is in the "revenue" column of your accounting book.

This is the part that blows my mind that people who believe the federal government should just keep building itself and taking on more and more don't get. You can't be self-sustaining....you're not healthy at all...to be a "government-ran nation". Even the long-term hold-outs such as Russia and China have learned that lesson. They have been schooling our nation for over a decade now in how to grow your nation's prosperity via capitalism.

Meanwhile, we've been heading in the other direction where we have this vast socialized contingency growing that thinks making money is evil. That a person like Mitt Romney who started on his own efforts and grew to be wealthy is an evil person who should be brought down. We have people who want to take the standard vernacular of the investment community...words such as "harvest"...and not understand that capital investors do just that. They invest in start ups, stick with the company to make it a profitable thriving company, and then "harvest" their return on investment to move on to the next entrepeneur they are going to help. There is nothing evil about that. A company was brought to profitability, grown and people employed while the original investment was at play. When the original investor "harvests" his profit, he's not "killing the company", he's simply cashing in on the return on investment that his original risk warrants.

The country's mentality is effed beyond belief.
edit on 10-4-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'll comment upon a debate once the proper candidates show up.

Without Gary Johnson or at least ANYBODY else besides two sides of a same coin, I cannot judge who did best.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Almost this entire thread is not about the topics and answers of the debate, but the cult of personality that takes precedence over the future of our country. I don't agree with it.

When they were both asked, "What is the job of the federal government?"
I face palmed when the President said "To keep the people safe."
Mitts answer about upholding the constitution was dead on. I just don't have enough faith in him to believe him.

And... when I kept hearing "bipartisan" as an answer to all these problems that we face, I kept thinking about the American people as a whole getting screwed by an elephant and a donkey. Not visualizing like that of course lol.
They are both clowns.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Originally posted by AboveBoard

Originally posted by BrieBird
reply to post by AboveBoard

I thought that Romney would come off as a bit too aggressive to some people for sure but I think that was his point; to be the take charge guy. He was definilty prepared to debate. I honostly thought Obama was gonna do much better tonight.

Romney was the "steamroller" version of 'difficult people,' in my opinion - i.e. roll all over other people to get your way. I know what you mean - everyone thought Obama would do better! My thought is to not count him out due to one debate. And I can't wait to check "factcheck.org" and the "truth-o-meter!" It will be interesting...

It's late, so I'm singing off for now...
peace,
AB

Just have to say you claimed to be non partisan, but your posts are clearly pro-Obama. Who was the moderator? How has that person treated Republicans throughout his career? Might give you some insight.

Hello OR - I am Unaffiliated, which means I don't have a party affiliation. At this point in time, I am pro-Obama for the sake of my kids and family. I realize you are in the opposing camp and I do not wish to debate this with you. Please read my other post for my reasoning, if you are curious. I have voted for both Republicans and Democrats in the past and, depending on who is best in my opinion, have sometimes voted for both in local elections (i.e. D for one post, R for another during the same election.) As to being pro-Obama, I would say I am generally so, and hold a rather moderate viewpoint on most issues, more liberal on some and more conservative on others. Does that help?
peace,
AB

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Quick question, did Obama use a teleprompter in the 2008 debates? If so, why not this year?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Times are very different now, that is true. I'd still prefer Romney to be president over Obama having four more years though. There is too much mystery with Obama. The thought of Obama getting another term terrifies me for various reasons of which I won't give detail.

I honestly believe that only God can save this world, and ultimately, it doesn't really matter who gets elected. This world is going to see Hell either way. Though I still rather Romney over Obama any day.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBeatMasta

Times are very different now, that is true. I'd still prefer Romney to be president over Obama having four more years though. There is too much mystery with Obama. The thought of Obama getting another term terrifies me for various reasons of which I won't give detail.

I honestly believe that only God can save this world, and ultimately, it doesn't really matter who gets elected. This world is going to see Hell either way. Though I still rather Romney over Obama any day.

I applaud you. You summed that up nicely. I too, feel much the same. I honestly feel of the two choices, this Country has a slightly better chance of survival and healing with Romney at the helm. If Obama is elected, we can kiss the last vestiges of our Constitution goodbye.

Des

bug

posted on Oct, 7 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
? first US presidential "debate"/scripted event between the two 'official' candidates vs all the ACTUAL candidates:

the "debate" was a scripted event intended to make vulture capitolist romney look good, a CNN/ORC International poll that was taken right after the debate found that 67 percent of those that had watched the debate thought that romney was the winner.
It seemed like both candidates were falling all over each other wanting to talk about how much they value education, but will more education really solve our problems?
After all, 53 percent of all US citizens with a bachelor’s degree under the age of 25 were either unemployed or underemployed in 2011.

in the 90 min debate, NOT mentioned once:
the federal reserve; ben bernanke; quantitative easing; derivative; millions of jobs shipped out of the country; the velocity of money has plunged to a post-World War II low;
that the world is beginning to reject the US dollar as a reserve currency; that the Social Security system is headed for massive trouble was only briefly touched on;
the nightmarish drought the country is experiencing right now; the financial meltdown in Europe; the student loan debt bubble was only briefly mentioned;
that the gap between the wealthy and the poor is now larger than it has been at any point since the Great Depression; no mention of TARP (which they both supported at the time);
the economic stimulus packages (which they both supported at the time); most of the jobs (58%) our economy is producing now are low income jobs;
more than 100 million Americans are enrolled in at least one welfare program; more than half of all Americans are now at least partially financially dependent on the government.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join