It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1st Presidential Debate (10/03/2012)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Well, the first debate is now over. How do you think each candidate did? Do you feel they answered the questions asked? Are you reconsidering who to vote for?

How do you think Romney held himself? How do you think Obama held himself?

Do you feel this first debate will make or break either candidate?

Do you think either candidate lied about anything? Do you think either of them were completely truthful?

What are your comments, and views on the matter?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
you first....
what are yours?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
That debate was just embarressing. Obama got spanked! He is much better spoken when the teleprompter is on. He was fumbling, stammering, and blaming others for his lack of accomplishments. I would have respected him more for oweing up to his faults and explaining how he plans to make it right if re-elected. More of the same circular thinking and hot topic words no action plan just noise.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Romney won hands down.

Obama was weak and boyish and feeble.

Obama had trouble giving a clear answer or explanation.

We now have seen the R...Real Obama !!

Stuttering and stammering without his programmed teleprompter.

The M$M will be doing all they can to save face tomorrow

Obama runs the country just like we saw tonight.

His arrogance did him no good this time......

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
well i thought Romney was nervous and Obama was cocky. Obama does not care because he thinks the debate are pointless because he is going to win anyway.

it was funny listening to them go back and forth over that five trillion. :-)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
People say Obama was studdering and stammering but hes defending his time as president to a idiot who is lying his ass off, its not hard to speak without studdering and stammering when your just attacking someone, while lying your ass off.... He did better than any of you could.
edit on 3-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBeatMasta

I think we will be seeing some damage control from all MSM other than FOX, and we will see FOX with their very slight conservative spin as well. Obama got destroyed, he had no answers because he has no answers, he never did. Obama is great as long as he isn't answering anything of actual importance, or has anyone fat checking his lies. I don't fully agree with what Romney says all the time, but his words are far more honest and sincere, and he doesn't backpeddle.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I thought Romney looked a bit wacky, more like a cartoon villian then presidential.

And he made lots of contradictory claims. Somehow Romney is going to cut taxes, increase spending, and reduce the deficit at the same time.

Obama looked like he'd like to be taking a nap. He said not to expect much, and he delivered. His calmness seemed well played. He came off as more reasonable, more presidential.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve
People say Obama was studdering and stammering but hes defending his time as president to a idiot who is lying his ass off, its not hard to speak without studdering and stammering when your just attacking someone, while lying your ass off.... He did better than any of you could.

Well when you have an indefensible record it is hard to defend it. I would do better than him by not lying non stop and not going back on every promise I made.

Truth comes natural, lies have to be invented. Who sounded more natural? Thought so.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
I thought Romney looked a bit wacky, more like a cartoon villian then presidential.

And he made lots of contradictory claims. Somehow Romney is going to cut taxes, increase spending, and reduce the deficit at the same time.

Obama looked like he'd like to be taking a nap. He said not to expect much, and he delivered. His calmness seemed well played. He came off as more reasonable, more presidential.

Where does Romney say he wants to increase spending?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'll say this

Romney talked a lot and seemed more confident. He definitely used the bully factor. However, he shifted from his main positions way too much. At times it didn't even sound like Romney's official platform. I mean, if that worked...go ahead. There was also the odd moment sof factual mislabeling. I mean outright lies. Like I said, Romney spoke a lot, and would give a factual contradiction to what he previously stated minutes earlier. It came off as "in control bully" (and I don't mean that in a bad way, I mean it in a political way), but it didn't meld with self...it was Mitt v Mitt out there, and Obama looked as if he was just going to allow it to happen or not happen.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by dayve

What is Romney lieing about? Educate me please and I would hope Obama could do better then I could he is the president for cripe sake!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Now even Bill Maher is saying Obama needs a teleprompter !!!

Obama backer Bill Maher – the same fellow who tossed $1 million to an Obama- supporting super PAC – just threw his president under the bus over this debate. Here’s what he tweeted:

i can't believe i'm saying this, but Obama looks like he DOES need a teleprompter

Obama has a serious problem when he’s lost Nicholas Kristof, Andrew Sullivan, and Bill Maher.

Bill Maher: Obama 'Needs a Teleprompter'

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Cutting taxes provides more money for which to be spent and reinvested so that revenue can be accumulated in order to pay down debt. Its basic math really.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dayve

Damn! That response was a lot like Mr. Obama's responses during this debate... A lot of words strung together and still saying nothing...

Mr. Romney dominated that debate! He sure as hell didn't make Mr. Obama look like a chastised child by being an idiot.

See ya,
Milt

link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

Military, medical, education.

What Mitt didn't say is where he would cut spending.

link   
Obama got his ass kicked by Romney....end of story

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Romney did great tonight!

He came out an ended strong and he continually addressed Obama directly, always maintainig eye contact.

Obama, however, kept looking at the moderator, but mostly looked down the entire time.

GO ROMNEY!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Romney verse Romney seems to be the Obama plan.

It seems Obama's goal is to let people get a good look at Mitt, and it's not a pretty sight.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
There's not enough time in the debate,Romney never really said anything to make me want to vote for him.Obama looked as if he was about to get a spanking with his head hung down not looking at Romney, You could tell Obama was pissed when Romney brought up Obamacare and certain other issues. I would'nt vote for neither one of them. Look's like were screwed either way.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join