It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Its me just being honest I'm like Mahmoud always misunderstood

Romney did not put it over the top

link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Xtrozero

Definintely one of the best lines of the night.

Any others that will we'll be seeing over and over for the next few days?

One where Romney ran off a laundry list of areas Obama is failing in....

link   
Add to that, Massachusetts was number 1 in education during Romney's Governorship.

Originally posted by Xtrozero
" 90 billion in green companies that over half have failed could have paid for 2 million teachers" great line....

link   
reply to post by HostileApostle

ever since the debates where first aired on TV, candidates are not judges upon content, but upon the portrayal of their content.

in other words... who is the better actor?

now, while i agree that Romney will NOT be good for the middle class... Romney was the better actor tonight.

bottom line... they both depress me.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Right now everyone is focusing on who "won" tonight, and they are soley basing this on who was more agressive, who they thought was more clear, and that they think Romney looked more excited to be there.

No one is talking about the content of what they talked about yet.

So for everyone who wants to say Romney "won" tonight, that is fine. However, Romney just said a lot of things on record, on national TV, that can be referenced in the future when Romney tries to say something else in an interview, or at a speech, or at the next debate.

So people can say Romney "won" tonight, and I'll say Obama "won" this upcoming week.

link   
reply to post by Jakes51

You have just written the best round up of this evening's debate.

Totally agree.

link   

Originally posted by neo96
I would say a tie

Both gave a somewhat "strong" show but nothing to sway those still sitting on the fence.

I agree but this debate did work in Mitts favor. I thought he sound confident and well prepared.

I still won't vote for him or Obama based on this "debate"

Gary Johnson for me who was kept out of the debate. He would have destroyed those clowns

link   
reply to post by Jakes51

How can the President speak highly of never seeing unemployment being 8%, the deficit continually rising, no balanced budget, and the failed green initiatives. He could not, and that aura of confidence was waning.

The question is which debate will America remember the most. The first one or the last one which is foreign policy.

Short term memory helps Obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Like I said neither gave anything close to being "outstanding" performance.

link   

" 90 billion in green companies that over half have failed could have paid for 2 million teachers" great line....

Even better with the mention of interested investors that were major Obama donors. Scared my kid jumping up and yelling "BURN! HA!"

link   
reply to post by Jordan River

A millionaire who has nothing better to do in his life but maske more money, and sit in front of a mirror debating with himself in preperation for Obama, a president who has a lot of stress on his plate won...

That stress must of just came from left field, but lets take into consideration it is his anniversary, and not only does he have to debate but he has to take his wife out and that is probably something he doesn't want to do...Especially if there is dessert in the end.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hey Barrock you want a tissue? You silly cry baby.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Jakes51

How can the President speak highly of never seeing unemployment being 8%, the deficit continually rising, no balanced budget, and the failed green initiatives. He could not, and that aura of confidence was waning.

The question is which debate will America remember the most. The first one or the last one which is foreign policy.

Short term memory helps Obama.

Obama could have picked up one of a thousand hammers and taken them to Romney, instead
he handed all of those hammers Romney.

Obama better splash some water on his face ~
edit on 3-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by campanionator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What the heck has Obama and Romney been smokin? Neither one intilled confidence in me to vote for them..by by miss american pie.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mythos

It doesn't matter, this was the first debate. Americans have short attention spans. After the next debate, no one will care who looked more energized or agressive in the first debate.

Bottom line, Romney just admitted to a lot of positions he holds that will directly hurt the middle class. He also had to deny some of his own past positions and pretend like he never said those things.

Romney's 5 trillion tax cut, Romney desperately tried to get away from that, trying to deny that is his position. All independent studies show that this is true.

Let me simplify this for you. Romney just offered up on a platter a ton of fodder for the fact checkers and for future ads in this debate. There are still 5 weeks until the election, Romney has to live with the comments he just made, and the positions he just laid out for 5 weeks.

I truly believe that was Obama's strategy.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
well, ...that's what you have when romney simply lies, and nobody responds......same thing with bush ..same thing with romney....romney changed all of his positions during this debate....(yawn) shocker

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by campanionator

Obama could have picked up one of a thousand hammers and taken them to Romney, instead he handed those all those hammers to Romney.

Very true. Makes one wonder why Obama was holding back. Was he afraid of being too negative or lowering expectations to knock Romney out in the next round? Go figure. But that aside I still didn't hear anything interesting from either of them.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
Add to that, Massachusetts was number 1 in education during Romney's Governorship.

That was an exceptional reply to Obama's attack on Romney that he will kill education.

"putting 700 billion back into medicare" that Obama took out... another line

Obama didn't have much focus, few numbers, and halfway though most of his answers I forgot the question. Romney was focused and sharp on his answers AND more importantly his rebuttals.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
On ABC News right now. Obama low-level and mid-level staff arguing about whether or not Obama won tonight.

Bottom Line:
Obama Loss

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree with you, and Americans do have a short attention span. Rome wasn't built in a day. Going into this I was indifferent about both of them. However, I thought Romney ran rip-shot over the President and his policies. The President just took a dent to his armor tonight. Just my opinion, and I am fairly certain others feel differently. Regardless of one's political loyalties, it is blatantly clear that the President looked uncomfortable about his own record, and appeared flustered. Just now, I am listening to the hack talking heads spinning too their heart's content to lessen the blow. They seem perturbed as well? Just my opinion. I am ready for the next debate!
edit on 3-10-2012 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join