It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Presidential Debate (10/03/2012)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Military, medical, education.

What Mitt didn't say is where he would cut spending.

Obama care would be cut, medical and education would be given back to the states to administer, downsize federal government and increase productivity. You must have selective hearing.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
No game changer, here.

It was clear to me that Obama played it very carefully, similar to a football team running a ball control offense trying to run time off the clock with the lead.

For that reason, I think Romney came off stronger. But not so much so that you'll see a significant change in the polls and a shift away from the projected Obama victory.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by TheOneElectric

Romney verse Romney seems to be the Obama plan.

It seems Obama's goal is to let people get a good look at Mitt, and it's not a pretty sight.

Explain please

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by pike13

whatever, grow up and take responsiblity if you don't like something take action.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by BrieBird

See my first post.

The part that the press is not addressing is the presidential factor. Mitt did not come off as presidential, but more like a frat boy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Romney came across as the elitist white asshat that he is. Obama wasn't impressive, but Mitt showed himself to be a tool.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

See my first post.

The part that the press is not addressing is the presidential factor. Mitt did not come off as presidential, but more like a frat boy.

I have met my fair share of Frat boys and I can assure you he did not look like one.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
People say Obama was studdering and stammering but hes defending his time as president to a idiot who is lying his ass off, its not hard to speak without studdering and stammering when your just attacking someone, while lying your ass off.... He did better than any of you could.
edit on 3-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

Who was he defending his time as president to? Shouldn't he have been defending his time as president to you? He doesn't really need to defend anything he's done, 30-40% of the population will defend him blindly. Sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BubbaJoe
Romney came across as the elitist white asshat that he is. Obama wasn't impressive, but Mitt showed himself to be a tool.

How was he elitist? You all keep thowing out this tag phrases but have nothing to back it up with. This makes you sound uninformed.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Military, medical, education.

What Mitt didn't say is where he would cut spending.

So now you contradict yourself. He wants to increase spending on things that are important. That is not the same as he wants increased spending. One means a shift to actual important areas (Romney), one means increasing total federal levels, not what Romney said.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I posted this in another debate thread. I'm re-posting it here, it belongs here.

Tonight everyone got to see first hand...the Emperor has no clothes.

He didn't have the Obama loving MSM talking for him. Nor his ever so important teleprompter to keep him on track.

He belongs in Hollywood with all the other actors.....that's all he is, a two bit actor.

Des

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

He wants to increase defense spending. That counts, right? Certainly should.

Well, my opinion is that Romney definitely came off as the winner, though I wouldn't say it was a slam dunk win as most Republicans will. I'm not like most Republicans anyway, I won't be voting for either of these liars. I think Obama did come off as a little too lax, but most pundits were predicting a Romney win in the first debate so I'm not too surprised.

Obama seemed way too relaxed though, makes me think he has a hidden ace in his sleeve, or something. I've always thought, since around 08 actually, that Romney would be chosen to lose to Obama in 2012, but honestly I won't be surprised if Romney is chosen by the money changers to be the new POTUS.

As Romney said, "The upper income people are going to do well no matter if Mr Obama is president or I am."
edit on 3-10-2012 by PatriotGames2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Obama was out of his league. He's a loafer and and it showed tonight. He didn't seem prepared nor informed. It made me uncomfortable that Obama couldn't make eye contact. Too bad he couldn't just assign one of his czars to fill in for him.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It seemed to me they both talked a whole lot without actually saying anything.

Romney and his 'zingers', the buzz word of the night, came off as though he'd been practicing them for weeks and I have to say he did wait for the right time at least to bust 'em out. "Mr. President, you are entitled to your own plane, your own house, but you are not entitled to your own facts." Kind of ironic, neither of them know anything about facts.

When they were talking about businesses moving jobs overseas, I think Obama said something about it being because of tax breaks, and Romney said although he had been in business for a long time he had no idea what he was talking about... I was waiting for Romney to actually tell us with his business experience WHY THEN businesses are moving jobs overseas because it certainly is happening. Oh well, maybe next debate.

And then when they were talking about mortgages.. What did Mitt say? They don't know what bad mortgages are still? What a bunch of crap... We know what a bad mortgage is. The problem is big banks, investment agencies, and credit ratings agencies conspired together and were rating subprime mortgages as AAA and selling them as high rated derivatives when they were worth zippo then using credit default swaps to bet on them failing. People like Henry Paulson, our former Treasury secretary and former head of Goldman Sachs, helped the subprime mortgage loan bubble get bigger because banks such as his were making a killing on betting on them to fail. When people who shouldn't have gotten a loan in the first place surprise! defaulted on their loans, big banks got paid. That's what the bailout was for. We paid banks to pay other banks what they were owed. You won't hear either or them talk about that, though. Wonder why? Oh yeah, they're both owned by Wall Street.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
CNN poll of registered voters say:

67% Romney win, 25% Obama win

Dennis Miller tweet: "Obama better hope ass-kicking is covered by ObamaCare."

That about sums it all up.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I feel like Obama lost on purpose to temporarily make the election closer and energize his base into a higher turnout. He just didn't look like himself. Maybe he was tired from anniversary related activity with Michelle.

You know, like dinner with in laws and looking at photo albums. No T&C violating implications here.
edit on 10/3/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
I feel like Obama lost on purpose to temporarily make the election closer and energize his base into a higher turnout. He just didn't look like himself. Maybe he was tired from anniversary related activity with Michelle.

Is that the way you go into a review with your boss? because after all we are his boss he works for the american people. It showed he didn't care and was uninterested. In a moment in time like this he should have came with his A game ready to battle.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

That's part of the reason American politics is garbage right now, it's completely election oriented. Every move, statement, and choice of clothing is motivated by votes.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrieBird

Is that the way you go into a review with your boss? because after all we are his boss he works for the american people. It showed he didn't care and was uninterested. In a moment in time like this he should have came with his A game ready to battle.

Gutfield tweets: "The President didn't bring his "A game?" I argue that he did."

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

That's part of the reason American politics is garbage right now, it's completely election oriented. Every move, statement, and choice of clothing is motivated by votes.

Why is that garbage? should they show up in track suits, unprepared to speak on the issues and hunched over. Come on I would never hire someone who walked in like that would you? Thats just common sense.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join