It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney strong out of the gate in debate: Obama Stumbling

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Ah the ole' teleprompter retort- something that all Presidents use- but you people particularly hate Obama for using.

Tell me, overly simplistic view person- what did Obama use in the numerous other debates, which he won?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nana2

Originally posted by MrPlow
Rmoney came out aggressive and wasn't awkward- that was about it. If people were actually paying attention to what he was sayin, it was complete BS and/or just a word salad followed by the usual folksy stories from the heartland that all candidates relay.

I think, as usual- While Romney was overly excited to score points right out of the gate (at some points he reminded me a child who really needed to pee) Obama is focusing on the long game and save he's most scathing attacks for the final debates so that the leave the most impression heading into the polls

okaaayyy... not sure how he will accomplish this without his teleprompter or his lapdog media shielding uncomfortable questions for him, Seems to me he won't fare any better than he did last nite.

reply to post by Nana2

Oh you're not sure, huh? I would imagine you're not sure of very much. Seriously...the whole teleprompter thing is stupid, and played out. He sometimes uses a teleprompter for SPEECHES- just as all Presidents have been using since it's inception. Give it a break.

Obama wasn't using a teleprompter when he was debating in 2003. Go find a new, stupid "zinger" to clench your lips around
edit on 4-10-2012 by MrPlow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWithoutAFace
www.npr.org...

"Romney flatly disputed that number. "First of all, I don't have a $5 trillion tax cut," he said.

Who's right? The Washington Post's Fact Checker says the facts on this one are on Obama's side. The New York Times notes that Romney "has proposed cutting all marginal tax rates by 20 percent — which would in and of itself cut tax revenue by $5 trillion."

FactCheck.org has weighed in too, tweeting during the debate that "Romney says he will pay for $5T tax cut without raising deficit or raising taxes on middle class. Experts say that's not possible."

Romney appeared stronger with providing convincing numbers, but the fact checkers disagree. Aces.

I guess the thing to do now, is to compare Obama's own budget plan against Romney's...

However, Raymond J. Keating, chief economist for the Small Business & Entrepreneurship Council, expresses that the Obama budget plan is only “jammed with anti-growth and anti-small business measures.”

“Under the President’s plan, taxes on the earnings of successful entrepreneurs and investors would jump dramatically. Meanwhile, on the spending side, nothing is done to actually reduce total federal outlays,” Keating says, “This combination of higher taxes on entrepreneurship and investment, and persistently high levels of government spending is a recipe for putting the U.S. on a long-term track of slow growth and poor job creation.”

The Obama budget’s overall effect on the fiscal health of the federal government is a matter for debate. Without taking the positive or negative effects of government spending into account, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) estimates that the plan will increase the size of the federal deficit by $3.5 trillion over the next 10 years.

So, while comparing the two, the conclusion is...

Many of the specific details associated with the Romney budget plan are undefined, such as the sources for offsetting revenue to keep the budget “revenue neutral” in light of his well-articulated tax cuts.

Likewise, the Obama budget plan may not adequately address the long-term issue of the budget deficit, without applying an overly-optimistic GDP growth scenario.

Underpinning the entire debate is the question of who best can spur economic growth, the individual or the government?

"Will Obama or Romney's Budget Plan Cost You More Money"

www.gobankingrates.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Most of the public treats these debates as a football game rather than what they are- a chess match.

Romney came out overly excited and threw ALL of his cards out on the table. The next time they debate domestic policy, his feet are going to be held to that fire and Obama is going to dismantle him.

The fact checks have been killing Romney all morning/afternoon now. Enjoy your hangover!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It was easy to debate McCain, because he was a terrible debater.
Romney dominated Obama last night, there's no denying it.

I will not be voting for either one, but last night was pretty obvious.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by Dustytoad

Yah really who cares.

Neither one of these establishment goons is going to change anything.

The debt will grow, our dollar will get weaker, the wars will expand, our civil liberties will continue to die.

edit on 3-10-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

Three short lines in your post.
Totally nailed everything that needs saying. Spot on in your analysis.

And I'm not even American FGS!

I watched that film 'Game Change' (I think it was called) with Ed Harris and Julianne Moore starring as John McCain and Sarah Palin during the 2008 election campaign. I know it's a fictional account, but it is supposed to be pretty darn accurate. It shows you -if you hadn't already cottoned on- how utterly mechanical, formulaic, cynical and contrived politics is in our time.

They are playing a game. At least back in the 'day' when they played they played with a real ball. (I don't know if that metaphor works. What I'm trying to say is that it is ALL bull**** these days)

Talk crap > Get feedback > Adjust crap > Get feedback.... etc etc etc.

You might as well vote for your next door neighbour's dog.

I think the utter ineptitude and impotence of both the U.S President and our Prime Minister here in the U.K shows that there is most certainly levels of power above them and that is where the decisions are really made.
edit on 4-10-2012 by JamesMc82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
if you watched close you could see the strings

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by headorheart
I think Romney is definitely coming across more clearly and more confidently.

'When ignorance is mutual confidence is King'.

Damn fitting quote I would say.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Last night was the first time i saw Romney - in a PRESIDENTIAL light.
Aggressive,positive,focused and seemingly sincere.

the potus on the other hand seemed to spew generalities and was missing his tell-lie-prompter.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Romney does seems like a snake to me.
Don't just ever trust him IMO. The bigger the smile...
edit on 4-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Plugin
Romney does seems like a snake to me.
Don't just ever trust him IMO. The bigger the smile...
edit on 4-10-2012 by Plugin because: (no reason given)

'The bigger the smile...'

Tony Blair (aka the Anti Christ) springs to mind. He makes a Cheshire Cat look like a manic depressive.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I think the american people deserve romney and I am being as sarcastic as possible in saying this. The sheep have no clue what it takes to become mayor, governor, senator, president. They have no clue what it takes to be on the debates, they have no clue as to why only 2 party members are listed on the major polls, how much first amendment rights are guaranteed by voting with your pocket.

It is a republican charade. Always was and probably will continue to be so. Two sponsors dropped from the debates but that can hardely make a dent in this totally and unbelievably malevolent bullet proof right wing controlled government.

Romney is a war mongering, wall street shill. Obama is a kenyan imposture running for president.

Go back to sleep america. World War 3 will finish the nightmare at some point.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Sure Øbama was hesitant, muddled, off base. not on top of his game....

~Now this is just speculation on my part from listening to the group i hang with~

Øbama was distracted because he was edgy about being confronted with the Libya disaster being brought up...
there's suttlebutt that Øbama has some secret...Execuitive Privledge...things and possible agreements with both Egyptian president (installed by the west) Morsi and luvvy-duvvy things going on privately with the Muslim Brotherhood....
which might be publically announced before November...(can you say 'October Surprize'

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Regardless of your opinion, Indigo, this President has shown that he can't work with Congress and he couldn't even get ONE Democrat in the Senate to support his budget plan with a vote of 99-0. Regardless of whether or not you hold Congress responsible for all of this, it's a clear statement that Obama doesn't have what it takes to LEAD them and get support from them.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

That and the fact that more border agents have turned up dead in the last week by Mexican drug cartels, bringing Fast and Furious back to the forefront again. Yep, Obama's looking for a way out.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Many of the specific details associated with the Romney budget plan are undefined, such as the sources for offsetting revenue to keep the budget “revenue neutral” in light of his well-articulated tax cuts.

He needs to be more clear on this. It's supposed to be off-set by generating more taxpayers.

He also needs to specifically state what he is doing to reduce deductions and close loopholes, as many of these specifically target and assist middle income families (mortgage interest deductions, a BIG example that almost every middle income earner claims). It was good he came out with NUMBERS and new material lastnight, but he needs to take it further to pull a win.

Ohblahma really got caught flat footed lastnight without his typical media shielding. Don't expect it to happen again, and Romney has to maintain the surprise, especially in the upcoming Foreign Affairs debate since he lacks applicable experience (not that Obama's "experience" thus far with Arab Spring, aide to Muslim brotherhood controlled Egypt, Libyan ambassador, dealing with Israel, bowing to Chinese etc. over the years has been wonderfully spectacular.) But he needs to retain the hype, the surprise, the poise and posture that gave him strength lastnight.

PS., still wish Gary Johnson was allowed to debate these two clowns. And the MSM often cites how third parties never get enough support... wonder why! (not)... Establishment shills unfortunately control it all.
edit on 4-10-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

How kind of you to suggest poor Obama was overburdened by the pressures of his position as president. I guess that just started the day of the debate.cough, cough.
He flat out isn't used to being called out and was scared of the litaney of issues that Romney didn't even need to bring up.
The reason Obama didn't raise the 47% comment was, in retaliation, Romney could have yapped like an auctioneer for two full minutes and not even dent the screw-ups, lies and outright constitutional violations of the last four years. Obama is and will continue to be out gunned, ammunition-wise in these debates.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
reply to post by MRuss

Sure Øbama was hesitant, muddled, off base. not on top of his game....

~Now this is just speculation on my part from listening to the group i hang with~

Øbama was distracted because he was edgy about being confronted with the Libya disaster being brought up...
there's suttlebutt that Øbama has some secret...Execuitive Privledge...things and possible agreements with both Egyptian president (installed by the west) Morsi and luvvy-duvvy things going on privately with the Muslim Brotherhood....
which might be publically announced before November...(can you say 'October Surprize'

Uh....the topic theme for last night's debate was DOMESTIC POLICY.

....no chance of having any surprises brought up about Libya and four dead Americans.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
i would like romney far more if it werent for his intense support at not even touching the military budget.

it says a lot about his possible failure to fix our economy, and his need for war...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Keep arguing about who won the debate last night folks!

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join